Wedding Woes
Options

It's Already Wednesday!

What's shakin'?

Our biggest loser challenge finally ended at work – it was 5 months! I lost inches, which is all that matters to me.

I have a 1/2 day today as I have an appointment with the ophthalmologist to check on my eye and I work my PT job tonight.

DH bought some salmon on Monday, so I’m excited to see what he’s going to have ready for me when I get home!

Re: It's Already Wednesday!

• Options
    Another day, another...quarter!

I'm losing my shit with my coworker. She's started tapping her nails on something metal so it's SO MUCH FUCKING LOUDER than when she taps on her desk. I'm hoping to quit this job in the spring but I don't know if I can make it until then. I literally had ten minutes of work today. And the rest is spent trying not to shop on amazon, trying not to strangle my neighbor and hoping someone posts on TK. I hate to be dramatic but it's fucking excruciating. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Great minds think alike!  I'll delete my Wed. post.

I should have called in sick.  I woke up with a bit of a headache but, not too bad, so I came in to work.  I shouldn't have bothered, lol.  We can't use our network.  The rumor is at least until lunch.  Then, there was a fire alarm at about 9:30 and we all had to evacuate the building.  So, I wish I'd just taken the day off and called in sick, lol.

I'm still fighting with BofA over wrong information they gave me.  Their customer service is a NIGHTMARE to get on the phone.  The only other option is to contact them through Facebook.  Facebook?!?!  I f**king, kid you not.  Nope, can't e-mail them.  Have to message them through FB.  Beyond ridiculous.

Dinner at K-Paul's was fabulous last night!  So far, we'd been disappointed with the restaurant month specials we'd had at two other restaurants.  But K-Paul's did not disappoint.  Now I'm going to make everyone hungry, lol.  I had turtle soup for my appetizer.  It was good, not great.  I've had better.  But my entree was divine.  I had a blackened, stuffed pork shank with a Marchand da Vin sauce.  The pork shank was stuffed with five cheeses.  For dessert, I had a sweet potato pecan pie with Chantilly cream.  It was interesting.  The pie filling tasted like a Thanksgiving sweet potato pie (similar to pumpkin pie), but the top layer was just like the top layer of a pecan pie.  I'm not sure I've had Chantilly cream before.  Apparently, it is made with two liqueors.  It was very boozy tasting, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm losing my shit with my coworker. She's started tapping her nails on something metal so it's SO MUCH FUCKING LOUDER than when she taps on her desk. I'm hoping to quit this job in the spring but I don't know if I can make it until then. I literally had ten minutes of work today. And the rest is spent trying not to shop on amazon, trying not to strangle my neighbor and hoping someone posts on TK. I hate to be dramatic but it's fucking excruciating. 

I'll distract you (and myself, lol) with some questions :).

1. How did things go when you and your OOT friends met with your stepdad and his wife, this weekend?
    2. Isn't the plan to move to Montana?  How is that going?  I know Spring was originally the plan, but wasn't there some talk you all might be moving that up because of a job opportunity for your H?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'll distract you (and myself, lol) with some questions :).

1. How did things go when you and your OOT friends met with your stepdad and his wife, this weekend?
    2. Isn't the plan to move to Montana?  How is that going?  I know Spring was originally the plan, but wasn't there some talk you all might be moving that up because of a job opportunity for your H?
    LOL thanks!!

Stepdad didn't bring his wife, thankfully. But he and my sister are the only two who smoke so when they went out for a cigarette, she said he kept talking about her like he wanted my sister to ask where she was.

But he was super cold and standoffish. Like he was the last time I saw him. H and my sister had gone to his birthday party in April and they said he was really nice and genuinely seemed like he wanted to see them and he was "old" Stepdad. He didn't even look at me when he walked in and clearly avoided talking to me. We're not huggers in my family but he hugged everyone else when he left so he hugged us. I told him it was really nice to see him and he was just like "Yep." Okay, then. Message received. 

But the night overall was a good time! There were 10 of us so I was able to easily  avoid him. 

