Wedding Woes
Options

No Work Wednesday!!!

It's a happy day because I'm still in my pajamas, drinking coffee, and watching crappy TV.

What's everyone else up to? 

Re: No Work Wednesday!!!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

One kid is gone and the other 2 will be gone shortly.  I'm trying not to be annoyed that MIL and sFIL are only taking the oldest to an Indians game.  The other 2 really don't care, but it just doesn't seem fair that they won't do something with the little ones. 

I'm going for a run, going to the grocery, then getting a haircut and eating dinner by myself.

Tomorrow I'm going to the movies and the outlets.  I still haven't decided on a movie.

Friday run and who knows.  I do need take M2 and 6let for uniform fittings, but that will depend on when they get back to town.  I'm going to puke at that bill.

Woman at work is KILLING me.  If you edit a worksheet so I can update a system how hard is it to highlight or somehow track changes? 

I also had to figure out how much they are spending in snacks- $200/mo.  They eat like my children- fruit snacks, goldfish, popchips, sunchips.

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    crappy TV  <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Not much going on here.   Dog peeps: 
    We have to make new arrangements for our dog to be gated in the kitchen when we sleep.  He's now peeing and pooping on my hardwoord floors at night in one room, which I can't close because it has his food in it (plus, I fear it will just have him relocate a mess somewhere else). At first we thought it was because he didn't want to go out in the rain, but he's doing it now without rain.  Could be an age thing? But he has 24/7 access to go outside to avoid accidents in the house.

Anyway, we have to move the food into the kitchen now too. Another trait he has, is he takes a bunch of food in his mouth, moves it across the room, eats a piece or two and leaves the rest.  It gets annoying because I constantly step on it.  We're trying out this bowl:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPKNRF0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's supposed to slow eating, which isn't really his problem but I hope doing this allows him to focus on one piece at a time and maybe avoid dragging food across the room?  He used to do it because he had competition with another dog and cat- but he doesn't anymore. He's an only child now!

edit: anyway my question is, anyone have a similar problem?  How did you fix it?

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Oh and the kids are all supposed to go to vacation bible school next week. Someone called last week to ask if I’d volunteer and I said no. Got an email that if they don’t get 6 volunteers by this afternoon they’ll have to cancel. I’m still saying no. 

Dh just checked his voicemails and he two messages from a week ago- coaches wanting 6let on their soccer team. 
  • Options
    yeah don't be pressured into that, 6!

Ugh.  I just found out that H's friend (the one who is mean and I don't like) is coming into town.  He wants to hang out with H today.  He said "today" but his flight comes in at 9 and he really means 10:00 at night.  I go to bed then.  I told H if him and his friend can be quiet they can stay up all night playing games if they want, but that doesn't mean I have to stay up too.

I also told him that I get up at 5:50 in the morning to work out, and my TV is really loud so i can hear over the treadmill gears.  He has to be OK with that.  Of course I'll shut the door but he WILL hear the TV.  The guest room is right next to my work out room.  I said I'm not changing my routine because we have guests over.  But in all honesty, if it were my parents (or anyone else) I'd move my workout over to the p.m, nbd......I realize how bitchy that sounds as I write this.....

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    No worries Pam. I’d rather have to deal with my own kids all day than a bunch of other people’s kids. 

10 pm is definitely not day and I wouldn’t change my schedule either. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    No worries Pam. I’d rather have to deal with my own kids all day than a bunch of other people’s kids. 

maybe that's why I'm so annoyed.  He thinks stopping by at 10:00 is ok, and to stay up all night is OK too.  And I get home at 7:00 on Thursday so who knows if I can even muster up energy to work out at that time? 

This is the friend who had the sleeve surgery too and now everyone around him should lose weight because he is. I bet he comments on H's weight too (even though he's dropped around 10 lbs with me just with our eating habit changes alone!).  

• Options
    6fsn said:

maybe that's why I'm so annoyed.  He thinks stopping by at 10:00 is ok, and to stay up all night is OK too.  And I get home at 7:00 on Thursday so who knows if I can even muster up energy to work out at that time? 

This is the friend who had the sleeve surgery too and now everyone around him should lose weight because he is. I bet he comments on H's weight too (even though he's dropped around 10 lbs with me just with our eating habit changes alone!).  
    Also, it's the middle of the work week. It's not like it's Friday night at 10pm and you can sleep in. You have to work and have a routine. And it's not like he came you much time to plan. 
  • Options

@charlotte989875, I wish I had the day off to watch crappy tv.  The ER re-runs on my DVR aren't going to watch themselves, lol.  I saw you mention Grey's Anatomy on another post.  I've never seen that show but, now that I've seen almost all the ER episodes...yes, all 15 seasons worth, lol...I've been thinking about starting on Grey's Anatomy to fill the medical drama void I will soon have.

