Wedding Woes

Happy Election Day!

2»

Re: Happy Election Day!

• Voted bright and early this morning and there were already about 20 people ahead of me in line and the line was longer by the time I left.  H is voting after work and I'm interested to know if the crowd gets bigger!  I've also been the kind of annoying person on social media all day reminding people to vote :)  Watching the IA race closely tonight and hoping that there's a better blue turnout in rural counties - if Steve King is out I don't know that theres much that would make me happier.  I don't live there anymore, sadly, but IA politics is always interesting. 
  • I voted! My first election where I’m not a political scientist and it feels, different. Good to see so many people at my new job encourage voting (my manager reminded everyone of our time off for voting policy and encouraged anyone to leave early/come in late). But I also miss talking with my students about it all. I have a lot of feelings today. 

Also, GOOD LUCK MITTENS!!
  • I voted! My first election where I’m not a political scientist and it feels, different. Good to see so many people at my new job encourage voting (my manager reminded everyone of our time off for voting policy and encouraged anyone to leave early/come in late). But I also miss talking with my students about it all. I have a lot of feelings today. 

Also, GOOD LUCK MITTENS!!

Wow!  Very progressive.  Most places I've worked will pay for up to 3 days off for Jury Duty.  But no leaving early/coming in late for voting.

My dad was an electrician and spent some years as the union rep at the nuclear power plant he worked at.  A place that needed electricians working 24/7.  I remember he occasionally had to speak up for people scheduled to work doubles and/or weird hours, that didn't allow them time for voting on election days.  To be fair, it was never a big deal.  Managers just sometimes needed to be made aware of the issue and re-schedule people appropriately.

Wedding Countdown Ticker