Yes, Montana in the spring is our plan. We thought about trying to accelerate it but we have to sell our house and didn't want to just panic and leave. We've got a couple projects we need to do (we haven't owned it long so we're going to go through the inspection and fix every single thing that wasn't great) before we sell so we'll spend the winter doing that and hopefully list it early spring/late winter. The house for sale down the block from us has reduced its price by $50K so that's concerning. It was stupid overpriced to begin with but they have a MUCH bigger yard than we do and I'm hoping to get almost what they're currently listed at for our house. 

Your dinner last night sounds AWESOME! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Checking in today!  Still busy with work, but wanted to stop and say hello!

Last night was fun with DD.  She was her typical crazy self, but didn't get into trouble while I made dinner for us.  We ate, then went to change into our bathing suits.  I got the splash pad set up, but she immediately started crying!  Together we went in and sat down.  She wasn't having it at all!  Screamed the whole time and was climbing all over me.  There were also mosquitos flocking to her (she must have inherited Hs knack for getting eaten alive - D'oh!).  So we wrapped that activity up after a few minutes!

We went inside and upstairs to change and get ready for bed.  She was walking in the bathroom so I asked her if she wanted a tubby.  She said yes.  So she had her regularly scheduled bath (H was out, so I was going to wait until tonight since one washes her and the other dries her off and puts her to bed).  She loved the tub, but hated the splash pad - go figure!

She was in bed on time and I had a bowl of ice cream!  Yum!

Today, I have to skip yoga.  H has to work late and DD has her 18 month checkup tonight.  So I'm picking her up, we are then going to pizza before the doctor's.  H will most likely meet us there.  Depending on how he feels, he may come with us to the doctor's or go home.

• Options

S&S - that pie sounds amazing and i'm not even a dessert lover. 

I just cannot shake this cold and i'm getting super frustrated.  I'm not sick enough to stay in bed all day, but this headache/sinus pressure/slightly sore throat just will not kick and I don't feel like my normal self.  I'm getting plenty of sleep but I'm dragging and work and have a ton to get done. 

Whole 30 is actually going really well.  A couple times for work I've had to eat out and it's almost impossible to be 100% compliant but other than those times I have not cheated and am definitely noticing less bloating and gross feeling after eating.  Not saying i'll never eat cheese again (omg, can you even imagine?) but I think eating this way in general will be a lot more sustainable that I expected.

Looking forward to the long weekend to get ALL the cleaning and yardwork done before September and October marathon of no free weekends.

• Options
    LOL thanks!!

Stepdad didn't bring his wife, thankfully. But he and my sister are the only two who smoke so when they went out for a cigarette, she said he kept talking about her like he wanted my sister to ask where she was.

But he was super cold and standoffish. Like he was the last time I saw him. H and my sister had gone to his birthday party in April and they said he was really nice and genuinely seemed like he wanted to see them and he was "old" Stepdad. He didn't even look at me when he walked in and clearly avoided talking to me. We're not huggers in my family but he hugged everyone else when he left so he hugged us. I told him it was really nice to see him and he was just like "Yep." Okay, then. Message received. 

But the night overall was a good time! There were 10 of us so I was able to easily  avoid him. 

Yes, Montana in the spring is our plan. We thought about trying to accelerate it but we have to sell our house and didn't want to just panic and leave. We've got a couple projects we need to do (we haven't owned it long so we're going to go through the inspection and fix every single thing that wasn't great) before we sell so we'll spend the winter doing that and hopefully list it early spring/late winter. The house for sale down the block from us has reduced its price by $50K so that's concerning. It was stupid overpriced to begin with but they have a MUCH bigger yard than we do and I'm hoping to get almost what they're currently listed at for our house. 

FWIW, and this might be regional, but I don't think yards matter that much for establishing comps.  I've had a number of appraisals done for various properties and, although the appraisal will include the lot size, the only items listed that have to do with yards are "fences", "decks", "patios", and "porches".  Appraisals are almost entirely based on the condition and square footage of just the house, though the "value" might have more added to it when "perks" are included.  Like having a deck.

Their large yard is definitely a bonus for them and will add appeal, but I don't think it will affect the value of their home that much.  I'd only be worried if that other house was listed for the exact same as yours, at the same time.  But, as long as they sell before you all list your house...and they should, if it is priced correctly now...them selling it faster and for a good price (perhaps because of the great yard) is actually to your all's benefit ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm back!  Barley.  But I am

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! Everything was lovely and great. Only complaint is she had a dollar dance and some sort of shot purchase thing?  Apparently it's "tradition" in Northern PA to do the dollar dance and also buy a shot for a $1 from the bridemaid for them.
    She came around and offered us the tiny shots and then after we accepted she said "so they wish you pay  them $1 for it, but no pressure".

