Wedding Woes

Tattoos!

Figured there was a bit of chit-chat here and there about tattoos.

Who has 'em?
Who is planning on getting any?
Is there a style you like?

Ladies without tatts can chime in!!

AW your tatts if you want too :)

I personally have 5
- Virgo sign on inner right forearm {got this same day and same area as M got a carbon atom}
- star chain on right side between hip & ribs {birthstones of my dad, mum and myself}
- script from a story for a friend that passed away on left side from hip to ribs
- lightning bolt on left foot for my dad {got it before he passed}
- giant treble clef cat on left shoulder blade {goes down to around bra line} My mum has matching one on her leg

Planned tatts:
- left bicep in typewriter font "you are my sunshine" for my mum
- adding star to chain for BabyKitten
- matching tatt with M for BabyKitten {not sure on what yet}
- star, heart, club & spade on my right shoulder blade. Planning them small and somewhat on top of shoulder.

Re: Tattoos!

• I don't have any tattoos and don't plan on getting any, but I like them on other people. Yours all sound really cool. 

I don't know anybody that has one (at least not yet), but I think watercolor tattoos are really beautiful. 
  • Two of mine. The rose has my daughter’s name in it and the heart has husband, daughter and my initial. They arare always with me.
  • I don't have any, but I want to get one at some point. I like the symbolism of unfurling ferns so that's been my front runner for about 5 years. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I have had a shamrock on my lower back for 15 years.   

I have no other plans to get one.   I really appreciate how they look but I don't think multiples are for me.  To add to that I married someone who doesn't really care for them.    So if getting more were a huge deal to me I'd tell him where to go but it's not a big enough to me.

• Just the one I had done recently.  I probably won't get any others.  I've had a somewhat difficult healing process and I don't really want to go through it again.  

K has over 20 and plans for multiple more.  I never saw myself with someone who had a lot of tattoos, but they really have lovely artwork.  They've always been finicky about their artist though.

I really liked the last one they got, which was in the "trash polka" style.  Very cool.
    four leaf clover on my neck
    ring of roses on my wrist
    best friend symbol and daisy on my ankle

I have a plan for one more, on my shoulder blade once we pay down some bills.  Fairy tat that Incorporates all the elements and maybe the moon phases. Oddly enough my friend posted about this BRILLIANT tattoo artist and I looked him up and he works 10 minutes away from our condo.

• @downtondiva The water colour tatts are so neat! They're my current fave style as well :)
  • VarunaTT said:
    I have two; stars on my lower hip I got on my 18th Birthday. And script of “where you invest your love, you invest your life” on my ribs

My next one is a math equation I wrote (and solved) as the basis of my dissertation, I just need to find the right artist to do it. 
    K has this in the infinity symbol on their collarbone!
    Love that!
  • @debbeau those are lovely! The rose almost looks like it's popped out with the way the colours/shading was done!

@southernbelle0915 That sounds cool. What made you think of the unfurling ferns?

@banana468 multiple aren't for everyone

@VarunaTT I'm sorry you had such a hard time healing :( I completely get being finicky over artist, you wanna make sure you're getting what you're paying for.
  • @VarunaTT What happened with your tattoo's healing?
  • I've got a bunch and am planning to get more.

I have:

-a half sleeve on my right arm that a nod to the Sailor Jerry style. It includes a ship in the ocean, two swallows, and a mermaid on the inside of my arm. 

- a hot air balloon on my right shoulder blade

- the beginnings of a half sleeve on my left arm that will eventually be all Victorian-type flowers. So far I have lilacs and the top and I just got a bunch more flowers added last week. Eventually it will go down to my elbow and cover up a tattoo that I when I was 25 that says "love is enough" that you can barely read any longer

- two lines from an Emily Dickinson poem on my left rib cage

- three stars on my hip that I got when I turned 19 that desperately need to be redone or covered up.

I'll finish up my left half sleeve and eventually get one small tattoo for my dog but after that I'm probably done for a while. 
  • @CharmedPam omg your Fairy idea sounds so neat! I'm excited to see it when you finish :)

@kimmiinthemitten yay for ironic timing lol

@cupcait927 my stars need retouching also .... what is it with stars? Lol
  • I have one - a very small kool aid man on my ankle that I got when I was 19.

I had a consultation to have it removed but I'm really concerned about the pain since my pain tolerance is like, zero.

I'm going to go with H on Sunday to see if his artist can find a way to cover it with my dog's paw print. Her whole paw is big enough to cover it, but not just the middle part, ya know? So IDK if there's much we can do since it's red and black.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @VarunaTT What happened with your tattoo's healing?
    I really struggle with allergies (I take a Zyrtec every day of my life) and so I scratch all the time.  I tried to put it in a place that wouldn't have too many scratching problems, but itching was still an issue.  It also ended up scabbing/peeling a few times over, which itched more.  It's finally calming down so it's not so raised or itchy.  I've been diligent with putting A&D cream and lotion on it, I think it's just my skin's character.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I don’t have any but I’ve always toyed with the Mets’ ‘NY’ symbol...maybe on my lower leg?  H is mulling over a tattoo with our kids’ names (it’d be his fifth) but hasnt decided on design/placement. I always love the story behind a tattoo.
  • eileenrob said:
    I don’t have any but I’ve always toyed with the Mets’ ‘NY’ symbol...maybe on my lower leg?  H is mulling over a tattoo with our kids’ names (it’d be his fifth) but hasnt decided on design/placement. I always love the story behind a tattoo.
    Your post reminded me that I've been thinking about a possible Yankees tattoo. Something small but I have no idea where I would want it placed. 
  • I have a bunch and my list just keeps growing. Sadly my artist is moving across the country in September so I booked one last appointment with her for next month that I'm stoked about.

I've got (in order of age)

-the NYC skyline (it's awful, blown out, the artist didn't listen to me and I was too meek to stand up for myself and what I wanted, but thankfully it's on my hip so it's 100% covered 98% of the time, and the other 2% only myself and/or my husband can see it, so it's not all bad. Plus my high school bff has the same tattoo on his hip as well)

-the poison apple from Snow White

-Tali from Mass Effect (with my cat, also named Tali)

-a nail polish bottle in a heart frame (maybe my favorite)

-a ladybug (matching with my best friend of 20+ years, we used to have ladybug BFF necklaces in middle school so we got them in the color of our necklaces)

-a [realistic] violet

-a flamingo with goldfish crackers and a banner that says "WHAT'S NEXT?" (my West Wing tribute for my favorite character)

-tiny black and white portraits of my cat and my old family dog
  • @kimmiinthemitten, as a Pride and Prejudice fangirl, let me just say that your new tattoo is AWESOME.
  • @kimmiinthemitten, as a Pride and Prejudice fangirl, let me just say that your new tattoo is AWESOME.
    Thank you!  I've toyed between getting this, "Headstrong, obstinate girl," or "Most ardently" for a while.  I eventually want something in H's handwriting so decided against the quotes:).
  • I don’t have any but have always wanted one. I just can’t think of something that I would want forever. 

In saying that, H and I are big Lego fans. Perhaps two pieces of Lego could work. It would have to be small as I’m a wimp. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten beautiful!!

@sparklepants41 My fave part about tatts is when it's super important to the person, and not always a commonly know thing.