Wedding Woes

Tired Thursday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2018 in Wedding Woes
How was your 4th? 

Ours was super low-key.  FIL came and picked up DefConn in the morning.  DH cleaned out the garage while I did laundry and other stuff around the house.  DH's uncle stopped by for about an hour.  I helped DH finish the garage and then we went out to dinner (the kiddo worked). 

When we got home from dinner, we watched Arrival.  Alien movies are not normally my thing, but it was really good.   The story was really interesting.  It also helps that I adore Amy Adams. 

Tonight, we have to do more pick up and packing.  DH's friend from CA is coming to stay with us next week. His son (a year older than the kiddo) lives here.  I thought he was coming earlier this summer and then we never heard anything from him.  I guess next week works out better for him.  Thankfully, we don't really have anything going on.  DH basically told him that he's on his own while we're working and whatever our other normal activities are. 

I'm ready to float around the pond at the farm with a beer in my hand.

Prudie coming up. 

Re: Tired Thursday

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Low key here too, some pool time, ice cream, and playing inside. B actually decided to sleep in a bit and take a longer morning nap so that was nice. 

Work is pretty dead, lots of people off the rest of the week. I have tons to do but my motivation is hard to find right now. Need to power through and enjoy the quiet. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Yesterday was the neighborhood bike parade and picnic.  The kids had a blast then went to a neighbors for a water balloon fight.  There was awkwardness with the neighbor that was a friend, ghosted me, seems to be trying to be friends again, I don't know.  I'm just not sure it's worth it. I'm starting to think I'm just not one of those people that has super close friendships and wants to be with others constantly.

DH is off the rest of the week.  We're going to Kings Island tomorrow.  Still undecided if we'll go tonight and stay over or just do down and back tomorrow.

I've started my vacation lists:)  Two more weeks.  I can't WAIT!!

• 6fsn said:

I've started my vacation lists:)  Two more weeks.  I can't WAIT!!

Where are you going again? 
  • 6fsn6fsn member

@mrsconn23- Atlantic Beach. We haven't been to a beach since 6let was 9 months old.  I'm STOKED.

• We had a nice quiet 4th. Got the house cleaned, lawn mowed. Went to Old Navy and felt like we the place closed down for us; there was no one there! 

Today after work I have a wake for a coworker's dad. He fell off a retaining wall on his riding lawn mower and the mower landed on top of him. How horrible. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2018
    @6fsn- DH's cousin's husband is stationed at MCAS Cherry Point.  They were just down there a couple weeks ago.  It looks like a fantastic place to vacation.  :D  Beach time was just what I needed last week. 
  • OMG SSC, that's awful.   How sad.  :( 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Oh sscc that is awful:(. 

• 6fsn6fsn member

mrsconn23 said:
    @6fsn- DH's cousin's husband is stationed at MCAS Cherry Point.  They were just down there a couple weeks ago.  It looks like a fantastic place to vacation.  :D  Beach time was just what I needed last week. 
    My brother has a condo there and were stopping at his house along the way.  so FREE lodging and a sibling visit makes it even better. 
  • I went on a mission to get drunk on Tuesday night, achieved it, and spent Wednesday sitting on my butt watching TV.  Which was fine, since K has their long day of work that day (they come off at 8 am that morning and go back at 5 pm), so it's not like we were doing anything fun anyway.

I am supremely unmotivated at work all of a sudden.  I don't know if it was the weird week or just the heat here, but I don't want to do anything.

getting ready for Memphis this weekend.
  • SSC, what an awful story! yikes. :(
    @6sfn, that sounds like a fun vaca!
    @mrsconn23, I'll have to watch that movie.  I wanted to see it in theaters, but didnt' get around to it.

Tuesday was great.  We got out at 1:00.  I had a 2:30 doc appt so I did go shopping.  the night before i read that I shouldn't be doing the body fat loss test if you're on your menstrual cycle, and guess who was smack dab into her cycle? This girl.  I did it anyway because yesterday worked so perfect for me knowing I'd get out early.  It's 1/2 hour to the doc.  1 hour appt and then 1/2 hour back to work, so when I go on my "lunch" hour during a regular work week, I'm taking 2 hours for it and I hate that!

Anyway even with that no no the surgeon and nutritionist seemed very impressed with the results.  Phew.  So I'll plan to go to my 1 year follow up when I'm not on my cycle and we'll see how that goes.

Yesterday H and I sat around and watched crazy ex girlfriend (NOT liking Season 3 as much), cooked, and then I realized H was really low on jeans so we went to Big R to find him his carharts, which are becoming more and more hard to find and ended up with only one pair of wranglers instead.  He's not big enough for the "big and tall" section and yet not thin enough for the regular section.  He's like....in between the two sections.  annoying!  But like @shessocold said, the store was empty!

• There was heavy rain in Houston yesterday morning that caused some high water and some fireworks shows in the area. But the weather cleared up enough by late afternoon and the concert at the Miller Outdoor Theatre went ahead, followed by a beautiful fireworks show.

I ended up going to my parents' party, but luckily and unexpectedly, things went fine! No snide comments.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    omg SSC that sounds horrible
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Jen I'm glad you didn't have to endure any crappy comments from family and instead got to enjoy the show 
  • Sorry to bring down the mood. It's just such a horrible freak thing! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @jen4948 very good to hear! Was it because there were other people there? Maybe a full house took her away from those snide comments.

• It was nice but very hot. We played canjam for hours and I got burned. There was a kiddy pool for the doggies, but nothing for the humans lol 
  • Omg SSC that’s awful. 

