Wedding Woes

Re: This has to be MUD.....right?

• I saw this on Twitter the other day and I want so badly for it to be MUD. I just don't want to accept that anyone is really that ridiculous and selfish.
  • If it's not, I am sure someone associated with the wedding is going to come forward to verify.  Maybe the "terrible" MOH?  What does she have to lose?

• It's gotta be. The $1500 demand and then the backpacking for two months made it too OTT for me. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Update 1 from the person who claimed to share the post originally
    Image may contain text

• Update 2
    Image may contain text

• "We made it clear. If you couldn't help, you weren't invited to our exclusive wedding." 

So why is she mad that people said, no, they wouldn't come? You gave them that option!*

I hope it's MUD. 

*They always have that option of course. 
  • If she's real...and sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if she is...maybe the huge negative backlash and that the Tweet went viral over her outrageousness will have her re-think her actions and priorities.

Or...probably not.

The "bride" talked about in her original Tweet that the (now) ex-FI was the love of her life and blah, blah, blah.  Yet, she destroyed their relationship over this whole wedding fiasco that they were never even remotely able to afford.

I suspect this Tweet hit a nerve with people for the same reason it did for me.  There are way too many people with this inflated sense of entitlement and I, for one, am tired of it.  Work hard and save to buy what you want.  Do not expect other people to pay for those wants.  Period.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's $1000? What's $1500?

Money...it's money, bitch. Money YOU obviously needed to pay for your shit wedding. 
  • WHO HAS FRIENDS THAT CAN THROW THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AROUND?! 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    WHO HAS FRIENDS THAT CAN THROW THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AROUND?! 
    Clearly not this girl.

I'm with you, S&S. This sense of entitlement is contributing to a lifetime of monumental debt that gives people the idea of "welp, never going to pay it off anyway, might as well spend more!". I am so curious and nervous as to what retirement will look like in 20-40 years. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23 said:
    WHO HAS FRIENDS THAT CAN THROW THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AROUND?! 
    Clearly not this girl.

But like...her MOH pledged $5k.  What the fucking what? 

I mean I'm not sure I'd 'pledge' $50 as a MOH, since I'd be paying for a dress, shoes, hair, make-up, possible travel expenses, parties, and gifts.  Every wedding I've ever been in has cost me at least $500 by the time it was all said and done.  

This is definitely fishy.  
  • None of this makes sense at all.   I don't know people who just offer money like that.   So from the start this doesn't pass my smell test AT ALL.   But it was a nice Monday novela. 

Money...it's money, bitch. Money YOU obviously needed to pay for your shit wedding. 

It does beg the question, "And, exactly how many times has this woman given $1500 for a wedding present?"

And let's not forget that $1500 is JUST the wedding present.  These same people would have to fork over even MORE money, just to get to the DW in Aruba.

I'm sure all her guests and family have their own once-in-a-lifetime dreams.  For which $1500 would go nicely towards.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

It does beg the question, "And, exactly how many times has this woman given $1500 for a wedding present?"

And let's not forget that $1500 is JUST the wedding present.  These same people would have to fork over even MORE money, just to get to the DW in Aruba.

I'm sure all her guests and family have their own once-in-a-lifetime dreams.  For which $1500 would go nicely towards.

STUCK 

That's an excellent point. DH and I always give cash - we often travel for weddings and it's easier than lugging a big gift around. The entitlment of this person really got under my skin. I had so many people travel to Ohio for our wedding and we made sure we were accomidating to everyone. We did not want them to open their wallets. 

I just can't. 

• ^^ This is where I am at with this whole thing.  I mean, $15k isn't a small budget.  They could have had a very nice wedding with what they saved on their own. 

• There are so many people who throw amazing weddings for half of $15k!  And I want to know WHERE in Aruba this wedding was supposed to take place?  The Ritz Carlton? 

Even with the follow-up, I think this is MUD. 

• I don't get it. She can have her dream wedding. The eight people stupid enough to fork over $1500 gave her a total of $12K to add to the $15K they saved. So that's $27K for a wedding for 10 people, including the bride and groom, and those eight suckers.

I can throw one hell of a party for 10 people for $27K, minus my commission. Please send the next psychic-inspired, math-challenged internet entitlement queen over to me, and I will see that she gets the dream wedding she deserves.

But, but...what about the doves?  The life-size cake of the bride?  The champagne fountain of Dom Perignon?  The Beluga caviar canapes?*

This is her DREAM, ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME wedding!  Do you really expect her to have it like some...commoner (pearl clutch)?

*The bride's tweet had none of these items mentioned.  I was psychically channeling her "wedding vision".

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If $15K isn't enough, can I have a re-do?? I spent less than $10K for my dream wedding but I didn't realize that my dreams were too small. I also had no idea that I could ask for money from people. The nerve of me trying to pay for it all and not spend more. Yeesh.
  • I don't get it. She can have her dream wedding. The eight people stupid enough to fork over $1500 gave her a total of $12K to add to the $15K they saved. So that's $27K for a wedding for 10 people, including the bride and groom, and those eight suckers.

I can throw one hell of a party for 10 people for $27K, minus my commission. Please send the next psychic-inspired, math-challenged internet entitlement queen over to me, and I will see that she gets the dream wedding she deserves.

But, but...what about the doves?  The life-size cake of the bride?  The champagne fountain of Dom Perignon?  The Beluga caviar canapes?*

This is her DREAM, ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME wedding!  Do you really expect her to have it like some...commoner (pearl clutch)?

*The bride's tweet had none of these items mentioned.  I was psychically channeling her "wedding vision".

You forgot the horse and carriage...oh and the ice sculptures. 
  • I read this yesterday and immediately thought about the knot and our comments :)  Thanks for not letting me down.

• Ro041 said:
    ^^ This is where I am at with this whole thing.  I mean, $15k isn't a small budget.  They could have had a very nice wedding with what they saved on their own. 
    We had a top shelf open bar for under that.  It can be done.

• Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018
    ernursej said:
    If $15K isn't enough, can I have a re-do?? I spent less than $10K for my dream wedding but I didn't realize that my dreams were too small. I also had no idea that I could ask for money from people. The nerve of me trying to pay for it all and not spend more. Yeesh.
    I only spent slightly more than 15k and we had a fabulous wedding! I guess we should have charged everyone a ridiculous entrance fee so we could have had a better party!

ETA I tried posting this link from my computer the other day, but got stuck in approval hell, but I can comment on stuff from mobile. WTF??
    ~*~*~*~*~