Wedding Woes

Monday

How was the weekend?

It was pretty low-key for us.  Friday we got some beer and Papa Murphy's.  FIL ended up coming by with his dog (kind of unannounced...he mentioned he might need us to watch her this weekend, but never confirmed it and then just showed up without texting for calling).  We did a budget overhaul and then watched TV. 

Saturday, we went to my sister's and spent time with my grandparents.  We got a meet the new puppy and I had so much fun with my little nephew.  He's almost 3 and a barrel of laughs.  My mom was feeling pretty pooey (last week was a treatment week).  She gets scans tomorrow, so fingers crossed for good news. 

Sunday, the dog had us up at 8am.  So I got my butt in gear and went to the store early (before the church crowds showed up).  We also made a quick trip to Trader Joe's for some staples.  The rest of the day was doing light housework and hanging with DefConn while he played in his little pool (which yesterday was it's last day...it bit the dust.  It was a good 2.5 year run on a $20 pool :) ).  FIL picked up his dog and had dinner with us.  DH's uncle is improving, so that's good news.  DH's cousin has decided to move back home for now to help her parents and her BF is coming with her.   I went to bed before 10pm last night.  Sunshine and fresh sheets made for pretty decent sleep.  ;) 

Re: Monday

• edited August 2018
    I tried to catch up on sleep. My first week back was so busy. I even  took work home. Man, how can I win the lotto.
  • We had some friends come in from out of town so that was fun.  Lots beer drinking and laughing!  Just hung at our new house on Friday, went to a ball game on Saturday, and then H and I lounged around and watched tv all afternoon yesterday. 

Today is the first day of Whole 30 and I am determined to stick with it this time.  I'm really excited to get back on track with eating more mindfully.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Fingers crossed for clean scans!!

saturday- a.m. was the farmers market. We had lunch with the mil and still. They drive me nuts because the never listen to me and will just talk over me. 

I got my hair cut too short, but oh well. Soccer season is a butch to get in anyway. I did the unthinkable and asked my hairdresser if she was expecting. She had said a few months ago that she stopped Bc. She’s 20 wks. 

Saturday night was the crew game. So. Much. Fun. Man I hope they stay!!  Precourt bungled the city council meeting horribly. Keep it up
    man. 

Sunday was my family  reunion. It was tons of fun. 
    6let has his first scrimmage. He’s team 2 and they played against team 3. One team 3 mom has repeatedly told anyone who listens that her kid is better than anyone on his team and deserves to be on 2. She keeps saying her kid is the same skill level as 6let. Team 2 tromped on 3 and 6let was a big reason. I want to say something to her, but I’ll keep it here. 

School can’t start soon enough. I’m so sick of supervising my kids and the neighbor kids. Too much togetherness. Open house tonight. School Wednesday and Thursday. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Ohhhh. I got a wedding invitation placed in the mailbox this morning!!  The wedding is Saturday. I’d totally think I was b-listed but the mother of the bride is the most loveable flake on the planet. Like she forgot to pay the electric bill for so long they shut it off. 
  • Weekend was okay. I made it through work. I still have bronchitis and 4 weeks later I’m over it. It looks like Yosemite is opening in time for us to go! I’m so surprised.

Yesterday I went shopping at Costco for food with younger FSIL and FBIL. Since people suck, four people aren’t committing to going which makes it hard for me to prepare and food prep. Preparing for 12 people vs 8 people for six days is a completely different ball game.

FSIL called older FSIL and asked her if she could commit. Older FSIL asked how much it would be, and then when we said it would be $70-120 pp for lunch, dinner, and snacks for 6 days had the nerve to say that was too much and she’d bring her own food. Same thing happened with other FBIL. Apparently I’m just supposed to provide free food to people. I’m going to love it when they realize the only thing they can buy cheaper is sandwiches. Have fun with those for all your meals for six days in a row while we have great hot meals. Plus, we have one bear box. Where tf do they think all of this extra room is going to come from? I’m so annoyed. I hope older FSIL doesn’t go. She is one of the most selfish people I know. She’ll manage to make the whole trip about her and I don’t have it in me to share a tent with her and her obnoxious BF. 

I have a ton to do today but I have to go to clinic for a few hours first. Three days left until vacation! 

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018
    If you find out, @Nolabridesmaid, let me know.  But I think it's Step 1: Buy a lotto ticket.  Not sure though.
    @Casadena, good luck on Whole 30 (edit for spelling)

Weekend was great.  Thursday a friend of mine, his gf and H played trivia at a restaurant/bar.  Got 8/16 so halfway - not bad!  Friday I had off and saw a surgeon for augmentation.  I have a date secured for December 21st! SO freaking excited.
    Saturday we went to my friends place for dinner/bonfire and Sunday drove up to WI for the state fair and Reba. She was fantastic.  As always.

