Wedding Woes

Monday!

1235»

Re: Monday!

• Regarding baby wearing - totally recommend.  If you're planning to nurse it's also great to use carriers like the Ergo, Becco or Tula where you have lumbar support and no chest fabric other than what holds in baby.   I've used the Ergo to nurse Chiquito discreetly and the advantage at infancy was that he'd chill out and nap when we walked around while big sister was too cool to stop moving.  

I definitely found baby wearing to be far more common when I had 2. 
  • banana468 said:
    Regarding baby wearing - totally recommend.  If you're planning to nurse it's also great to use carriers like the Ergo, Becco or Tula where you have lumbar support and no chest fabric other than what holds in baby.   I've used the Ergo to nurse Chiquito discreetly and the advantage at infancy was that he'd chill out and nap when we walked around while big sister was too cool to stop moving.  

Idk what brand our baby carrier is, but I'm thinking Ergo? I know it's good brand, because I recognized the name when we got it. Drawing a blank now ...

The one we have has straps and one of them looks like backpack straps as well
  • snip

When visiting NYC, I thought subway cars for the same stop/destination coming by every 10 minutes (or less) was absolutely magical, lol.

Have you ever been to London? The tube comes every two minutes. TWO. Now THAT is magical! LOL! That city is massive yet the trains get you all over the place so quickly. I'm envious of their infrastructure. 

• banana468 said:
    Regarding baby wearing - totally recommend.  If you're planning to nurse it's also great to use carriers like the Ergo, Becco or Tula where you have lumbar support and no chest fabric other than what holds in baby.   I've used the Ergo to nurse Chiquito discreetly and the advantage at infancy was that he'd chill out and nap when we walked around while big sister was too cool to stop moving.  

Idk what brand our baby carrier is, but I'm thinking Ergo? I know it's good brand, because I recognized the name when we got it. Drawing a blank now ...

There's a lot of names out there.   I DO NOT recommend the standard Bjorn.   Mofo hurt my back when the kid was still tiny.   

If your carrier has good padding at the waist and thick padded straps you're onto something hopefully good. 
  • snip

When visiting NYC, I thought subway cars for the same stop/destination coming by every 10 minutes (or less) was absolutely magical, lol.

Have you ever been to London? The tube comes every two minutes. TWO. Now THAT is magical! LOL! That city is massive yet the trains get you all over the place so quickly. I'm envious of their infrastructure. 
    London ruined me for all other public transit here. It was so clean and easy to understand. If I didn’t have a car here I would seriously be limited to maybe my city only, and it’s not like it’s a super cool metropolis with stuff that’s easy to reach. It literally takes 20-30 minutes in the car on the freeway to reach from one end to the other. 

FI and I have been talking about getting an RV or a trailer so we can do more extended road trips and save on the cost of hotel rooms. 

• banana468 said:

Have your H try out different brands. FI preferred one over another and that was the one we went with because it was the one he was going to use the most often. See if your city has a lending library. You can usually find them through FB. 
  • banana468 said:

Have your H try out different brands. FI preferred one over another and that was the one we went with because it was the one he was going to use the most often. See if your city has a lending library. You can usually find them through FB. 
    And as weird as it sounds, it's also good to try out with a friend's kid.   You want the fit to be nice but it's hard to tell how something will feel after being on your chest or back for hours unless it's actually there.  
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

And as weird as it sounds, it's also good to try out with a friend's kid.   You want the fit to be nice but it's hard to tell how something will feel after being on your chest or back for hours unless it's actually there.  
    None of our friends have kids young enough to try it out, we considered that.

He's tried on the carrier and he was surprised by how much he liked it. My mum put a pack of either sugar or flour to get an idea on weight and he felt it was pretty comfortable {obv it's not the same thing, but base idea on weight
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

He's tried on the carrier and he was surprised by how much he liked it. My mum put a pack of either sugar or flour to get an idea on weight and he felt it was pretty comfortable {obv it's not the same thing, but base idea on weight
    The stores that we go to have a weighted doll that mimics a 15lb baby. Or they'll put one of their kids in :) 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

The stores that we go to have a weighted doll that mimics a 15lb baby. Or they'll put one of their kids in :) 
    Like this idea.   Flour and sugar are only 5 lbs ish - at least in the US.   You really need to experience the love that is more than 10 lbs hanging on you.  My kids were on the inside of me when they were that size.