Wedding Woes

Thursday

Quick pop-in.  I've been reading, but not had time to respond.

This week is our big school fundraiser and I'm BEAT.  Two more days to go.  We have had exactly 2 volunteers outside of the executive board.  TWO. 609 students and TWO parents have helped collect and count money.  We've brought in close to $20k with pennies, quarters, and even a Kenyan schilling. 

Proud mom moment: 6let had a tournament last weekend.  He's on Team 2 out of 3.  He's a solid player but Team 1 is crazy good (like nationally ranked top 100 good). He's been working really hard this season- extra keeper training, speed and agility, etc. 

Team 1 coach was at our second game.  He told our coach that he had been worried he didn't have a back up keeper for Team 1, but after watching 6let he's found his back up and really his general defense back up. 

We're one of 3 new kids on this team so most parents don't know us yet.  We over heard other parents commenting on just how well 6let played- glad to have a good keeper, making saves he shouldn't have (from a college soccer coach), etc. 

I'm happy his hard work is paying off. I'm also glad that after they lost a hard fought game they turned into 10 year old boys and goofed off and snapped a picture with a mascot:)

Re: Thursday

• Go 6let!

Pregnancy loss trigger warning:

Yesterday my bff called me to tell me she went in for her OB appointment and they couldn’t find a heartbeat. I took a red eye to PA. They have to induce her today or tomorrow. I’m so heartbroken for her. This is the shittiest fucking situation and I wish there was more I could do. 

• Wow, way to go 6let!! And 6mom! $20K is awesome!!!

Oh my god Levi, my T&V to you and your friend. I am so sorry. 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • YAY 6let.  

So sorry for your friend.  :(  That's awful. 

Yesterday was a shitshow.  We had no internet for 10+ hours.  I had to go to the office.  I thought my internet had come back up (I have an app), so I came home on a late lunch and no internet.  I basically had to forfeit 2.5 hours of work time yesterday.  :/ 

Other than that, SSDD.  Haven't even looked at Prudie yet.  Off to do so here in a sec.  

I have the afternoon off tomorrow...wahoo.  
  • Oh @levioosa that’s awful. Good thoughts to your friend that’s got to be so so hard. Really great that you can head right out to be with her. 
  • Sorry about your friend Levioosa.

Today is our summer/fall company picnic. There are games, food, and prizes. 

Other than that - SSDD
  • I'm so sorry @levioosa.  It totally sucks!

I've been reading posts but have been so busy with work I haven't responded.  I'm transitioning from one job to another and doing mornings in old job and afternoons at the new.  I have all my "stuff" at the new desk now but I'm not settled.  

Sunday night I fly to Phoenix to work for 3 weeks.  I'm looking forward to that but feel like I have so much to get ready before I leave.  I want the house clean so DH can maintain while I'm gone.  I have a Target run to make.  Laundry to do so I can pack, etc.  My mind has like 20 browser tabs open at once.  

Other than that, SSDD - ha!

• With a pregnancy loss going on, I feel like my petty whining is such bullshit.

I don't have to go to that meeting I was dreading today, which is nice.

I've mentioned before that my H likes me to hold his hand for little tiny shit he does, but then he just goes and does bigger things without talking to me. He did that with the dog a couple weeks ago - made an appointment and took her to the vet without talking to me about it. They looked at her to see if we should put her under and lop off all these skin tags and warts and stuff. He forgot to ask about a teeth cleaning so now we have to go back to the vet again tonight so they can scope out her mouth and draw some blood. 80 more dollars, at least. Oh well; at least she's getting everything she needs. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @6fsn, congrats on the fundraising, but boo on more parents not helping.  Love the brag about 6let!  Sounds like all his hard work and extra practice is paying off.

@levioosa, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  You're a great person to drop everything to be with her and comfort her, in her hour of need.

I think this month just needs to end, so we can move into Oct. already.  But, hey, at least it is finally "cooling" down to highs in the mid 80's, lol.  Ugh, summer heat is lingering way too long this year.

My H and I had a nice night at home yesterday.  He cooked me one of the Hello Fresh meals.  It was yummy!  But even more work than the other one, lol.  Not much else going on for me today.  It should (hopefully) be a mellow one.

I was just figuring out my vacation time.  I will have 148 hours accumulated at the end of this pay period.  Woo-hoo!  I have tentative plans to take my own personal 4-day weekend in a couple weeks or so.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MNNEBride said:
    I'm so sorry @levioosa.  It totally sucks!

I've been reading posts but have been so busy with work I haven't responded.  I'm transitioning from one job to another and doing mornings in old job and afternoons at the new.  I have all my "stuff" at the new desk now but I'm not settled.  

Sunday night I fly to Phoenix to work for 3 weeks.  I'm looking forward to that but feel like I have so much to get ready before I leave.  I want the house clean so DH can maintain while I'm gone.  I have a Target run to make.  Laundry to do so I can pack, etc.  My mind has like 20 browser tabs open at once.  

Other than that, SSDD - ha!

I am cracking up at this phrase!  I will need to remember it, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @levioosa You're doing the only thing you can do - be there, listen. Thanks for doing it.

I have to work on Saturday and extra on Sunday (I usually work on Sunday) for something that's never effective.

And ILs are probably coming in Sunday on their way back from the beach. I just don't need MIL right now.
  • sorry to hear about your friend :( 
  • @sparklepants41, ((hugs)), I'm glad you're doing some fun, lighthearted special things today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @levioosa I'm so sorry! I feel awful for your friend. 
  • @6fsn, woohoo! Proud parent moment.  that's awesome!
    @levioosa, not much else to add but like the other posters have mentioned you are a super good friend for going out there and you ARE doing all you can do.  T&P's are with the family
    @sparklepants41, you are a strong woman! any feelings you have today are 100% justified. 
    @short+sassy, I feel like my company doesn't offer a whole lot of vacation time, even for long timers.  Want to share yours?  If it's one thing I love, it's travel.