My dress for the upcoming wedding arrived.  I do like it but it's a tad short for my liking, the dress material feels more like a slip, and the back doesn't close the way it's shown.  it's really wide apart.  I have to try this on with a strapless, which I didn't - but I was really happy that the sizing was correct on this page!
    https://www.rotita.com/chiffon-overlay-lace-panel-wine-red-dress-g205013.html

My coworker is coming back from short term disability. She got into a car accident and had spinal/back issues.  She came in last week to have our boss sign that she's been released for part time but also she needs a special chair and standing desk.

My friend who is in HR says it's really her who  has to buy her own special desk/chair.  Is that correct? She did not get hurt on the job.  Wouldn't it be her responsibility or is it the offices'? I'm sure we're buying it for her because, well, princess. 

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited August 2018
    levioosa said:
    Weekend was okay. I made it through work. I still have bronchitis and 4 weeks later I’m over it. It looks like Yosemite is opening in time for us to go! I’m so surprised.

Yesterday I went shopping at Costco for food with younger FSIL and FBIL. Since people suck, four people aren’t committing to going which makes it hard for me to prepare and food prep. Preparing for 12 people vs 8 people for six days is a completely different ball game.

FSIL called older FSIL and asked her if she could commit. Older FSIL asked how much it would be, and then when we said it would be $70-120 pp for lunch, dinner, and snacks for 6 days had the nerve to say that was too much and she’d bring her own food. Same thing happened with other FBIL. Apparently I’m just supposed to provide free food to people. I’m going to love it when they realize the only thing they can buy cheaper is sandwiches. Have fun with those for all your meals for six days in a row while we have great hot meals. Plus, we have one bear box. Where tf do they think all of this extra room is going to come from? I’m so annoyed. I hope older FSIL doesn’t go. She is one of the most selfish people I know. She’ll manage to make the whole trip about her and I don’t have it in me to share a tent with her and her obnoxious BF. 

I have a ton to do today but I have to go to clinic for a few hours first. Three days left until vacation! 
    I'm flabbergasted that she's bringing her own!  what the.....?

@6fsn, phew.  Glad she was expecting.  LOL.  I'm sure the hair looks fab!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    @CharmedPam I was pretty confident. I’ve been seeing her for 6 years and her build was just very different. Plus I knew she’d stopped bc. 
  • Weekend was pretty low key. Caught up on some shows Friday night - H fell asleep early so I was able to watch all my Bravo shows. Saturday I ran some errands, got my nails done and we went out to dinner with friends. Sunday we took the dogs hiking (it finally stopped raining for a few hours) and cleaned. 
  • edited August 2018
    Keeping my fingers crossed for good news for your mom, mrs.conn!

I'm apparently not as lazy as I used to be. My glorious weekend alone watching TV was kinda boring. H comes home today, which is exciting. 

My annoying coworker is back after a 2 week vacation. She already messed up her hours (and wants me to have to take the shit lunch hour because of it). I already hate her again. 

ETF typo.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • OMG I love that shirt KV! it's hilarious. 

• kvruns said:
    He's having a little too much fun making shirts right now - 90s 4eva
    edit: these are all funny shirts he's seen places and recreated with our machine
    That machine is paying for itself! Love 'em!

• I was a slob this weekend.  I did manage to cook at home every day, clean the bathroom, and clean the kitchen, but I was still personally a slob.  Small steps, I guess.  K was out of town again and there was a massive (56K people) festival downtown where I lived this weekend, so I didn't really do too much.
  • Good thoughts for clean scans @mrsconn23. And those shirts are amazing @kvruns!

I am not managing things well. This weekend was tough; H had all day bachelor party things (he’s in the wedding, they had a whole day planned) on Saturday while I went to the house. It was disgusting. As in they didn’t even wipe things down disgusting. My MIL came out to help & my FIL mowed the lawn. Yesterday was more cleaning to make it livable then a whirlwind of packing. 

My my dad is still in the big hospital; he had more chest pains & didn’t want visitors. Had another EKG. He had a stress test this morning and were waiting for the results. 

Im working a full day and we’re moving tonight. I am not coping well. Trying to tell myself today will suck and then it will be over. 
  • Those shirts are great!
  • Hugs @charlotte989875

Good vibes to your family too @mrsconn23

• If you find out, @Nolabridesmaid, let me know.  But I think it's Step 1: Buy a lotto ticket.  Not sure though.

Weekend was great.  Thursday a friend of mine, his gf and H played trivia at a restaurant/bar.  Got 8/16 so halfway - not bad!  Friday I had off and saw a surgeon for augmentation.  I have a date secured for December 21st! SO freaking excited.
    Saturday we went to my friends place for dinner/bonfire and Sunday drove up to WI for the state fair and Reba. She was fantastic.  As always.