@CharmedPam, frustrating about the puppers.  Alas, I have no words of wisdom.  I don't think you sound bitchy at all.  Last minute guests fall under the category of "beggars can't be choosers".

I've been feeling really burnt out and just "out of sorts".  I'm frustrated with money, which amps my frustration with my perpetually unemployed H.  I think that's a big part of my meh feelings, but it's possible it's not all of it and I'm just in a feeling down phase.  I'm plotting to take Friday off, which will at least temporarily perk me up.

It's been almost a week since I checked my personal e-mail.  Whoops.  It's my "unimportant" one, but still.  I need to take some time today to get that back to the dull roar it usually is, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@charlotte989875, I wish I had the day off to watch crappy tv.  The ER re-runs on my DVR aren't going to watch themselves, lol.  I saw you mention Grey's Anatomy on another post.  I've never seen that show but, now that I've seen almost all the ER episodes...yes, all 15 seasons worth, lol...I've been thinking about starting on Grey's Anatomy to fill the medical drama void I will soon have.

I wish ER was on Amazon or Netflix (that's all we have) and it's been YEARS since I've an episode. 

I love Grey's. It's terrible and soapy, and I love it. No shame. 
  • Options

@CharmedPam, frustrating about the puppers.  Alas, I have no words of wisdom.  I don't think you sound bitchy at all.  Last minute guests fall under the category of "beggars can't be choosers".

I've been feeling really burnt out and just "out of sorts".  I'm frustrated with money, which amps my frustration with my perpetually unemployed H.  I think that's a big part of my meh feelings, but it's possible it's not all of it and I'm just in a feeling down phase.  I'm plotting to take Friday off, which will at least temporarily perk me up.

It's been almost a week since I checked my personal e-mail.  Whoops.  It's my "unimportant" one, but still.  I need to take some time today to get that back to the dull roar it usually is, lol.

That's totally understandable @short+sassy, I think that is something very normal to go through.  I hope you can at least do something fun on Friday to take your mind off of things?

• Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2018
    Copy editing DH bio for the company website has somehow become reworking everyone's bios  :|

Trying to stay off Twitter and avoid the news because everything is awful.
  • Options
    Copy editing DH bio for the company website has somehow become reworking everyone's bios  :|

Trying to stay off Twitter and avoid the news because everything is awful.
    Yup. 
  • Options

Pam - That may just be a natural instinct, in terms of eating.  Dogs are typically pack animals.  The weaker dogs usually take some food from the shared meal and back away to eat, so they don't get attacked by an alpha.  Olive eats like yours on occasion, since she was a puppy.  But she never leaves some food on the floor.  She always eats it all before she goes back for more.  The peeing/pooping may be due to age.  Can you at least start restricting water at a certain time at night to prevent the peeing?  Give the dog a "last call" before you go to bed as well?  We had to start doing last calls with our old dog Betsey because she couldn't hold her bladder all night.  She was fine until morning, as long as if she went out before we went to bed.  Otherwise, she would wake us up to go to the bathroom.

I just finished my big project for work.  Woo Hoo!  I still have lots of other things to do, but no hard deadlines.

Last night was nice.  Nothing big happened.  Tonight H is going to a graduation after work.  So it will just be me and DD.  We have a wedding to attend on Sunday and I bought a shirt and vest for H to wear.  I just have to pick them up tonight.  I may also go to the used kid's store to find a nice dress for DD.  My great aunt passed, she was 104!  But her funeral is on Saturday, so DD will be going with us.  I don't think I have any nice outfits in her size right now.  So this weekend will encompass the sad and the happy events in our life.

The news, no matter the source, is all sorts of depressing right now.

• Options
    Sorry for your loss, but good on your great aunt for living to 104, @charlotte989875.  You don't hear that every day. 

See, our dog does have access to go out whenever he can.  We have an electronic dog door that only his collar can open.  So it's not a matter of him not being able to go out - just that he wont.  I don't think he's afraid of the animals or stuff at night but maybe that's it? This is a new thing for him and he's always gone out at night before.  Before the accidents happened when it was raining/thundering/lightening out and he was scared.  I don't think it's storms anymore....

• Options
    yeah don't be pressured into that, 6!

Ugh.  I just found out that H's friend (the one who is mean and I don't like) is coming into town.  He wants to hang out with H today.  He said "today" but his flight comes in at 9 and he really means 10:00 at night.  I go to bed then.  I told H if him and his friend can be quiet they can stay up all night playing games if they want, but that doesn't mean I have to stay up too.