I purchased a sugar free pumpkin pie syrup from amazon on Sept 3rd.  I finally got it last night.  If I wanted to sign up for that app that gives you refunds you're owed, I probably would but I don't like that I have to give them access to my email, and for what?  a $2 refund?  Anyway it was worth the wait because I added it to my coffee today and I can enjoy a pumpkin pie coffee like the rest of ya'll sans sugar!!! It was SO SO SO heavenly.  And that's all I got.  

• @CharmedPam, I get three weeks/year of vacation and am a bit of a hoarder with it, lol.  I usually use one week a year to actually go somewhere.  And then take a day or two here and there.  But I think the first couple years my H and I were married, we didn't take the typical one week OOT vacation.  I've been riding that abundance and adding a little bit to it every year since.  My company pays out anything over 160 hours after Sept. 30th, each year.  So my hoarding can't get too out of control.

I'm trying to be better about taking the opportunity to travel more.  Because I really enjoy it also!  But I've spent much of my life hoarding my money and vacation time that old habits die hard, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @levioosa I’m so sorry. She’s lucky to have your support. 

Hugs @sparklepants41. It sucks even worse that it falls today. 

• I'm trying to be better about taking the opportunity to travel more.  Because I really enjoy it also!  But I've spent much of my life hoarding my money and vacation time that old habits die hard, lol.

this is me!
  • So sorry to hear about your friend @levioosa.  You’re a wonderful friend to be with her now.  And happy birthday Puppypants/hope you feel okay today @sparklepants41

SSDD over here.
  • I’m about to lose my shit on her doctor/office staff. She called this morning to get in to see the doctor and discuss the induction time. They told her they’d call her back. Y’all, it’s almost 1 pm. It is unacceptable to keep a woman with a probable fetal demise waiting for OVER 24 HOURS to get back in to see the doctor. They should have instantly accepted her in as a walk-in (she’s already an established patient) yesterday when she had the ultrasound. This waiting shit is making me furious. It’s not right. 

• @levioosa I'm glad she has you in her corner
  • My small bright news for the day.  I was invited to be on an ongoing, occasional online survey thing with my energy provider.  For every survey I fill out, they award me points that can be saved up to redeem for Amazon gift cards.

With the few short surveys I've already done, along with evaluating an upcoming new ad campaign today, I have enough points for a $10 Amazon gift card, and have almost hit the threshold for the next $5 reward.  Woo hoo!  Right now, the points from today's survey are still "pending", but I'm going to cash those points in as soon as they've been added to my account.

I actually hate them.  They're a conniving, evil monopoly.  It is common knowledge they pay-off their gov't. regulators with lavish gifts.  So, while I am always honest with my opinions whether positive or negative...because that is what they are paying me for...the other benefit for me is the surveys do often give me an outlet for calling them out on their b.s.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2018
    Thankfully I checked my bank account today.

On the 18th, so NINE FUCKING DAYS ago, I made a mobile deposit (take a picture of the check and deposit on the app). When it was approved and deposited in my account, I shredded the check.

Today I check my account and I'm WAY over-drafted. So I called and Harris Bank decided today that they can't read the numbers at the bottom of the check and they took the funds out. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The woman was like, "We sent you something in the mail.." The fucking mail? They already slapped me with an overdraft fee that I had to fight to get reversed.

Thankfully it was H's overtime check and he can get a new one from his boss but what the actual fuck? Don't tell me shit is approved if it's not fucking approved. 
  • PMeg819 said:
    I logged into our home computer today for the first time ages and thought I would pop in.... I only know a few names!

So hi. Old, old old, old WWer here. 
    ERHMERGHERD!  HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!  :D  
  • @ShesSoCold, I feel your bank pain and now you've triggered my rant, lol.  I hate to sound more and more like an ornery "old lady" with each passing year.  But, back in my day, there was so much less ridiculous b.s. than there is now.  I worked my way through college as a bank teller for BofA.  True, we didn't have online banking or mobile deposits back then, but we TALKED to our customers...sometimes even giving them a call...when there was a problem with their account.

I have twice had a bank employee put a hold on a deposit, made INSIDE the branch, and the teller didn't say one, f**king word to me.  WTF is wrong with people?!?  When I was a teller, if a hold was being placed on someone's deposit, I told them and for how long.  Because that would be NORMAL to inform a customer of a major, unexpected thing like that happening with their account.

One of those times a hold was put on my deposit, I had to have a ridiculously long discussion with a CSR rep.  Informing HIM of what Federal Banking Laws are, in regards to holds.  Specifically, that their bank was required to notify me by postal mail.  And they hadn't done that.  He kept trying to gloss over that...like he didn't understand what I was saying...and kept trying to encourage me to sign up for mobile banking so I would have been alerted about the hold sooner.  This is the bitchy snark I wanted to say and was only able to barely restrain myself:

"Little boy, is there a confusing box on the curb of your house?  Or maybe on your house?  That you sometimes get coupons or fliers in?  Well, back in mommy and daddy times, sometimes LETTERS were put in those boxes.  Like, on real paper.  We call that postal mail.  Not to be confused with e-mail, that is very different.  And Federal Bank Laws require that your bank send me a LETTER.  By postal mail.  Which they didn't comply with."

Wedding Countdown Ticker