Wedding Woes

90-Day Fiance discussions

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• I couldn't read the whole thing because that made my computer crash. Haha. BUT I did read that one kid lives with her father, because she can't take care of her yet? 
  • Yep one is with her dad and one is with the child’s dad (she has 2 kids with 2 different men). Perhaps not being able to support them was a draw to Colty thinking he was rich 

• Kalani and Asuelu -- Kalani was driving me nuts!  She is such a drama-llama, control freak.  I hate that she treats and speaks to Asuelu like he is a child.  Yes, sure, Asuelu made a mistake and took the baby out of the car seat while they were driving.  She should have just nicely corrected him and/or pulled over until the baby was back in the car seat.  It's a .0000000000000001% chance that another car was going to hit them in that less than one minute it took her to pull over.  Yet, she was almost having a nervous breakdown.

While I understand Asuelu being offended by Kalani's brother's "gift", at the same time, wtf was he talking about "slut people"?  Dude, seriously?  You realize you have a f**king baby now because you and Kalani didn't use a condom AND SHOUD HAVE, right?

-------------

Eric and Leida -- I was also surprised that Leida stood up for Eric!  And why was the apartment still filthy the next day when Leida took her family to see it?  Presumably Eric had stayed there the night before.  Why didn't he clean up.  And it sounds like he is the one paying for her family's lodging while they are visiting.  If he's so poor and they're so rich then, why?

-------------

Jonathan and Fernanda -- I really thought Jonathan would be the one I didn't like in this relationship, lol.  But Fernanda's insane jealousy and anger is a huge problem.  She's not mature enough to even be out on her own yet, much less getting married.

-------------

Ashley and Jay -- Watching him getting a hair cut and listening to a bunch of guys disparaging marriage was riveting//sarcasm.

-------------

Now let's talk about the villains in the episode

Colty -- Apparently his "vision" of a proposal was taking her to the top of the Stratosphere.  Never mind that his FI is very afraid of heights.  D**k move, Colty.  Super d**k move.  WTF is wrong with you?  But at least she seemed happy in the end and she actually liked the ring!?!?  I think that's the first time I've ever seen her be pleased with something, lol.

Steven -- Wow.  That was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  I couldn't even believe the way he was talking to her!  Belittling.  Controlling.  I'd love to see how fast he moves after having major surgery, smh.  I was alarmed for Olga. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg I can’t watch Steven it gives me so much anxiety. Run Olga run 
  • Asuelu annoys me. He’s like a 5 year old. I can’t figure out if it is a cultural thing or he’s just super immature. 

But omg on “boohole” while riding the bike. 
  • kvruns said:
    Asuelu annoys me. He’s like a 5 year old. I can’t figure out if it is a cultural thing or he’s just super immature. 

But omg on “boohole” while riding the bike. 

I've wondered the same thing about Asuelu.  Is he so "childlike" because he's unworldly or because he's young anyway (24), along with being on the immature side.  Or a combination of all of that.  I couldn't have made it through one date with him, lol.  But then, that's who Kalani picked and fell in love with.  So why is she so disgusted by his immature ways now.  She irritates me more than he does.  Girl, you picked a guy who grew up on a rural island.  So, instead of nagging and freaking out on him, how about you give him the tools to learn about taking care of a baby.  They can take a parenting class together.  She can give him some books on the subject.

Eric and Leida -- I understand why Leida was upset with Eric's daughter.  But she handled it really badly.  Demanding she move out the same day was ridiculous.  And what's the deal with Eric all of a sudden talking about buying a new house.  He lives in this small, rundown apartment.  But supposedly has the money to buy a house.  A "big one", as he put it.  There is a lot that hasn't made sense with their story and I think that's because TLC has made some of it up.

Jonathan and Fernanda -- Oh look.  Fernanda is crying and upset again.  Yawn.  I thought his mother was perfectly nice to her.  She didn't seem to have a problem at all with Fernanda, the person.  She merely expressed her concerns that they haven't known each other very long or very well to be getting married.  Perfectly valid concerns, to me!

