Attire & Accessories Forum

steamer

hi everyone
any person have use to a steamer?
if anybody have an idea about it so please help me i need it.

Re: steamer

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    hi everyone
    any person have use to a steamer?
    if anybody have an idea about it so please help me i need it.
    I’ve used a steamer - what’s your question?
  • I agree - what is the specific question...  I've steamed, pressed, etc. formals for my own wear and there's an art/science to it...  And in some cases, well worth the $100-150 for the local dry cleaner to do for me...  
  • If you're talking about a wedding dress, I'd lean toward having a dry cleaner or other fabric professional take care of steaming it.  Check reviews thoroughly!

I ordered my wedding dress from overseas and got it super, super wrinkled.  It was made of silk, but had a slightly shiny satin sheen.  The dry cleaner I took it to said they had trouble getting everything smooth, even with all of their professional equipment.  With that said, they did a great job and it came out beautifully.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well since op hasn’t come back; does anyone have a garment steamer they like? I’m looking for one mainly for work clothes so I don’t have to iron them. 
  • Well since op hasn’t come back; does anyone have a garment steamer they like? I’m looking for one mainly for work clothes so I don’t have to iron them. 
    I have THIS one and it's worked pretty well over the past few years. I had to throw my old one out because it was inconsistent and would splash water onto the clothes, making little water stains. I haven't had that problem with this one. It heats up decently fast, and while it is kind of on the bigger side for a handheld, I have brought it with me on trips. I also use a giant suitcase because I am indecisive with packing, so take that part with a grain of salt. I like that it's handheld though because we have a small house and we don't have room for the bigger stand up ones with a base.