I turned to my H and shook my head.  Nope.  We gave them more than enough in our card.  Wish we knew that before accepting it though.  Also - "tradition" or not, you can say no to doing it....right?

Now Gettysburg was AMAZING.  I had such a good time.  Can't wait to go back! We got in some good tours and even an escape room for the first time.  We were driving back to the airport when we got the text that due to Chicago weather, our flight was canceled.  So we called up the rental and asked what it would cost us to extend it by two hours and drive back.  $230.00.  The other flight we could have gone on was delayed and I had NO idea if that would end up canceled as well so we just paid it and drove all the way home.  Turns out the plane would have eventually got in.  When we got to our personal car, we found out the battery died and had to get a jump ontop of all that! ugh!

• Options
    Not much here. Went to dinner at our new favorite Mexican restaurant last night. They have Mexican street corn as their seasonal appetizer and this girl was in heaven. I love that stuff. @short+sassy your dinner sounds amazing!

I've been trying to get things organized around the house since I have been gone so much this summer. We bought a Breville multicooker this week so I had to find a place to store it in the kitchen. That also required finding a place to move other stuff. We are going to use it tonight to fix rice. We've never had an instant pot or multicooker. I hope we like it. I read all the reviews on Amazon. The Instant Pot instruction manual got really bad marks so we went with the Breville since we've never used one. 

Tomorrow I'm meeting some friends for lunch. Looking forward to that since I haven't seen this group since July. It is our book club group. I missed August since I was in Chicago and will miss September since we will be in Colorado attending a wedding.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

SSDD- work, work out, spend a few hours outside with the kid.  It's hoooooootttttt out there.  We're going to spend the afternoon cutting up flash cards. I figure that's sort of a fitting punishment for cutting his shorts. 

Wednesdays are our extra busy nights.  Basically one parent will take one kid to sports from 5:15-8:30 and the other will take the other 2 kids to sports from 5:15-8:30.  Then we all go to bed.  This is extra special fun since the bus has been beyond late every night.  It's supposed to get here are 4:17 and hasn't been earlier than 4:30 yet.

• Options

Great minds think alike!  I'll delete my Wed. post.

I should have called in sick.  I woke up with a bit of a headache but, not too bad, so I came in to work.  I shouldn't have bothered, lol.  We can't use our network.  The rumor is at least until lunch.  Then, there was a fire alarm at about 9:30 and we all had to evacuate the building.  So, I wish I'd just taken the day off and called in sick, lol.

I'm still fighting with BofA over wrong information they gave me.  Their customer service is a NIGHTMARE to get on the phone.  The only other option is to contact them through Facebook.  Facebook?!?!  I f**king, kid you not.  Nope, can't e-mail them.  Have to message them through FB.  Beyond ridiculous.

Dinner at K-Paul's was fabulous last night!  So far, we'd been disappointed with the restaurant month specials we'd had at two other restaurants.  But K-Paul's did not disappoint.  Now I'm going to make everyone hungry, lol.  I had turtle soup for my appetizer.  It was good, not great.  I've had better.  But my entree was divine.  I had a blackened, stuffed pork shank with a Marchand da Vin sauce.  The pork shank was stuffed with five cheeses.  For dessert, I had a sweet potato pecan pie with Chantilly cream.  It was interesting.  The pie filling tasted like a Thanksgiving sweet potato pie (similar to pumpkin pie), but the top layer was just like the top layer of a pecan pie.  I'm not sure I've had Chantilly cream before.  Apparently, it is made with two liqueors.  It was very boozy tasting, lol.

Huh. Chantilly cream is traditionally just the French name for whipped cream- cream, usually with a drop of vanilla and a little sugar. Don’t expect it to be boozy if you order it somewhere else!
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    The kiddo is off to a terrifically awful start to her school year.
    ANd the Mr. and I are meeting w/ her OT and speech therapist today, to see what's upe.

