Wedding Etiquette Forum

Post Elopement party end time

hi, my fiance and i are getting married in Bahamas, just the 2 of us. No family/friends. About 2 weeks after we get back, we are having a celebration type party to celebrate with family and friends. Since we are on a budget we don't want the party to go on too late and rack up expenses. Is it acceptable to put an end time on the invite since it's not an actual wedding, just a party? 

Re: Post Elopement party end time

• Where is this party going to be? If it's at a venue (restaurant, banquet hall, etc), let the staff know when you want things to end and they'll subtly wrap things up (turn on the lights, clean up table, etc). If someone asks how long they should expect the party to last, like if they need to hire a sitter or something, you can let them know.

But also, make sure your party doesn't have anything that smacks of a wedding. No vow renewals, first dance, wedding party...you get the idea. Make sure everyone who's invited knows that you'll already be married. And since your wedding will have no guests, that rules out any pre-wedding parties like showers or bachelorettes.
  • hi thanks. the party will be at a neighborhood club house. And i'm planning on mentioning on the invitation, that we were already married and the date we were married.