Ashley and Jay -- He's ridiculous for leaving the house at night, without even saying anything to her.  That's weird.  Plus they seem to live in a residential neighborhood and he isn't allowed to have a driver's license yet.  So, where is he going and how is he getting there.  Stealing her car?  I'd be a whole lot more concerned about that.  And she's ridiculous for saying he can only text with his family now that he is engaged.  WTF is that about!?!

Colty and Larissa -- Apparently she took irrational jealousy lessons from Fernanda, lol.  But, overall, it seemed like a happy episode for them.  She found a Brazilian restaurant she liked.  They went venue shopping at a place that looked affordable enough for Colty, but that Larissa still liked.  Except for the pretty event planner, lol.

Olga and Steven -- Steven needs to watch himself on tape and with an open mind.  I want him to SEE himself the way we all do.  That HE'S the one doing all the negative things he is accusing Olga of.  It's just crazy!  How does he not recognize that he is the one always screaming, starting fights, and speaking sharply to her.  While Olga is the one being calm and rational. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love how Larissa acts like Colty is such an amazing catch, a womanizer, mr. flirtacious, etc. I mean I haven't seen anything from him to make him seem that appealing yet, so I keep trying to figure out what exactly makes her so jealous? I doubt he has that many women knocking down his door.
  • kvruns said:
    I love how Larissa acts like Colty is such an amazing catch, a womanizer, mr. flirtacious, etc. I mean I haven't seen anything from him to make him seem that appealing yet, so I keep trying to figure out what exactly makes her so jealous? I doubt he has that many women knocking down his door.

I don't know if you are a Big Bang Theory watcher.  But maybe she is like the Amy character, lol.  Amy finds Sheldon so appealing that she assumes all other women do also.  Even though he is so obviously NOT what most women would consider a catch!

He still gives me a creepy vibe.  And the fact that his mom appears to be financially dependent on him would be all kinds of deal breakers for me!

Years ago, I was almost in a situation like that.  I was dating a guy who was living with his mom while he finished up trade school.  At the time, her and his father were headed for divorce.  She started worrying about what would happen to her home, because she was assuming it would have to be sold.  My b/f started talking about getting a VA loan when he graduated from school to buy his first home and then have his mom move in with him. 

It was an awkward situation for me because we weren't living together.  But we were serious.  Not quite talking about getting engaged yet.  But the subject of getting married someday had come up.  So I didn't feel I had the right to say much; however, I knew I would leave him if he did that.  We were only in our mid 20s!  She would never leave, if he bought a house and she moved in.  It was just a tentative maybe idea, at that point.  I played it cool and waited to see how things panned out.  Just as well, because he and I broke up about 8 months later anyway.  At that time, his mom and dad were still separated, but whatever fervor there had been about a divorce was lulled and neither seemed motivated to change the status quo.  Including no moves to sell the house.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good call on the Amy/Sheldon thing that does sound like it!
  • Steven and Olga - again, Steven's behavior is alarming. I felt so bad for Olga too when she just wanted quiet, and he would not shut the fuck up. 

I can't see what Kalani ever saw in Asuelu. This is the dude you picked to have a baby with!? There's been a lot of behind the scenes drama on reddit, and supposedly Asuelu did cheat on Kalani, and there are FB messages with the girl he cheated with to prove it. Asuelu apparently also was let go from his job because of a physical altercation with a female coworker. ALSO Kalani claims in a FB message to the other girl that Asuelu was physical with her and pushed her against a wall. She then says she's going back to white men, and uses the N word. What a peach. 

I think Jonathan's mom is a jerk. 

How does Eric go from living in a shit hole apartment to look at large houses? What does this shmoe even do for a living? 
  • Steven and Olga - again, Steven's behavior is alarming. I felt so bad for Olga too when she just wanted quiet, and he would not shut the fuck up. 

I can't see what Kalani ever saw in Asuelu. This is the dude you picked to have a baby with!? There's been a lot of behind the scenes drama on reddit, and supposedly Asuelu did cheat on Kalani, and there are FB messages with the girl he cheated with to prove it. Asuelu apparently also was let go from his job because of a physical altercation with a female coworker. ALSO Kalani claims in a FB message to the other girl that Asuelu was physical with her and pushed her against a wall. She then says she's going back to white men, and uses the N word. What a peach. 

I think Jonathan's mom is a jerk. 