WHatever I did to my knee/back/etc is NOT done being a PITA.  I"m hurting a LOT
    And I'm all around absurdly grumpy.

But I DID get the kiddo and dog into an obedience class (I'll be going with, obvs), and I may post her (required) apology note on FB, because it's amusing and infuriating, as a parent.
    And I have started a war, also visible on FB, because in 2018, sexism is alove and well and I respond POORLY to being blown off.

no phone sunday sounds amazing :)

• Options
    What's shakin'?

Our biggest loser challenge finally ended at work – it was 5 months! I lost inches, which is all that matters to me.

I have a 1/2 day today as I have an appointment with the ophthalmologist to check on my eye and I work my PT job tonight.

DH bought some salmon on Monday, so I’m excited to see what he’s going to have ready for me when I get home!

You reminded me of a mini challenge my friends and I had three months ago! I had to politely remind them to pay up because I won :)  We were supposed to settle the money when we all saw each other but it never happened.  WTG on the inches lost.  That's the real thing people notice.  It's not like they can look at you and go "did you  lose 7.5 pounds?"

yum to your dinner @short+sassy.  I don't think I ever had that cream either but would try it.  Don't request whipped cream in Ireland.  They don't add sugar.  Everything had less or no sugar.  'murica.

• Options

Huh. Chantilly cream is traditionally just the French name for whipped cream- cream, usually with a drop of vanilla and a little sugar. Don’t expect it to be boozy if you order it somewhere else!

Interesting!  When I mentioned to the server that I liked how the whipped cream was boozy, she told me something like, "Yeah, it's Chantilly cream.  It has orange liqueur and (I forget) liqueur."

She definitely gave the impression THAT is what Chantilly cream is.

I looked it up for fun.  Chantilly cream is a sweetened whipped cream with vanilla flavoring.  It sometimes has liqueur added.  But, indeed, it is not always an ingredient.  It is named after a town in France that is famous for its whipped cream. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOL thanks!!

FWIW, and this might be regional, but I don't think yards matter that much for establishing comps.  I've had a number of appraisals done for various properties and, although the appraisal will include the lot size, the only items listed that have to do with yards are "fences", "decks", "patios", and "porches".  Appraisals are almost entirely based on the condition and square footage of just the house, though the "value" might have more added to it when "perks" are included.  Like having a deck.

Their large yard is definitely a bonus for them and will add appeal, but I don't think it will affect the value of their home that much.  I'd only be worried if that other house was listed for the exact same as yours, at the same time.  But, as long as they sell before you all list your house...and they should, if it is priced correctly now...them selling it faster and for a good price (perhaps because of the great yard) is actually to your all's benefit ;)

Interesting!! Then hopefully we're in good shape because we have a deck, patio and fence! Big Yard Guy only has a patio! LOL Our houses are VERY similar. Same beds, same baths, same square feet, both ranches. But he's got a walkout basement, while we only have half a basement. But ours is more updated so hopefully his sells soon, and for a lot!! 

H called me at work. Which he does a lot, but I always worry that he fell off something or electrocuted himself or something.

He cut his finger and got 6 stitches. The same finger that he cut 10 years ago, didn't go to the ER and ended up with permanent issues because he cit a ligament. He's fine, went back to work, but I'm all nervous and weird. I want him to go home and go to bed. Maybe I should leave work so I can take care of him.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I’m in an extra cranky mood. Our bus has been 15-20 mins late for pick up and drop off every single day. Schools been in session for 2 weeks now. 

Also some fucker is parked in front of a fire hydrant across the street. The woman runs a home daycare and sometimes people park there to pick up/drop off. Her car isn’t even there but this car has been for at least 30 mins. I can’t tell if it’s me being cranky or what. I kinda want to call the sheriff. 

Now it is thundering while I stand at the bus stop. 
  • Options
    Interesting!! Then hopefully we're in good shape because we have a deck, patio and fence! Big Yard Guy only has a patio! LOL Our houses are VERY similar. Same beds, same baths, same square feet, both ranches. But he's got a walkout basement, while we only have half a basement. But ours is more updated so hopefully his sells soon, and for a lot!! 

H called me at work. Which he does a lot, but I always worry that he fell off something or electrocuted himself or something.

