DIY Wedding Forum

Crochet bouquet

I need some advice on this diy venture. I want to crochet my bouquet for my wedding but I am not sure if that means I then have to crochet the bridesmaids bouquets and all of the boutonnières and corsages as well? Or would it still look great if I am the only one carrying crocheted flowers? Thoughts?

Re: Crochet bouquet

• Alene236 said:
    I need some advice on this diy venture. I want to crochet my bouquet for my wedding but I am not sure if that means I then have to crochet the bridesmaids bouquets and all of the boutonnières and corsages as well? Or would it still look great if I am the only one carrying crocheted flowers? Thoughts?
    Can you post pictures of what you are thinking? 

Without being able to picture it, I think it would look strange for the bridesmaids to have real flowers and you have crocheted. 
  • Alene236Alene236 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2018
    https://pin.it/ngyqfdusizyn5t This is something similar to what I am looking to do but in deep jewel tones. I guess my next question is do I do just me and the bridesmaids or do I crochet all of the flowers held/worn in the ceremony?
  • That's amazing! I think it's fine to just do yours. The bride's bouquet is supposed to be different. As long as the bridesmaids' flowers match the tones in your bouquet, I think it will look really cool. 
  • It's fine to do just yours and hire the rest out.  It would however be nice if you can make even an embellishment to tie into yours the crocheted theme, but you certainly do not need to do ALL of the bouquets/bouts..