I also told him that I get up at 5:50 in the morning to work out, and my TV is really loud so i can hear over the treadmill gears.  He has to be OK with that.  Of course I'll shut the door but he WILL hear the TV.  The guest room is right next to my work out room.  I said I'm not changing my routine because we have guests over.  But in all honesty, if it were my parents (or anyone else) I'd move my workout over to the p.m, nbd......I realize how bitchy that sounds as I write this.....
    Does “hang out” have to mean sleep over? Why can’t your husband just meet his friend at a bar to hang out? Same day overnight house guests are ridiculous 
  • Options
    Trying to get my desk organized and caught up.  Just booked an August weekend trip for K and I that will be fun.  Debating going to StL Pride this weekend.  I'm torn between OMGFUNTHATIDIDN'THAVETODO and sitting on my butt still.  We'll see which one wins.

My bedroom is clean.  Tonight, the bathroom and utility room.  Slowly, I'm taking back charge of my space.  :smile:
  • Options

I wish ER was on Amazon or Netflix (that's all we have) and it's been YEARS since I've an episode. 

I think the ER re-runs are on the POP channel, if you get that one.  They run hours of episodes a day.  Typically in order.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Pam - That may just be a natural instinct, in terms of eating.  Dogs are typically pack animals.  The weaker dogs usually take some food from the shared meal and back away to eat, so they don't get attacked by an alpha.  Olive eats like yours on occasion, since she was a puppy.  But she never leaves some food on the floor.  She always eats it all before she goes back for more.  The peeing/pooping may be due to age.  Can you at least start restricting water at a certain time at night to prevent the peeing?  Give the dog a "last call" before you go to bed as well?  We had to start doing last calls with our old dog Betsey because she couldn't hold her bladder all night.  She was fine until morning, as long as if she went out before we went to bed.  Otherwise, she would wake us up to go to the bathroom.

I just finished my big project for work.  Woo Hoo!  I still have lots of other things to do, but no hard deadlines.

Last night was nice.  Nothing big happened.  Tonight H is going to a graduation after work.  So it will just be me and DD.  We have a wedding to attend on Sunday and I bought a shirt and vest for H to wear.  I just have to pick them up tonight.  I may also go to the used kid's store to find a nice dress for DD.  My great aunt passed, she was 104!  But her funeral is on Saturday, so DD will be going with us.  I don't think I have any nice outfits in her size right now.  So this weekend will encompass the sad and the happy events in our life.

The news, no matter the source, is all sorts of depressing right now.

My H and I were just talking about this the other day and were wondering why!  Usually our dog eats right out of her bowl.  But sometimes she'll take a few nuggets out.  Put them on the floor right in front of her bowl.  And then eat them.  The dog I had growing up always did that.  Thanks for the explanation.  I'll have to pass that info along to him.

Sorry to hear about your great aunt, but wow!  She lived a long life.

@CharmedPam, we were thinking about getting a "smart" dog door like you're talking about with the electronic collar.  We opted not to.  But, in my research, I read a funny story.  The guy had gotten one of those, primarily because he didn't want his indoor cat getting out.  But he kept finding her in the backyard anyway.  So he rigged up a video camera where the pet door was to try and solve the mystery. 

When the dog started heading toward the pet door, the cat would suddenly perk up and go near the dog.  It would then just follow the dog through the door.  But then couldn't get back inside, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I think the ER re-runs are on the POP channel, if you get that one.  They run hours of episodes a day.  Typically in order.
    We don't have cable either :/ 
  • Options
    More or less the same as @charlotte989875 .

I'm dressed, eating brunch, and my TV isn't on (might watch downloads or stream videos later on), and later I'll get a haircut. But not much going on. Still job-hunting.
  • Options
    Just counting down to vacation.  Other than that, SSDD.  Could definitely go for a nap. 
  • Options
    Does “hang out” have to mean sleep over? Why can’t your husband just meet his friend at a bar to hang out? Same day overnight house guests are ridiculous 
    i dunno but he asked if he could stay Thursday too.  We called him up on my lunch and said that we don't know H's work hours and he may have to leave late at night on Thursday....so his friend was like "ok cool, I can rent something on the fly".

short+sassy said:

@CharmedPam, we were thinking about getting a "smart" dog door like you're talking about with the electronic collar.  We opted not to.  But, in my research, I read a funny story.  The guy had gotten one of those, primarily because he didn't want his indoor cat getting out.  But he kept finding her in the backyard anyway.  So he rigged up a video camera where the pet door was to try and solve the mystery. 

When the dog started heading toward the pet door, the cat would suddenly perk up and go near the dog.  It would then just follow the dog through the door.  But then couldn't get back inside, lol.

That is one smart cat.  The door DOES go up if he just walks by it - doesn't even need to go out.  If the cat was even smarter, it would chill around the door and wait for a walk by lift :)

• Options
    @6fsn I have been the VBS coordinator who sends out that email, and I get it - helping out is not how everyone wants to spend their morning.

LOL honestly the one year I did that, I kinda hoped we didn't get the people, because it would be easier to cancel than run the thing with a bare minimum of adult supervision.