Wedding Woes
Options

Wacky Wednesday

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited October 2018 in Wedding Woes
For those who didn't win the lottery (ie; me) and are at work today, what's shaking?

I was taking out the trash this morning, along with my neighbor, and we exchanged some pleasantries. I feel like a bad neighbor because while I know she has one kid for sure I could have sworn she had another one just recently, so I said "are your kids getting excited about Halloween" hopefully if she only has the one she didn't hear the plural part of it.

PLUS she knew my name (that's not hard to do in my town since I'm always redirecting my mail, they probably got  a lot of mine too) and then politely gave me hers again 'incase I forgot it' - which I did.  Seriously, I'm the worst neighbor. I moves Jan of 2015, so almost 4 years ago and they're the only ones we've talked to and even that is stretching the word "talk".

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Our office pool won a whopping $12! So we bought a powerball. 

We’re moving the last of our stuff in tonight. It’s supposed to be cold and raining but we need to get it done. We bought new blinds and H is putting them up AND then fence guys are out finishing up the posts for the fence. The start of hunting season was the push we (really H) needed to actually get everything done around the house!
  • Options

I'm so confused today.  We had to move yoga to Tuesday nights, so I feel like today is Thursday, but its not!  :'(

H is working late, so I will pick up DD and hang out with her tonight.  We may take a ride to pick up ice cream from a place with an expiring groupon and fill up the gas tank too.  This will all depends on how soon I can get home and get our dinner on the table!

Last night H and I tried to fix our banister again.  Our pressure gate has been slowing pushing it out, so we just want to put some long screws in it so that it can squeeze back together with the stairs.  We got the first screw in, but there was still a small gap.  So H went to remove the first screw and re-insert it.  Except he stripped it and its now stuck, stripped and sticking out less than an inch from the banister!  Oh and we broke 1 drill bit trying to remove it.  We worked on it for 30 minutes.  We gave up and H is buying a stripped screw removing bit set today.  Prayers it works! LOL!  Attempt number 3 to fix the banister may be tonight.  (Number 1 was Sunday when our drill bit wasn't long enough and our drill wouldn't screw in anymore.  Amazon to the rescue with a 6 inch long drill bit!)
  • Options
    I get the same feeling; that I'm a bad neighbor because I don't really talk to anyone. I do if I see them and I like the people on either side of our house, but we never really do see each other.

This morning I went to shower and there was very little warm water so I'm worried about our old-ass water heater. Hopefully it's just the pilot light. Took the Edna shoes to a shoe repair guy last night. And I also took an old purse with a broken strap. 

I made pumpkin zucchini muffins this weekend and H is scared of them because they have zucchini in them. He ate one and liked it, he just doesn't like the idea that there's zucchini. Ugh. What a child. Dude will eat squirrel, raw fish, pretty much everything else, including zucchini. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I don’t know my neighbors names either @CharmedPam ;)

Normal day for me.  Does anyone take the Elderberry gummies or drink the syrup? If so, a) does it really work? and b) where do you buy it where’s it not so costly?
  • Options

Long story, short.  I finally got a reload on my special card for my mystery shopping project.  Supposedly, another one is hitting later this afternoon.  All of this is just in time, because I've taken the whole day off work tomorrow to get a bunch of these done and I was getting really worried.

And, now that the card is loaded up, I'm leaving for lunch in 5 minutes to go do one of my mystery shops at a nearby (my work) Poke' place.  I already placed an order for the Aloha Tuna bowl with avocado (...mmmm), so I should be able to just grab and go.

Work is the usual SSDD.  Though I'm even more on the unmotivated side this week, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Soccer crap is KILLING me.  6let's practices changed day, time, and location. It jacks up his futsal schedule, but it's a little closer.  I need to get paperwork in for 2 different tournaments and nobody wants to sign the shit because "I already signed it once." I know that, but I don't make up the rules.  They want it on their letterhead.  Our room block expired yesterday.  I sent a million emails.  This morning "what's the name of the hotel.  I know you reminded us a million times, but I forgot to do it."  I'm team admin so I can't ignore this shit, but I'm not sure it was worth the $300 discount.

M2 has a tournament this weekend.  Rumor has it her schedule is jacked up, but I'm only hearing that from coaches of 6let's club.  Her game times are awful (8:05 and 10:10 Saturday and Sunday), but dammit I need to plan logistics.  It's Wednesday! 6let and Max have games Saturday and Sunday!

Work is crazy too, but I have a feeling that's just the norm with them now.

• Options
    I’m home and exhausted. I have another midterm today so I’m trying to get motivated to do some studying before I have it. FI and I got to spend some nice time together last night. Too bad today isn’t the weekend or we could have relaxed and slept in. We went out to dinner last night and only made it 30 minutes before we realized we were
    too tired to be out. Oops. 

I’m so happy to be home. Phoenix is a weird weird place. Although we did find one great place to eat so I’ll put that in the win column. 

• Options
    @eileenrob lots of people in my area swear by elderberry. I have done zero research, but my gut says it’s aboit as effective as essential oils. 
  • Options
    @Eileenrob do you have an Instant Pot?  There are lots of recipes for the syrup and gummies on there.  People on the recipes pages I follow swear by them too, but I have not ever tried them.
  • Options

On being a "good/friendly neighbor", I've only been on a first "name that I remember" and casual conversation person at two of the places I have lived at.  My current house and my last one.  I think it is because they are on small, residential blocks. 

On my block growing up, we knew some of the other long-time neighbors.  But a few were rental houses and we didn't always have the opportunity to get to know different tenants.