I’m glad everyone had a good fourth. Ours was good. I messed everyone up with my sangria. Lol. I’m a little irritated with FBIL’s grandparents. They made a huge stink about never being invited to events, they put me in an awkward spot asking if they could bring their dog (who they weren’t planning on bringing to their other BBQ so wtf), I prepared extra food, and they didn’t even show. The rest of us had a good time and it wasn’t too hot out that we couldn’t sit in the shade and enjoy it. Today we all have work off so it’s relaxing and cleaning up on the itinerary. 

• @jen4948 very good to hear! Was it because there were other people there? Maybe a full house took her away from those snide comments.
    That's possible, yes. But I tried to help my parents as much as I could and otherwise keep a low profile. 
  • We had a nice quiet 4th. Got the house cleaned, lawn mowed. Went to Old Navy and felt like we the place closed down for us; there was no one there! 

Today after work I have a wake for a coworker's dad. He fell off a retaining wall on his riding lawn mower and the mower landed on top of him. How horrible. 
    How terrible. I'm very sorry.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Does anyone use the dental benefit from their medical insurance (if it has one)? Our medical plan provides for 2 exams/cleanings per year for dental care with a $30 copay. It doesn't cover anything beyond that so if you had cavities or needed real dental work it isn't covered. But I'm thinking it would be good to use for baby B (19 months) to start having checkups without having to pay $500+ to add him to dental insurance. In a couple years I'd be ok adding him to it but it just seems unnecessarily expensive right now
  • kvruns said:
    Does anyone use the dental benefit from their medical insurance (if it has one)? Our medical plan provides for 2 exams/cleanings per year for dental care with a $30 copay. It doesn't cover anything beyond that so if you had cavities or needed real dental work it isn't covered. But I'm thinking it would be good to use for baby B (19 months) to start having checkups without having to pay $500+ to add him to dental insurance. In a couple years I'd be ok adding him to it but it just seems unnecessarily expensive right now
    I'm pretty sure pediatric dental benefits are included in all ACA medical plans. Is this through your employer? I'd ask for a copy of the SBC and/or certificate to be sure. Or call the number on the back of your card and ask them what is covered for children. 
  • kvruns said:
    I'm pretty sure pediatric dental benefits are included in all ACA medical plans. Is this through your employer? I'd ask for a copy of the SBC and/or certificate to be sure. Or call the number on the back of your card and ask them what is covered for children. 
    I know that for the carriers I work with, pediatric dental is only included on medical plans for small employer groups (under 100). But honestly, I wouldn't add baby B to your dental until he's older. H and I don't even have dental insurance because the most we get is two cleanings per year and maybe some x-rays. It's cheaper to put the money into the HSA instead of paying the premiums.
  • SSC - That's is horrifying and so sad.

Jen - Glad you were able to have a nice time and your mom kept her trap shut!

Pam - You might be able to find DH's size online.  I just ordered H a vest and good dress shirt from DL - they are a big & tall shop.  They had a wide array of sizes in big, but not tall.  H is only 5'10, so doesn't really qualify for tall.  But the clothes I got fit nicely and he liked them.  They had all types of clothes from casual to formal.

Our 4th was nice, until I let my frustrations with DD out at H.  So we had a spat for the remainder of the evening.  We went to his friend's house for a BBQ and pool time, which was good.  Everything went down hill afterwards.  We weren't going to any fireworks shows anyway, since DD would be in bed, but it wasn't the way I wanted the day to end.  We are good now.

Tonight is the Jimmy Buffett show, but I don't have anyone to go with! I love his music and can go with the all day partying to see him, unlike some who go just because its a big party!  So I will be going down to the show a little after 7 by myself.  Hopefully I can park in the same lot as last year to make it easier to get home again. 

Pam - You might be able to find DH's size online.  I just ordered H a vest and good dress shirt from DL - they are a big & tall shop.  They had a wide array of sizes in big, but not tall.  H is only 5'10, so doesn't really qualify for tall.  But the clothes I got fit nicely and he liked them.  They had all types of clothes from casual to formal.

Our 4th was nice, until I let my frustrations with DD out at H.  So we had a spat for the remainder of the evening.  We went to his friend's house for a BBQ and pool time, which was good.  Everything went down hill afterwards.  We weren't going to any fireworks shows anyway, since DD would be in bed, but it wasn't the way I wanted the day to end.  We are good now.

Tonight is the Jimmy Buffett show, but I don't have anyone to go with! I love his music and can go with the all day partying to see him, unlike some who go just because its a big party!  So I will be going down to the show a little after 7 by myself.  Hopefully I can park in the same lot as last year to make it easier to get home again. 

I will be doing this next Friday. :P
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited July 2018
    kvruns said:
    I read the certificate and know it covers the 2 exams/cleanings and it actually applies to all participants, not just kids. I guess I'm just looking for real world experience since it almost feels too good to be true for my situation. 

Pediatric dental is an Essential Health Benefit (EHB) under the ACA. But EHB's are only required for individual and small employer (under 50) plans. While many large group plans also cover EHBs they are not required to, or some will cover some EHBs but not all. 

edit:typo
  • Oh, sorry. 99% of the work I do is in small group so I completely forget that there are different rules.

Sorry!

yeah my next step was online.  I feel like last time we tried to go pant shopping and were unsuccessful we tried online too and nada.  What is DL?

yeah my next step was online.  I feel like last time we tried to go pant shopping and were unsuccessful we tried online too and nada.  What is DL?

I was close, but missing a letter! Its DXL. http://www.destinationxl.com/mens-big-and-tall-store/
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Oh, sorry. 99% of the work I do is in small group so I completely forget that there are different rules.

Sorry!
    no biggie! I just wanted to clarify it for others who might be reading. It is dumb that the rules apply to some plans and not others anyway