How does Eric go from living in a shit hole apartment to look at large houses? What does this shmoe even do for a living? 

Now I know what I am doing for my lunch hour at work, lol.  And here I was thinking that Asuelu was just this happy-go-lucky, sweet (albeit really immature) guy.  But unwarranted physical violence against one, plummets a person's character in my eyes (Asuelu).  AND so do racial slurs (Kalani).  What a horrible couple.

I know C-sections are a routine surgery.  But it is still surgery, ffs.  It's as if Steven has no concept of that.  Unfortunately, that's just scratching the surface on his alarming behavior (sigh).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Leida’s family spent $300K on her wedding and it lasted 2 years. Yikes. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2018
    Steven “why aren’t you thanking me and showing me how awesome I am. Why are you putting the baby before me”. Telling her she has to be the one to fix things with their relationship. 

whaaaaaaaaat?!?! She just had your baby kindly shut the f up. 

🏃🏻‍♀️ Olga 🏃🏻‍♀️

She is BFing. Her job is keeping him alive; Stevens job is to take care of her 
  • Kalani and Asuelu -- If Kalani is this unsure about marrying him, she needs to cut her losses and end things.  While I don't disagree with some of the concerns the sister has, her smug and patronizing attitude is very off-putting.

Eric and Leida -- Holy Smokes!  $300K and 2,000 guests!  You'd need to hire someone full-time to write all the thank-you notes, lol.

Jonathan and Fernanda -- I was surprised she picked the last dress she tried on.  I liked that one the least, though it was still lovely.  I don't know what the mother meant by an "age appropriate" wedding dress.  Such a weird comment.  At least the FMIL showed up and, other than the weird age comment, was trying.

Ashley and Jay -- I hope the scene where they got a bunch of racist comments on their wedding website was made-up for TLC.  But sadly, it might not be.  Especially knowing they were going to be on this show, they should have locked that website down for only their guests to see.

---------------------------

Colty and Larissa -- Whoa!  Apparently I am doing real estate all wrong, lol.  $1650/month for an unfurnished 1-bedroom or $3250/month for a furnished 1-bedroom!?!?  GTFO.  Double the rent.  And an insanely high rent, at that.  Just because there is furniture in the apartment.  Unless those units are really meant more for short-term corporate rentals, that is completely nuts.  A person could buy really nice furniture for a 1-bedroom apartment for what just a few months of the extra rent would be.

Larissa really needs to stand her ground on this.  Sorry that Colt and his mom think it's normal for them to be living together his whole, adult life.  But it isn't.  I'm also calling b.s. that this was an actual apartment they were considering.  Colt is way too cheap to go that high-end on an apartment, lol.  I'm hardly an expert on Las Vegas real estate, but it's a MCOL city.  Rents aren't anywhere near that high, unless you're talking about a really upscale place in an upscale neighborhood.

----------------------------

Steven and Olga -- OMG.  That guy.  Yeah, dude, yeah.  She is just sitting around all day, feeding the baby.  Because that's exactly what she is supposed to be doing.  And, since you seem to keep forgetting, she's also still recovering from surgery.  Furthermore, you're on vacation and not even working.  Is picking up groceries and keeping a tiny apartment clean really so onerous and time-consuming for you?  Do you really need a frickin' medal for that, smh?

My snark that I know is just preaching to the choir: Steven, I do have a tip for you.  Although Russian characters for words are different than they are for English, numbers look and work exactly the same (head tilt).   Watch again!  In English, 1470 looks like 1470.  But in Russian?  It looks like 1470.  Do you see the bills in your hand that have a 1,000 on them?  Give the nice lady two of those and she'll give you some change.  In English, the change will look like 530.  But, in Russian, the change will look like 530.  Stay in school, buddy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOL yea the money thing was weird. Like you would know how much things were if you're going to be paying. at least a general idea
  • Eric and Leida -- I keep trying to see her in the light of "cultural differences I may not understand".  But her complete and utter disregard for his relationship with his children, even his 11-year-old daughter and the need to pay child support for her, has finally put me over the edge.  Her insistence that she and her son (not his son) always come first and be his top priority was really over the top.

