Wedding Woes

He didn't forget, he doesn't care and it's gross.

Dear Prudence,

Several years ago, our daughter, now 16, was fondled by an older cousin. We called the police, and the boy received probation.

My husband gets up early in the morning. He sets his work clothes out in the dining room so he doesn’t disturb me. For years, he got dressed in the bathroom. Two years ago, I caught him walking through the house naked. He said it was OK since no one was awake yet. I reminded him that our daughter gets up very early and asked him to please get at least partially dressed in the bathroom. He agreed, but I caught him a few weeks later still walking around naked. When I talked to him about the situation, he again said he’d get dressed in the bathroom.

I just learned that my daughter has seen him naked multiple times, including when he yelled out for her not to look and then walked out of the bathroom to grab a towel from the linen closet. On at least two other occasions, she came down to use the bathroom and saw him. I asked her if he might not have noticed that she’d come down, and she said that he’d turned in her direction, so she doesn’t know how he couldn’t have noticed her there. Granted, he was 20 or 30 feet away, but his behavior is downright creepy. Also, he never said anything to me about her already seeing him nude. The poor kid’s been diagnosed with PTSD. She’s planning to confront him the next time she goes to her psychologist, but is there anything else I should do in the meantime or afterward?

—My Husband Forgets We Have Kids in the House

Re: He didn't forget, he doesn't care and it's gross.

• WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This guy is an asshole. Either because he's one of those old timey douches that doesn't "believe" in mental problems like PTSD or because he doesn't care that his daughter could be triggered by him like this. 

What can LW do? Make him go to his own counselor or have a session or two with hers so he can understand why he's horrible.

This would be weird and shitty if the daughter hadn't been assaulted. Ugh. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • The husband needs to stop this now.   

He may not think he's being abusive but he is.

I would tell him flat out: "This is non negotiable.   I will be seeing an attorney if you are neglecting to put the needs of our kids first. " 

Maybe there's better conflict resolution but this is dealbreaker territory for me. 
  • LW, you’re married to a creep.  That poor daughter.  Counseling for everyone especially the H who needs to hear he’s being beyond inappropriate and a crappy father.
  • WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

SSC said what I was saying as I read this.  WHO DOES THIS?!?

• This is such a weird and callous stance to take with something that is clearly affecting your child and making them uncomfortable.  And why does the daughter need to be the one to confront him (after being pumped up by her therapist)?!  LW needs to make this behavior non-negotiable.    LW and her H are being terrible in this situation. 
  • Are we sure only the cousin has assaulted her? This is not normal and not okay. This poor girl. 

• my mind went immediately to grooming.

What an ass
  • This is really gross, and I can't help wondering if there's more going on here than LW is aware of.