Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!!!

2»

Re: Friday!!!

• Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Quiet weekend coming up. At least Monday is payday. Oh, how I've been looking forward to that.
    That’s awesome Jen, hows the new job going?
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Quiet weekend coming up. At least Monday is payday. Oh, how I've been looking forward to that.
    No doubt! No doubt!  You liking the new gig?
    MobKaz said:
    Oh, and we got the wedding invite for the Dec 1st wedding.  There's a dreaded gap.  The reception is a town over (MAYBE 10 minutes?).  We know a lot of people going to this wedding so we'll end up going somewhere for drinks but 'cmon people! Ceremony is 3 pm and reception is 6 pm.  It's in a catholic church, but I can't imagine it being more than what? 45 minutes max?
    That gap is definitely unnecessary.  A 3:00 PM Saturday Mass is like winning the golden ticket!

DD also had a 3:00 PM ceremony.  The reception venue was about 10 miles away/20 minute or so drive.  The 5:00 PM cocktail hour was just about perfect timing!    DD, SIL, and the wedding party arrived @5:30-5:45 because they did use some of that cocktail hour for pictures, but they still had plenty of time to do that as well.

Shame on them for adding that unnecessary additional hour.

right?  OK, so if you're taking pictures in between that's great.  Offer cocktail hour for those who aren't in them!