He cut his finger and got 6 stitches. The same finger that he cut 10 years ago, didn't go to the ER and ended up with permanent issues because he cit a ligament. He's fine, went back to work, but I'm all nervous and weird. I want him to go home and go to bed. Maybe I should leave work so I can take care of him.

I hope your H continues to feel okay!  I'm assuming he at least saw a medical professional this time, since he got stitches.

I like that you nicknamed him, "Big Yard Guy," lol.  Funny enough, I'm "Big Yard Gal" for my street.  My house and the house behind me are "key" lots.  Which means, way back when, our lots were drawn first because we're in the middle.  And all the other lots were drawn around ours.  The lots for the two perpendicular streets butt up against us.  So if you think of four blocks as making a square.  And draw a column down the middle.  Me and the guy behind me are that middle column.  As such, our yards are a good 2-3x bigger than everybody else's.

FWIW, a large yard had absolutely nothing to do with why I bought the house, lol.  It was just a really nice perk.

Basements don't exist in the areas I've lived in, lol.  But, if I understand correctly, I think basement square footage is included for the house if the basement is finished.  If it isn't a finished basement, then it doesn't.  In fact, I've heard one of the best ways to add equity to a house is to finish out an unfinished basement.  It's one of the few upgrades that will typically more than pay for itself.

More updated goes a LONG way for a typical homebuyer.  A lot of people don't have the time, skills, and/or money to do upgrades or repairs after buying a house.  Especially since those costs can't be rolled into a typical home loan.  And if a buyer has an FHA loan, the house has to practically be in perfect condition.  Though not necessarily updated, lol.  For example, '70s avocado green cabinets and wood paneling are fine.  As long as they are in good condition.  But missing outlet covers can get a house rejected.  Crazy stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I hope your H continues to feel okay!  I'm assuming he at least saw a medical professional this time, since he got stitches.

I like that you nicknamed him, "Big Yard Guy," lol.  Funny enough, I'm "Big Yard Gal" for my street.  My house and the house behind me are "key" lots.  Which means, way back when, our lots were drawn first because we're in the middle.  And all the other lots were drawn around ours.  The lots for the two perpendicular streets butt up against us.  So if you think of four blocks as making a square.  And draw a column down the middle.  Me and the guy behind me are that middle column.  As such, our yards are a good 2-3x bigger than everybody else's.

FWIW, a large yard had absolutely nothing to do with why I bought the house, lol.  It was just a really nice perk.

Basements don't exist in the areas I've lived in, lol.  But, if I understand correctly, I think basement square footage is included for the house if the basement is finished.  If it isn't a finished basement, then it doesn't.  In fact, I've heard one of the best ways to add equity to a house is to finish out an unfinished basement.  It's one of the few upgrades that will typically more than pay for itself.

More updated goes a LONG way for a typical homebuyer.  A lot of people don't have the time, skills, and/or money to do upgrades or repairs after buying a house.  Especially since those costs can't be rolled into a typical home loan.  And if a buyer has an FHA loan, the house has to practically be in perfect condition.  Though not necessarily updated, lol.  For example, '70s avocado green cabinets and wood paneling are fine.  As long as they are in good condition.  But missing outlet covers can get a house rejected.  Crazy stuff.

This may depend on where you live. Where I live, a finished basement isn't considered in the square footage when a house is listed. Of course, it is a benefit for selling over one that isn't finished but it isn't considered livable space. This totally irks me because we have a finished walkout basement that is more than 1/2 above grade (has full windows and exit doors) but isn't listed as livable space for selling purposes! My neighbors (who have a similar basement) refer to our basements as our first floor!  
  • Options
    hang in there. weekend is almost here!
  • Options

This may depend on where you live. Where I live, a finished basement isn't considered in the square footage when a house is listed. Of course, it is a benefit for selling over one that isn't finished but it isn't considered livable space. This totally irks me because we have a finished walkout basement that is more than 1/2 above grade (has full windows and exit doors) but isn't listed as livable space for selling purposes! My neighbors (who have a similar basement) refer to our basements as our first floor!  

This is us exactly.  It's a split level house and the large main family room is technically basement even with full size windows and exits.  Luckily we live in the suburbs where all neighborhoods/subdivisions have 3-4 different house models so at least most people around here are familiar with the layout and rules about sqft listings.