Ashley and Jay -- So now, after their guests have made plans and her BMs have bought expensive dresses, they're cancelling their wedding to get married in Vegas.  And not inviting anyone.  I'm calling b.s. the reason was because of "threats".  I think they decided "pfft".  It's easier and cheaper to just get married in Vegas without any guests.  Screw everyone (again) who made plans to be here for our wedding.

Colty and Larissa -- Colt proves himself to be a major jerk, yet again.  His cousin is screaming at his FI and calling her a bitch!!!  Completely outrageous.  But Colt just sits there and says nothing.  Wow.  And then more blames Larissa for the altercation.  I realize she fueled the flames.  But Colt's cousin was the one who started it and was being extremely rude to her.

Steven and Olga -- It's like, just when I think Steven can't get any worse, smh.  It's bad enough he is such a selfish jerk to Olga.  Now he wants to completely jeopardize his son's health by taking him away from the mother who is nursing him.  And put him on an international flight at only 6 weeks old.  All for his own, 100% completely selfish reasons.  Not to mention, I don't know what fantasy land he is living in thinking he can take his son, if Olga doesn't want him to.  He needs to play nice...and fast...or she won't come to the U.S. and would never send her son there for a visit either.  I wouldn't.  I'd be fearful the father would kidnap him.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2018
    Leida is driving me crazy I agree. The thing I don't get, if she came from money shouldn't she also have some money to contribute to bills/furniture/whatever. Obviously she just wants to be taken care of, and I'm guessing she has access to money while she is here that she is just not choosing to share with him (or perhaps for the show). 

Larissa wedding dress shopping. The usual let's try on a dress more than 2x the budget.  OMG Debbie saying "let's use the $$ for your green card to buy the more expensive dress instead".  
  • kvruns said:
    Leida is driving me crazy I agree. The thing I don't get, if she came from money shouldn't she also have some money to contribute to bills/furniture/whatever. Obviously she just wants to be taken care of, and I'm guessing she has access to money while she is here that she is just not choosing to share with him (or perhaps for the show). 

Larissa wedding dress shopping. The usual let's try on a dress more than 2x the budget.  OMG Debbie saying "let's use the $$ for your green card to buy the more expensive dress instead".  

The couple times it has "sort of" come up, Eric gives a lame statement that he won't accept money from her parents because he is determined to provide for Leida and her son.  If I were Leida, I'd respond with, "Great, sounds good.  But, while I'm waiting for you to provide for me and my son, I'm having my parents send me money so I can buy a normal Queen sized mattress."

I don't particularly like her and I think she is snobby and entitled.  But it also seems a bit ridiculous...and uncomfortable shades of patriarchal for my taste...that he refuses to let her or her parents pay for anything.  However, I also agree, it all might just be for the show to keep up the "story" that she is rich and he is poor.

I had just finished reading up on Soap Dirt about 90DF, when I came back to WW and saw your post, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do understand the not sending them money but i can't imagine she wouldn't come with something - cash, savings/checking account she can access, etc. 
  • Leida is the worst.  I can recognize that she has some legit gripes about their living situation (sharing a room with her son where he has the mattress and they have a twin box spring with a mattress pad on top), so much of what she says is awful.  How can she, as a mom, tell Eric that he should give up his rights to his daughter and not support her?  That shows just how selfish and unreasonable she is.  

• Ro041 said:
    Leida is the worst.  I can recognize that she has some legit gripes about their living situation (sharing a room with her son where he has the mattress and they have a twin box spring with a mattress pad on top), so much of what she says is awful.  How can she, as a mom, tell Eric that he should give up his rights to his daughter and not support her?  That shows just how selfish and unreasonable she is.  
    agreed! And his older daughter that lives there might be a handful but it is still a terrible way to treat her. When Eric told his daughter "get your s#it and get out" that's like wow, this is continuing to tear this family apart.

I did have to laugh a bit though because there is a futon in Tasha's room - isn't that full or queen size? So that should be an improvement over their shared twin bed!
  • Watching Eric treat his daughter like that broke my heart. How are they being so horrible to?  AND she's on the lease. AND Leida was behaving this way in front of her child, and I'm assuming Eric's youngest daughter. 

Steven and Olga - troubling to watch. Steven is the worst. 