Other than that, I mostly lived in apartment complexes and didn't usually get to know anybody else.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Work is insane right now and I'm starting to just feel behind rather than very busy but productive.  I need to bust my butt the next few days so I will actually enjoy my girls trip this weekend.  

My follow-up fertility appointment keeps getting rescheduled and I'm kind of annoyed and anxious about it because I just want to have some answers or an action plan.  

@eileenrob what are the supposed benefits of elderberry?  I'm not familiar, but curious to hear!
  • Options
    Why I hate my open office (or more so, my coworkers)
    I;m on the phone with someone, and I ask them a question.  I cannot hear the other person's response because my coworker decides to answer it too.  I CANNOT LISTEN TO TWO PEOPLE AT ONCE!!!!

Also, rude.

• Options
    Ugh that’s so frustrating @Casadena I’d want answers too!
    Elderberry is supposedly a super boost like very antioxidant-heavy, prevent/fights the flu and colds, and if you do get one it lessens the symptoms?  Supposedly?  It just has so many fans and really nothing to lose that I thought I’d check it out and when I did I was like “oh...it’s expensive”.  Thanks @OliveOilsMom I have seen some “make it at home” recipes..I don’t have an instant pot although I do have a slow cooker...maybe I’ll try making the syrup at home first.
  • Options
    I looked up elderberry, and it's intriguing....like take one a day to prevent it?  I think I'd just buy the gummies - I'm that lazy!

• Options
    eileenrob said:
    Elderberry is supposedly a super boost like very antioxidant-heavy, prevent/fights the flu and colds, and if you do get one it lessens the symptoms?  Supposedly?  It just has so many fans and really nothing to lose that I thought I’d check it out and when I did I was like “oh...it’s expensive”.  Thanks @OliveOilsMom I have seen some “make it at home” recipes..I don’t have an instant pot although I do have a slow cooker...maybe I’ll try making the syrup at home first.
    So Natures Way sent me some free Elderberry samples when I complained on Twitter I was sick. The gummies and the lozenges taste amazing! Seriously like candy. I have no idea if it made a difference but they tasted great. And they definitely didn’t make it any worse. 

They also sent sent me a DVD of Princess Bride, a mug, and a beanie. 

• Options
    Regarding Elderberry: Does St. Germain's count? lol

• Options
    eileenrob said:
    So Natures Way sent me some free Elderberry samples when I complained on Twitter I was sick. The gummies and the lozenges taste amazing! Seriously like candy. I have no idea if it made a difference but they tasted great. And they definitely didn’t make it any worse. 

Wow! *creating a twitter account asap*
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

Am I the only one puzzled as to "why" the inclusion of a Princess Bride DVD, lol?

I mean, nothing wrong with it!  Just seems an odd item for a vitamin company to have included.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I love when an e-mail starts, "You idiots..."  I start my reply with, "We appreciate your feedback..."  

Anyhoo, I'm in a weird Weds slump today.  We didn't want to get out of bed today at all.  My house is a disaster.  

At least tonight is Coach purse bingo night.  And best of all,  MOM GOES HOME SATURDAY! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

With everything you've gone through lately, I hope Karma lets you win a Coach purse!

So glad your mom is going to be well enough to go home on Sat.!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay Saturday!!!!!!
  • Options

I really need to figure out how to bite my tongue today alone:

- The bus was running late this morning.  A mom had to leave to go to an appointment.  We all said we'd put the kid on the bus.  These are kids and parents the he has known his entire life.  Kid starts crying.  Mom says it will ruin his day so she'll miss the appointment.  I say "he's in 3rd grade.  Time for him to suck it up."

- After the bus, neighbor kid asks her mom if she can make smores for her snack.  Mom says kid can have 4 little ones.  I bust out with "What? for a snack?! It's straight sugar!!!"  Yesterday the kid's after school snack was one of those giant pixie sticks so this wasn't a one off. 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    I love when an e-mail starts, "You idiots..."  I start my reply with, "We appreciate your feedback..."  

Anyhoo, I'm in a weird Weds slump today.  We didn't want to get out of bed today at all.  My house is a disaster.  

At least tonight is Coach purse bingo night.  And best of all,  MOM GOES HOME SATURDAY! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

With everything you've gone through lately, I hope Karma lets you win a Coach purse!

We're actually trying to win one for mom.  She's never won and we all have.  She was supposed to come with us tonight...so...yeah.  ;) 
    Even better reason to win!  Fingers definitely crossed for you all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

We're actually trying to win one for mom.  She's never won and we all have.  She was supposed to come with us tonight...so...yeah.  ;) 
    didja?

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

didja?
    No.  :( 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    I don’t know my neighbors names either @CharmedPam ;)

Normal day for me.  Does anyone take the Elderberry gummies or drink the syrup? If so, a) does it really work? and b) where do you buy it where’s it not so costly?
    So because of this, I picked up some gummies today while I was at walmart. Two people are out sick in our office and both came in and then left because of it!!!  I hope the gummies help prevent....?  I'm also going to give them to DH since he picks up colds at work all. the. time.

• Options
    eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

Am I the only one puzzled as to "why" the inclusion of a Princess Bride DVD, lol?

I mean, nothing wrong with it!  Just seems an odd item for a vitamin company to have included.

Haha I wondered the same thing. Maybe because they figured I was home sick and wanted to watch movies?
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

Haha I wondered the same thing. Maybe because they figured I was home sick and wanted to watch movies?
    I figured it was because it features a little boy home, sick in bed, needing a distraction.