Knottie Tech Help

Wedding Websites from Alternative Web Builders

jpandscjpandsc member
First Comment Name Dropper
edited August 2018 in Knottie Tech Help
Hello everyone!

Does anyone know whether theknot.com will be looking at the possibility of their site, guest list functions etc. becoming compatible with other web builders?

Before I found out about theknot.com, I already created and paid for a wedding website for my fiance and I with Wix, and now I want to link the guest list function from theknot.com to Wix, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do so or vice versa from Wix back to theknot.com. This is really frustrating because I'd really love to give people the option to RSVP online because we are having two weddings - one in Canada and one in Australia so you can imagine, guest lists are complicated!

Has anyone else experienced this or have any solutions for me? I'd super appreciate it. Thanks!!

Sally

Re: Wedding Websites from Alternative Web Builders

• Update: I did find a way to create a link to share the address collection for our guest list! So that's great news!

It would still be great to connect our website though so if anyone has ideas/news on that, please still respond and let me know. Thanks!
  • jpandsc said:
    Hello everyone!

Does anyone know whether theknot.com will be looking at the possibility of their site, guest list functions etc. becoming compatible with other web builders?

Before I found out about theknot.com, I already created and paid for a wedding website for my fiance and I with Wix, and now I want to link the guest list function from theknot.com to Wix, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do so or vice versa from Wix back to theknot.com. This is really frustrating because I'd really love to give people the option to RSVP online because we are having two weddings - one in Canada and one in Australia so you can imagine, guest lists are complicated!

Has anyone else experienced this or have any solutions for me? I'd super appreciate it. Thanks!!

Sally

I don't know anything about linking.

Just curious, which is your real wedding - Canada or Australia? Whatever is not the actually legally binding ceremony should be rebranded as a meet the newlyweds. I get that not everyone can travel and that if there is a whole chunk of people that cannot be present that it is nice to celebrate together but I wouldn't want to attend something that false advertising.

• Thanks for your feedback @ernursej. We aren't marketing it as a formal wedding; everyone invited knows it is the local celebration following the formal wedding abroad so I don't think anyone will see it as false advertising but I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!