I think Larissa posted something on IG today about Debbie ruining her marriage. 
  • I don't understand why Colty just sat there and didn't intervene to keep the the argument from escalating.  I also think Colty said "irregardless" which...ewww

• Kalani and Asuelu -- WTF is wrong with these idiots?!?!  She's frickin crying her eyes out because she's pregnant again.  Yet admits they didn't use any kind of protection.  What exactly did they think was going to happen?!?!  You know, just like it did 1.5 years ago when she got pregnant with their first child.  And then she kept acting like it was all Asuelu's fault.  Even using the phrase "he got me pregnant".  I just can't with people like that.

Eric and Leida -- Leida meeting with Eric's ex was just TLC "drama filler", lol.

Jonathan and Fernanda -- Fernanda seems to be a "fan favorite", but I find her ridiculous and exhausting.  I don't know how anyone could put up with her histrionics.  I couldn't believe she was so upset and getting so mad at him because he went out for a drink with one of his friends.  For less than an hour!  It also sounds like he told her, ahead of time, those were his plans.

Ashley and Jay -- What happened to their wedding?  Why didn't we get to see it?  Rip-off, lol!

Colt and Larissa -- More Larissa histrionics.  Followed by nauseating lovey-doveyness.  I suspect it was a classic TLC set-up.  With those poor friends just along for the ride, lol.  I liked the wife who kept trying to smooth over the awkwardness.

Steven and Olga -- An "interesting perspective" that Steven feels it is better to pull an infant from his nursing mother so the child "doesn't grow up without a father".  I just can't stand that selfish jerk.

-------------------

Tell-All

I was so nice to see Molly confident and self-assured, despite the Louise (sp?) fiasco and divorce.

Jesse? -- Why?  WHY, TLC?!?  He is so long past relevant to the series.  It was completely hilarious how he kept trying to turn it into the "The Jesse Show".  So much self-promoting.  Gag.  He was so busy talking about whatever he wanted to talk about that he wasn't even paying attention to what the host was asking him.  Enjoy your "deluxe apartment in the sky" on the West Side, Jesse, lmao.  (The tv show song phrase was what ran through my head when he mentioned his new West Side place, not a phrasing he used)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel asleep during the aftershow. Did Molly talk about Luis getting remarried? 

Kalani - I really can't with her. She blames everything on Asuelu. But also, condoms are for slut people, which she reminds us and rolls her eyes. Why the fuck are you with someone like this then, and continuing to have unprotected sex with him!? 

Steven is a monster. As is Leida. These people are terrible, and I have no idea why I'm still watching this. 
  • Ro041 said:

Thanks, lol.  I could "hear" how it was pronounced.  But neither Louis or Louise looked right at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel asleep during the aftershow. Did Molly talk about Luis getting remarried? 

Kalani - I really can't with her. She blames everything on Asuelu. But also, condoms are for slut people, which she reminds us and rolls her eyes. Why the fuck are you with someone like this then, and continuing to have unprotected sex with him!? 

Steven is a monster. As is Leida. These people are terrible, and I have no idea why I'm still watching this. 

Only briefly.  She said she'd heard he'd gotten married and thought his new wife was expecting; however, she talked about it like she'd heard rumors, but wasn't sure how much of it was true.  She also said she'd heard his new wife was someone he'd known for many years.

The hostess asked if she thought Luis had just been using her to get in the U.S. and had been carrying on with this woman, all along.

I have to give Molly credit.  She stayed calm, rational, and wasn't flustered at all talking about it.  She could have used that as an opportunity to tear Luis a new one.  But she didn't.  She said she didn't think so.  That she sure hoped that wasn't true and it wasn't her impression, but it was possible and she really couldn't say for sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG!  I am spending my lunch hour reading up on 90DF on Soap Dish.

Apparently Olga's parents killed her older sister (25) in a ritualistic murder, when Olga was only 13.  Olga was the one who called the police and hid in a closet with her 1 and 3-year-old niece and nephew.  Warning: the murder was torturous and graphic.

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-horror-story-olga-grandparents-brutally-murdered-her-mother-left-her-an-orphan/

(The link says it was her grandparents who murdered her mother, but the article talks about it being her parents who murdered her older sister)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Luis remarried?? I hadn't heard that

OMG S+S that's terrible. Poor Olga