My dress for the upcoming wedding arrived.  I do like it but it's a tad short for my liking, the dress material feels more like a slip, and the back doesn't close the way it's shown.  it's really wide apart.  I have to try this on with a strapless, which I didn't - but I was really happy that the sizing was correct on this page!

My coworker is coming back from short term disability. She got into a car accident and had spinal/back issues.  She came in last week to have our boss sign that she's been released for part time but also she needs a special chair and standing desk.

My friend who is in HR says it's really her who  has to buy her own special desk/chair.  Is that correct? She did not get hurt on the job.  Wouldn't it be her responsibility or is it the offices'? I'm sure we're buying it for her because, well, princess. 
    Generally it is the employer’s obligation to pay for a reasonable accommodation. 

https://www1.eeoc.gov/eeoc/publications/ada18.cfm?renderforprint=1
  • levioosa said:
    Hugs @charlotte989875

Good vibes to your family too @mrsconn23
    Thanks levioosa! I hope you all can make it out to Yosemite. And bets on whether older FSIL asks if she can share the food once youre all there?
  • If you find out, @Nolabridesmaid, let me know.  But I think it's Step 1: Buy a lotto ticket.  Not sure though.

Generally it is the employer’s obligation to pay for a reasonable accommodation. 

Yeah my guess is that it would be covered as a reasonable accommodation. And rightly it should. 

But my employer also buys buys standing desks for anyone who wants one so I’m biased. (And I love my standing desk). 
  • Generally it is the employer’s obligation to pay for a reasonable accommodation. 

Interesting, didn't know that.  I'm sure we obliged without even blinking an eye but my friend put that thought in my head since it wasn't a work injury. 

• OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    edited August 2018

Charlotte - Healthy vibes for your dad.  I hope he begins improving soon.

MrsConn - Good thoughts for your mom's scan!

Pam - My doctor gave me a note for a better chair because my back was out of whack.  I had it at my cube in hours flat!  If they already provide the standing desk for those who ask, why would your friend say that?  It's just a chair they would need to provide! (ETA - Got mixed up - I see it's Charlotte's employer who provides standing desks.)

Leviosa - I hope Yosemite works out!  And WTF to those two saying they would bring their own.  I would be prepared to have them still eat your food!

Kvruns - Love those shirts!

Weekend was good but busy!  Bulk meat shopped on Saturday morning and then a couple's shower in the late afternoon.  Sunday was church, some errands, chores around the house. 

So my mom turned 70 and I thought it would be a nice thing to have an updated family portrait with all of us.  It's been crazy trying to organize it.  We found the 1 Sunday were the Eagles don't play football (my brother's requirement!) and everyone else was available.  We are changing it to being in our area instead of at the beach.

I had someone ask me to host a 31 party online.  She is SO CLOSE to being a director with 31.  I don't know why she even asked me.  I leave every 31 group she puts me in AND I never comment on her 31 posts.  Oh, and I hate MLMs and try to never buy anything from them!  I don't need any overpriced bags!  I haven't responded yet because I'm trying to think of a nice way to say "Go pound sand."

• Low key as well - we made a slab of baby back and St. Louis ribs in the instapot yesterday. That thing is becoming my new favorite kitchen item - we got 2 racks cooked in 25 minutes! We also found a butcher we really like - it's amazing how different the cuts of meat taste compared to a chain grocery store. 

We had a movie day as it was too humid outside to go to yoga.
  • @charlotte989875 oh she definitely will. I’m a great cook and we’re having amazing food. Lol. I might be a bitch but she only gets some if we have left overs and only if she coughs up some cash. On the spot. Because she also does not follow through when she says she’ll pay you back.  

• levioosa said:
    @charlotte989875 oh she definitely will. I’m a great cook and we’re having amazing food. Lol. I might be a bitch but she only gets some if we have left overs and only if she coughs up some cash. On the spot. Because she also does not follow through when she says she’ll pay you back.  
    She is totally planning to just eat your food and not pay a dime. I'd send her a list and say we are having x and here is what you need to buy and bring to make it enough for you to eat too, I would then say I only bought enough for us so if you want to join in bring your portions and we will add to ours.
  • levioosa said:
    @charlotte989875 oh she definitely will. I’m a great cook and we’re having amazing food. Lol. I might be a bitch but she only gets some if we have left overs and only if she coughs up some cash. On the spot. Because she also does not follow through when she says she’ll pay you back.  

I am completely astounded that your SIL wouldn't JUMP at the chance to pay $70-$120/pp for 6 days of dinners, lunches, and snacks.  And already prepared and home-cooked, no less. 

Definitely be a bitch!  She and her family get none of it.  They had their chance.  Or they can have leftover remnants at a higher "a la carte" fee.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I mean I do feed my family for 120 for a week total. It doesn’t mean I’d want to on vacation. I’d jump at that offer.