Attire & Accessories Forum

Discount bridesmaid dresses

hi everyone! I was very lucky to get my wedding dress at the 99 dollar sale at David’s bridal.... but now I would love to find the bridesmaids a dress that doesn’t break the bank too! The girls come in a variety of sizes, so we would need a location with lots of selection. I am not super picky about style (my wedding isn’t formal, maxi skirts or dresses would be fine!), I more care about colour and price. Does anyone have a good recommendation for where we can find the girls a dress that costs less then $100, or am I crazy for thinking that exists 😂? Thanks so much  

Re: Discount bridesmaid dresses

• hi everyone! I was very lucky to get my wedding dress at the 99 dollar sale at David’s bridal.... but now I would love to find the bridesmaids a dress that doesn’t break the bank too! The girls come in a variety of sizes, so we would need a location with lots of selection. I am not super picky about style (my wedding isn’t formal, maxi skirts or dresses would be fine!), I more care about colour and price. Does anyone have a good recommendation for where we can find the girls a dress that costs less then $100, or am I crazy for thinking that exists 😂? Thanks so much  
    David's Bridal also has BM dresses at or under $100.  Target has a bridal line as do many department stores.

What would be the easiest and most cost effective would be to tell your BM's what color you want and whether you prefer a maxi skirt or dress.  If you prefer a dress, than let them know whether you prefer a short or long length.  You can even suggest a fabric. Let them find a style that suits their body and personal stye.  Nothing is more affordable than purchasing a dress that can be worn beyond a wedding!

This "trend" of having a coordinated wedding party versus a "Stepford" wedding party is picking up steam in terms of popularity, affordability, and common sense.  My daughter had her WP pick a knee length black dress.  All but one friend choose the same fabric.  Although it was frustrating that one friend did not, it made ZERO difference in the end.  You can "coordinate" the WP with their flowers if you want some sense of cohesiveness.
  • My daughter just picked a color (and if a color is on your radar, it's because it's in style and is therefore likely to be popular and easy to find--that's just how these things work) and asked her maids/matrons (ick, what an awful word!) to find a dress they liked. I don't know if she specified a length, but they all showed up in a similar length, but very different styles that were flattering to each woman. Her MOH owns a vintage clothing shop, and she somehow found a vintage dress in the right shade and it was less than $100. The super rich BM had a dress made for her. Who knows what she paid? The others went to David's and found dresses that I am fairly sure were around $100-$150.

• My wedding was more on the casual side. I ended up finding cute (non-bridesmaid) dresses at Macy's that were perfect. I paid under $100 for each of them. Actually, I think both together (after using a coupon) came out just over $100.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• As others mentioned - David's also has Bridesmaid dresses for under $99 as well in their clearance section (check online)..  As others have mentioned, easiest way to go is to give bridesmaids a common color and length and let them choose their own dress within their budget with a strong suggestion to hit the $39 clearance rack at David's (yes! I've gotten formals there during this sale!)..  
  • I picked a color and length (navy, knee-ish length) and let my BMs choose whatever they wanted within those parameters. I specified I didn't care about sleeve length, lace, fabric, pattern, whatever, but you could also mention that. One of my sisters had a dress already, one found a dress on a clearance rack, and my cousin bought a dress she was able to wear to a couple events before our wedding. Oddly enough, all 3 of their dresses ended up being very similar in style and almost looked like they went shopping together!

You could even check a few department stores for "examples," or something that you had in mind to give your BMs a starting point for their own shopping.