Honeymoon Discussions

Pack Up & Go??

Has anyone ever heard of/tried this service "Pack Up & Go"? 

You fill out a questionnaire, tell them your budget, and they plan a 3-day vaca for you....but you don't know what it is until the day you're leaving! :)

I really like this idea for the honeymoon. FI and I are pretty avid travelers, so we go on trips all the time. We've already done some "big ones" like Paris, NYC, Boston, etc, and while I wouldn't want to go overboard, it would be tough not to compare the trips and try to make the honeymoon more "special". Also, the idea of having to plan a honeymoon AFTER planning the wedding makes me a little queasy  :D #perfectionist

Let me know your thoughts! 

https://www.packupgo.com/how-it-works/

Re: Pack Up & Go??

• Has anyone ever heard of/tried this service "Pack Up & Go"? 

You fill out a questionnaire, tell them your budget, and they plan a 3-day vaca for you....but you don't know what it is until the day you're leaving! :)

I really like this idea for the honeymoon. FI and I are pretty avid travelers, so we go on trips all the time. We've already done some "big ones" like Paris, NYC, Boston, etc, and while I wouldn't want to go overboard, it would be tough not to compare the trips and try to make the honeymoon more "special". Also, the idea of having to plan a honeymoon AFTER planning the wedding makes me a little queasy  :D #perfectionist

Let me know your thoughts! 

https://www.packupgo.com/how-it-works/

I'm such a planner that I would truly hate this. 

Our honeymoon was not hard to plan. We decided we wanted to go to Florence. I booked an apartment on Airbnb, booked our plane tickets, and booked a rental car. Done. 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    It seems cool but I wouldn’t want to do it for my HM. Our honeymoon we just got a travel agent, gave her our budget, and she gave us three options. It was so pain free. Highly recommend the TA route. 
  • @climbingwife - I’m 100% a planner and perfectionist to a T. So much so that I am absolutely consumed with the wedding (can’t think about ANYTHING else) and it’s not until June of 2020. I LOVE the idea that I would be able to just GO.
  • @MRDCle - don’t you pay a high premium for a TA, though? I figure, if I was going to know where I was going, I’d be frantically trying to find better prices for things and go control-crazy. 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @MRDCle - don’t you pay a high premium for a TA, though? I figure, if I was going to know where I was going, I’d be frantically trying to find better prices for things and go control-crazy. 
    No that’s the best part - the traveler doesn’t pay them. The resorts do. 
  • @MRDCle - REEEEEALLY?! What if you don’t go to a resort? They plan a whole trip for you?? (I have zero experience with TA’s, obviously)
  • I'm very type A about planning and this would not be the route I would choose for my honeymoon. It may be better to try it out for a non-important weekend and then see.
  • Also, reading a bit more, you don't get the airline points or hotel loyalty rewards. Very important to some people, may not be to others.
  • @climbingwife - I’m 100% a planner and perfectionist to a T. So much so that I am absolutely consumed with the wedding (can’t think about ANYTHING else) and it’s not until June of 2020. I LOVE the idea that I would be able to just GO.
    Ok, so some words of advice. Your wedding is 2 years away. There's no need to be so consumed right now, and if you are, you'll feel burnt out by the time the wedding actually rolls around. Chill out! Book what you can in advance, and then take a break. 

• Fantastic advice, @thisismynickname2 :) Thanks! 
  • And again on a quick delete... odd. 

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    And again on a quick delete... odd. 

Weird - the OP is showing for me?
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    MRDCle said:

She was very "put out" on another thread when it was explained that offering a cash bar was not the best choice.   "But......if they love me.......it's accepted in our area........everyone's OK with it........" 

• These newbies can't hang. 
  • MobKaz said:
    MRDCle said:

She was very "put out" on another thread when it was explained that offering a cash bar was not the best choice.   "But......if they love me.......it's accepted in our area........everyone's OK with it........" 

And what's interesting is that I LIVE in that relative area.   And I can tell you that you're in your own echo chamber if you think everyone believes that they're accepted.