Wedding Etiquette Forum

Should I step down as a bridesmaid?

2»

Re: Should I step down as a bridesmaid?

• banana468 said:
    Most weddings I've been to have both.

I always find the "and make them rent a tux" thing about anything to be a bit funny. I've never been to a wedding where anyone, not even the groom, wore a tux. My husband has been an usher, and he wore pants and shirt he already owned. I realize, of course, there are plenty of weddings where tuxes are purchased, but that's not always the case. I'd even go so far as to say I'd expect tux weddings to be in the minority, although that's mostly guessing on my part. 
    This may be a crowd thing.   Most weddings I've attended the groom and WP were in tuxes.
    Same. 

Although my husband and and his GMs all wanted to buy new suits instead so that’s what we did. 

And now every wedding we fo to with his friends they all are wearing the same suit like it’s their uniform. Makes me giggle every time. 
  • @redoryx, congrats!!!  Hope it was a wonderful day for you and your H.

It's interesting to see so many differences in what people are used to seeing, in regards to ushers.

Most weddings I've gone to haven't had ushers at all.  I've only been to 1-2 where the groomsmen were the ushers.  And then I've been to a few where non-groomsmen were the ushers.  But they were always wearing suits.  They were never in tuxes and weren't dressed like the groomsmen at all.

I think that's messed up to have an usher wear a tux, that he'll probably have to rent, and not be part of the WP.  Suits are a professional look and are just fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker