Chit Chat

inexpensive venue

Hi ladies, I got married in 2006, but am coming back because I need ideas for places to hold my 20 year high school reunion.  Honestly I'm not that old...lol. Anyway, I'm looking for places like Southport Hall or Bayou Beer Garden. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

Re: inexpensive venue

• Try the local board.  I don't know where either of those two locations are.  But I don't think your local board will be very helpful either.  TK is not as popular as it once was.  The big bosses don't care about the little message boards and have all but killed them.  There are some regs that keep things going, but that's about it.

Also, try polling your classmates for ideas on where to have the reunion.  Good luck!
  • Hey @Mrs. Saxy!  I'm a reg who just so happens to live in NOLA.  I see your H's Drew Brees jersey ;).  I know exactly where you are talking about.

I've heard of Southport Hall, but am not familiar with it as a venue.  I think someplace casual, like the Bayou Beer Garden would be great, but I wouldn't pick that venue specifically because there is no "rain plan".  Almost all of it is outside.  One of my coworkers held an event there this last Thurs., when it was POURING.  Not good.

Depending on how large your group is, a lot of casual restaurants and bars will allow the space or "a" space to be rented out.  Liuzza's is near the Bayou Beer Garden.  I'd bet it could be rented out on the cheaper side (but avoid Jazz Fest time).  I went to a Christmas party at the Acme Oyster house in Metairie, though that was a number of years ago.

At any rate, I'm not familiar with specific venue prices for lower cost options, but the general type of places mentioned above would be my targets.

Wedding Countdown Ticker