Wedding Woes

Confessions

12345679»

Re: Confessions

• With all this talk about Christian Rock, I am having flashbacks to the South Park episode where Cartman, Token, and Butters form a Christian Rock band called "Faith Plus One".

Cartman has a similar attitude about how formulaic Christian Rock is, so it should therefore be easy to be a huge success.  He makes a bet with Kyle that the band will get a Platinum album.  And they do become that successful!  Except he finds out, in the end, that in Christian Rock that level of sales is called a Myrhh (sp?) album and he loses the bet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I crank up my radio to drown it out. But I have very bad, inappropriate taste in music and the other day my Pandora played a live Cannibal Corpse song. Before I could do anything about it, suddenly dude is yelling "THIS SONG IS ABOUT SHOOTING BLOOD OUT OF YOUR COCK!".

I mean, hasn't he ever laughed during his period?  Totally the same thing.

spit GIF
  • @WinstonsGirl Oh there is definitely better Italian food anywhere else, but when we went we were expecting somewhat like East Side Mario's level. I was surprised, I wish we had Olive Garden :(
    Funny, cos we used to have a lot of East Side Mario's around, and now there's only 1 in the area and it's a good 45 min drive from us.  They've disappeared out here

• I keep tweezers in the center console of my car because my Eastern European eyebrows are so light that the car is the only place where the lighting is good enough for me to see if they need tweezing. They needed tweezing this morning so I did it in my work parking lot before heading into my office. 

It felt good to tell that to you all. Lol
  • I cannot tweeze my eyebrows.  I pluck about 2 and then my eyes fill with tears and I can't see for 10 min.  Waxing all the way.  ;) 
  • I keep tweezers in the center console of my car because my Eastern European eyebrows are so light that the car is the only place where the lighting is good enough for me to see if they need tweezing. They needed tweezing this morning so I did it in my work parking lot before heading into my office. 

It felt good to tell that to you all. Lol
    I keep tweezers in my purse for that very reason. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I cannot tweeze my eyebrows.  I pluck about 2 and then my eyes fill with tears and I can't see for 10 min.  Waxing all the way.  ;) 
    Have you tried threading?
    Depending on who does it, less painful than waxing in general
  • I have started having my eyebrows threaded and I love it, so impossibly much.  My eyebrows finally have the perfect shape, the person somehow magically makes them match finally, and the threading seems to last longer than waxing or tweezing ever did.

But oh man, the person hurt me last time.  My eyes actually teared up.  In the person's defense, I was about a month overdue too.  But whew, I didn't think I was going to be able to let her continue.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    I'm to cheap and lazy to get them threaded.  I used to.  now I just tweeze on my own, but I always grab my skin and it hurts like a MOFO.  But I save $8 so...

• I'm to cheap and lazy to get them threaded.  I used to.  now I just tweeze on my own, but I always grab my skin and it hurts like a MOFO.  But I save $8 so...
    You need to move here.
    Threading is cheaper than waxing, but I personally get my brows waxed more for sheer location purposes.
  • I'm to cheap and lazy to get them threaded.  I used to.  now I just tweeze on my own, but I always grab my skin and it hurts like a MOFO.  But I save $8 so...
    You need to move here.
    Threading is cheaper than waxing, but I personally get my brows waxed more for sheer location purposes.
    cheaper than $8?  actually, Im really to lazy and the funny thing is, it's on the way home from work...

You need to move here.
    cheaper than $8?  actually, Im really to lazy and the funny thing is, it's on the way home from work...
    Yeh. Typically when I get mine done, I pay $8 after taxes and tip
  • I drive nearly an hour each way for my waxes. She was much closer years ago when I started going to her but I get Brazilians too and that's just not a new relationship I'd like to have to start again with another complete stranger.
    #truth 
  • I tweeze my own daily. That way, I keep up with it and only have to do 3 or 4 hairs a day instead of doing a whole bunch at once. 

I'd like to thread the rest of my face, but I need to practice. My MIL does it to herself and is really fast. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Re: waxing
    I get my eyebrows waxed every 6 or so weeks.  If the lady waxing just generally asks if I want anything else done I say no..if I’m asked “mustache too?!” I’m always like “yeah...I guess so”  :# the power of words...
  • @mrsconn23 I'm the same - tweezing gives me that nails on the chalkboard feeling in my gut, almost like the hair is coming from my stomach.  I love getting it done too, I could fall asleep!  I do hate the after-lotion though and always refuse that.

@eileenrob - I shave my 'stache everyother day.  There's no way I'm letting that hair get long enough to need a wax and I always shave before a wax so I know I can't be fooled by them!
  • Confession - my coworker with the Christian rock? She's an older lady with the softest little voice. But she gets really frustrated really easily. I cannot help but laugh when she's mumbling, "Just give me the fucking information you god damn son of a bitch" with her sweet little voice and her sweet Christian rock radio. I love it.
    Image result for i love jesus but i cuss a little
  • I forgot to take my no chip off last night, so now I will head down to the basement bathroom (no one goes in) to do this on my own.  Because hell if i pay $5 for someone else to do it.

• Confession - my coworker with the Christian rock? She's an older lady with the softest little voice. But she gets really frustrated really easily. I cannot help but laugh when she's mumbling, "Just give me the fucking information you god damn son of a bitch" with her sweet little voice and her sweet Christian rock radio. I love it.

Right now she's yelling and swearing at a website because she can't log in. Also, "no fucking training on how to use the fucking site".

She's using login information A for website B.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever