Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Speaking of power.  Apparently there were a few confirmed tornadoes around here the other day.  There will be people that don't get power back until Sunday.

My PTO plan (not paid time off) worked and the woman didn't show.  We managed to skate out of there at 10:30 so I grabbed a quick 2 miles before preschool pickup.

All of my summer clothes are too big.  Not just a little, but a lot.  I really need to shop, but I don't know when or with what money.  Wahwah. 

• Options
    Looks like from the utility company site that the power is back on at my house. H should be going home soon to check. Looking forward to having heat and lights again! Idk what we would've done if we had to go another night without heat or electricity.
    yeah, my initial thought was: but what about all your food?!? 'cus ya know, food!

• Options
    @CharmedPam Let me know closer to the date because it's a limited time offer, but I can let you know what will be in stores {I saw a Reese's donut today fyi}
    Reese's are my WEAKNESS. Anything with peanut butter really, but their PB/chocolate ratio is always spot. on. 
    Have you seen the 1/2 lb reese cup?
    No - what?!
  • Options
    Looks like from the utility company site that the power is back on at my house. H should be going home soon to check. Looking forward to having heat and lights again! Idk what we would've done if we had to go another night without heat or electricity.
    yeah, my initial thought was: but what about all your food?!? 'cus ya know, food!
    My main concern has definitely been about the food! My freezer is full of really good meat (chicken, ground beef, sausage and a roast from the local butcher) that I didn't want to have to toss. I do have some ground turkey in the fridge that I'm going to chuck because I can't trust it after being the in the fridge with no power for 18 hours.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    @cupcait927, I hope you get your power back soon.

The paycheck drama from yesterday continues. The company and the bank are pointing fingers at each other. In the meantime, I have a bank account with a negative balance and an overdraft fee. The bank said it would reverse the fee but it hasn't done so yet. Fuck.
    I know you said its a well known company, but given the fact they let you go also - are you sure they are not having difficulty?  Either that or they removed you from their system because they knew they were letting you go and the check didn't clear first?  Either way it sounds stressful, hope they figure it out soon.
  • Options
    My main concern has definitely been about the food! My freezer is full of really good meat (chicken, ground beef, sausage and a roast from the local butcher) that I didn't want to have to toss. I do have some ground turkey in the fridge that I'm going to chuck because I can't trust it after being the in the fridge with no power for 18 hours.

For future reference for all, the most important thing during a power outage in regards to the fridge/freezer is DON'T open them.  They will maintain their temps for a surprisingly long time, as long as the doors stay closed.  A full freezer does an especially great job of staying on temp.

Usually anything in the fridge, with the possible exception of milk, is safe for about 24 hours (if the door wasn't opened much).  Though I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to throw the ground turkey out.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Anything in a fairly full freezer will stay frozen and be safe for 2-3 days (if the door wasn't opened much).  Ice-cream will start slightly melting after about 24 hours, but will also still be mostly frozen after 2-3 days.  Though, when it re-freezes, that can sometimes mess with the texture and taste a bit.

Guess why I know so much random information about power outages and refrigeration.

Signed,

A Resident of Hurricane Alley

We were in an out of the fridge a couple times last night to pull leftovers out for dinner, unfortunately. And I had to open it again this morning to grab some fruit, which is why I'm hesitant to use the ground turkey :( The freezer stayed shut the whole time and is pretty full so that's a positive!
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Let me know closer to the date because it's a limited time offer, but I can let you know what will be in stores {I saw a Reese's donut today fyi}
    Reese's are my WEAKNESS. Anything with peanut butter really, but their PB/chocolate ratio is always spot. on. 
    No - what?!
    Can't find on their official site, but google 1/2 lb reese cup ;)
  • Options
    No - what?!
    That's insane! What do you do - slice it like a cake and share it?!
  • Options
    No - what?!
    I haven't had it but I've bought it for my mum and M, neither of them shared lol
    I think it's basically a hard shell like a regular cup though
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    @cupcait927, I hope you get your power back soon.

The paycheck drama from yesterday continues. The company and the bank are pointing fingers at each other. In the meantime, I have a bank account with a negative balance and an overdraft fee. The bank said it would reverse the fee but it hasn't done so yet. Fuck.
    I know you said its a well known company, but given the fact they let you go also - are you sure they are not having difficulty?  Either that or they removed you from their system because they knew they were letting you go and the check didn't clear first?  Either way it sounds stressful, hope they figure it out soon.
    That did cross my mind. I'm still furious about the whole thing.
  • Options
    No - what?!
    I haven't had it but I've bought it for my mum and M, neither of them shared lol
    I think it's basically a hard shell like a regular cup though

Not the 1/2 lb. Reese's, but I did buy a large "easter egg" Reese's.  I don't remember the weight, but it was about 6" long and 2" high at the widest.

I cut that into slices to share with H.

Usually during Christmas, you can also find 1 lb. Hershey bars.  I've never bought one, but I have seen them on the shelves.  They are enormous and a sight to behold, lol!  They look and are packaged exactly like a normal Hershey bar, except they're like a foot long and a lot thicker. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No - what?!
    my mom gets my H one for his birthday every year. You get two big Reese cups in the package. We usually slice one in quarters or in half. But we're fat kids who love Reese cups so normal people might eat less
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    my mom gets my H one for his birthday every year. You get two big Reese cups in the package. We usually slice one in quarters or in half. But we're fat kids who love Reese cups so normal people might eat less
    Did they change it? Last I saw it was just one huge cup
  • Options
    Spinach.

Sorry, I needed to get the subject off of Reese's. 
    And now I'm thinking about spinach pizza :| thanks lol
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/REESE-S-Holiday-Peanut-Butter-Cups-1-lb/21566333

This is what she gets. It is 2 1/2 lb cups in one package
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    kvruns said:

Fuck. Not in Canada. We're missing out. Son of a ...
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    kvruns said:

Agreed!  This is what I've seen.  Usually during the holidays.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker