Wedding Woes

It's Already Wednesday!

2»

Re: It's Already Wednesday!

• Casadena said:
    The people with the annoying registries I posted about a couple weeks ago just MAJORLY B-listed my in-laws. H and I got a save the date over a year ago and the invite a couple months ago - RSVP date was like 10 days ago (with about 40 days to go til the actual wedding). 5 days after the original RSVP date, they got an invite with a new RSVP date written in....for 3 days later. Keep in mind, this is a destination wedding for 95% of the people. So in-laws had 3 days to decided whether to attend a cross country weekday wedding with less than 3 weeks notice. We're going bc we're turning it into a vacation that we wanted to take anyway. But omg, I may not even get them a gift at this point. Other than that, SSDD.

That is super messed up!  I hope they RSVP'ed with a fat NO.  I wouldn't be bending over backwards to attend a cross-country wedding with such little notice.  Especially since they obviously didn't make the "first cut".  Yeesh.

This wasn't anything "wrong", but I couldn't make it to a good, longtime friend's wedding because of the short notice and distance.  She and her FI (now H) got engaged and set the wedding date about a month later.  The wedding was in CA where they live, but I'm in Louisiana.  By the time I got the invite, it was less than two weeks away.  There was no way I could have swung that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why does my husband call me 45 times with questions when he has to stop at the store for 1 thing but when he's doing something important that I should be involved in, he's radio silent?

I made a list of all of Edna's lumps for the vet to check out and if he misses any, I'mma be pissed.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Casadena said:
    The people with the annoying registries I posted about a couple weeks ago just MAJORLY B-listed my in-laws. H and I got a save the date over a year ago and the invite a couple months ago - RSVP date was like 10 days ago (with about 40 days to go til the actual wedding). 5 days after the original RSVP date, they got an invite with a new RSVP date written in....for 3 days later. Keep in mind, this is a destination wedding for 95% of the people. So in-laws had 3 days to decided whether to attend a cross country weekday wedding with less than 3 weeks notice. We're going bc we're turning it into a vacation that we wanted to take anyway. But omg, I may not even get them a gift at this point. Other than that, SSDD.

That is super messed up!  I hope they RSVP'ed with a fat NO.  I wouldn't be bending over backwards to attend a cross-country wedding with such little notice.  Especially since they obviously didn't make the "first cut".  Yeesh.

This wasn't anything "wrong", but I couldn't make it to a good, longtime friend's wedding because of the short notice and distance.  She and her FI (now H) got engaged and set the wedding date about a month later.  The wedding was in CA where they live, but I'm in Louisiana.  By the time I got the invite, it was less than two weeks away.  There was no way I could have swung that.

They for sure said no. My MIL is usually pretty forgiving about etiquette, but even she was very put off that they had the gall to invite them so close to the date. It just stinks because I know they like the couple and she mentioned multiple times when we got the STD that if they got an invite she really wanted to go. I'm seriously struggling with getting them a gift or not because they're being pretty obnoxious with the gift grab/cash ask and it's tacky. But I also feel like it makes me look bad or petty if I don't get them something.
  • Speaking of egregious wedding etiquette, a friend of mine told me last night her daughter hasn't been invited to a wedding with her SO for several years. She lives OOT from most of her HS and college friends. They all have the being engaged or married requirement for inviting what they term "a plus one" so friend's daughter's live in guy hasn't been invited to like 7 weddings! She hasn't gone to any of them. She will be the last to get married and feels like she shouldn't have to invited the husbands since they didn't invite her boyfriend. Of course, my friend (and her daughter) know better but I certainly understand how she feels! That B-listing is BS @Casadena!
  • Why does my husband call me 45 times with questions when he has to stop at the store for 1 thing but when he's doing something important that I should be involved in, he's radio silent?

I made a list of all of Edna's lumps for the vet to check out and if he misses any, I'mma be pissed.

My H rarely bugs me for unimportant stuff.  But he does drive me nuts with the bolded sometimes.

Best wishes for Edna!  It is tough getting old.  Whether you are a dog or a person!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

My H rarely bugs me for unimportant stuff.  But he does drive me nuts with the bolded sometimes.

Best wishes for Edna!  It is tough getting old.  Whether you are a dog or a person!

He just called me to talk about a spider in Africa that buries itself in the sand. For six minutes.

Image result for annoyed gif

Thanks for your good thoughts - looks like it worked! :) 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever