Wedding Woes

Wednesday

Did everyone else sleep in too?! 

I set my alarm to go to the gym this morning, but decided not to.  Thought I reset the alarm, but really just turned it off and slept until 8.  I'm usually at work around 8:30 so I had to scramble a bit and got in at 9.  I had totally forgotten that the building my office is in was doing a holiday breakfast and got a nice free hot breakfast as I walked in the door.  So, the morning balanced out I guess. 

We're almost halfway through this week, guys!

Re: Wednesday

• This is the post I was looking for when I thought it was wedensday yesterday lol!

nice on the free breakfast!  Didn’t sleep in but was a bit busy when i got into work this a.m.  now, it’s quiet.  Over the weekend we were at a restaurant in Southern Illinois.  I fell in love with two pictures.  One was of a man, dressed from the 40’s sitting at a bar - and the other was a woman, on the other side of the bar.  I don’t know why i loved it - but I did.  My mom asked me whaf i wanted for christmas and I said “remember those pictures?  Those!” She actually called the restaurant to ask where they got them and it’s a place we have here called “At Home”.  They’re not online but Im now on a mission to find these pictures. I hope to go Thurs or Friday.

• Never, never, ever do I get to sleep in, lol.  Except on the weekends.  My workday starts at 7AM.  It is the price I pay to work half-day Fridays.

I saw a funny Christmas mug yesterday.  It said, "I'm only a morning person on December 25th."  I can definitely relate to that!

My H and I are going out to dinner tonight.  It's a mystery shop (MS) for a new client an MS company I work for has.  I've been to the restaurant a number of times, just not on a shop.  It's a place we like so it will be nice to get reimbursed for our meal this time around!

We're also going to Home Depot.  I have a coupon to get 10% off the whole purchase.  Our main target is two bathroom vanities and two medicine cabinets for our rental reno that we're still trudging along on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey everyone. Still in bed with the flu, but I am definitely starting to feel better. My fever finally broke overnight, but I am nowhere near 100% so I am working from home today. I keep thinking today is Thursday. Arrggghhh. 
  • Turning off my alarm when I mean to reset it is like my worst fear. I get super anxious about being late. Glad it worked out with the breakfast though!!

Yesterday we had my car towed to a Jeep dealer, where it apparently started right up. So that's annoying. I don't want to just pick it up and hope it doesn't die again, ya know? They left it outside and were going to try it again this morning to see if it's cold related but it's much warmer today so IDK. 

H called his stepmom last night to tell her that she put him in a shitty spot, asking if she can invite 5 additional people to our house on Christmas Eve. She totally brushed him off and acted like she was put in a spot herself (apparently her parents asked if they could invite these people. How hard would "I'm sorry it's not my house or my party so no" have been?) so I'm irritated. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Turning off my alarm when I mean to reset it is like my worst fear. I get super anxious about being late. Glad it worked out with the breakfast though!!

Yesterday we had my car towed to a Jeep dealer, where it apparently started right up. So that's annoying. I don't want to just pick it up and hope it doesn't die again, ya know? They left it outside and were going to try it again this morning to see if it's cold related but it's much warmer today so IDK. 

H called his stepmom last night to tell her that she put him in a shitty spot, asking if she can invite 5 additional people to our house on Christmas Eve. She totally brushed him off and acted like she was put in a spot herself (apparently her parents asked if they could invite these people. How hard would "I'm sorry it's not my house or my party so no" have been?) so I'm irritated. 
    What a non response.   Is she the type to pull "I'm older than you so lose your attitude" even though they're both adults? 

Also it's still not a resolution!   What a pain for you.

My kids have been waking up with coughs and I just want them gone.   Tomorrow we go to the NORTH POLE!   
  • Yay for free breakfast! :)

i am here for a minute. I have had a pretty good day, especially compared to yesterday where the baby only wanted to cry all afternoon. I even had DH swing by the liquor store on his way home from work because I needed a damn drink. When he got home, he swooped into action. He got the baby into his bed (he had fallen asleep on me about 30 minutes before DH got home but I was too afraid to move and risk waking him so I was sitting in the dark playing a game on my phone, lol), made dinner, and cleaned the kitchen. I was so happy I could have cried. So yeah, today was much better than that.

I am upset that I am going to scrap the quilt I started for my mom and start over from scratch. There is no way i’ll finish it before she gets here (18 days) but I would rather give her something I think looks good later than an ugly one now. 

I plan on going to the plant store this weekend to get a large house plant this weekend. Then we will put lights on it and it will be our “holiday tree”. I would like to get some wreaths and stockings to put up and that will be about it for our decorating. 
  • Blah day.  The grind at work is getting to me.  I've got a handful of just...trying my patience people and I'm not able to get passed it like I usually do.  Dear person trying my patience:  I already told you I'd call you when I had and update or the update phone call comes due (we are required to check in every 30 days), so don't call me and then tell the message person I need to call you back before noon.  Guess what's not happening?

Other than that, SSDD.  Have a friend coming over for dinner that comes over every Wednesday, just because.  It's nice to see him and it's nice to have a reason to cook.
  • @sparklepants41, glad you are finally starting to feel better!

@ShesSoCold, geez, yeah, your SMIL is being completely outrageous.  I know it is easier said than done, but I would have already told her, "Nope!  Sorrynotsorry, can't do it.  That's a LOT of people to add and you know we don't have the space for it."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ShesSoCold that is outrageous, I would be so upset about that non-answer and likely tell her very specifically that extra guests will not be tolerated. 
  • @ShesSoCold - I would tell her that I understand she won't be able to attend since she will be hosting "her" party at a restaurant or hiring a cleaning service for her house. 
  • Ugh your SMIL is being ridiculous @ShesSoCold. Hope you continue to improve @sparklepants41
    Sorry about the rough day @missJeanLouise...your LO is at a tough age!  

SSDD at work.  I’ve had this on and off headache (I’m pretty sure related to my period) that id love to get rid of.  
  • Thanks for agreeing with how nutty this is, ladies. 

Apparently these 5 people already have Christmas Eve plans (which is odd because initially we were told that they have no family and nowhere to go since great aunt whoever died) so it's moot. But H told her that we could not accommodate them regardless. And of course, she "had to go" as soon as H brought up how crappy it was of her to try to invite so many additional people. He said he was going to talk to her in person about it. She's a liar and tries to manipulate things but she's not good at it and you can see right through her. She won't be able to avoid the conversation in person. 

She had texted H when she asked about these people. It was a huge long text about how bad she feels for these randos because someone died. H replied back with "I'll call you tomorrow" because he didn't want to tell her in text "no fucking way and you're making me out to be the dick here by even asking me" and he was too pissed to talk to her then. 

I know this is petty and wrong of me, but it's who I am and I'm accepting it. I'm good at backhanded comments and I'm sure I won't be able to resist saying some passive aggressive thing about inviting people to my house but not your own if the opportunity presents itself on Christmas Eve. And H's grandma, who is freaking awesome, will totally pick up on it and love me for it. She's my favorite.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I've had plenty of issues with people but I can only imagine the sheer chutzpah of someone who is going to play victim when she's clearly out of line. 

good luck!
  • My stomach is very, very upset with me today.  The 4 cookies I ate are not helping the situation.

I am so very, very sad for a woman in my moms ministry.  Four years ago she had a pregnancy with a rare chromosomal defect.  She carried Anthony to term and her family loved him until his death.  They turned the tragedy into several wonderful things- a garden at church to supply fresh herbs and veggies to the food bank, special beds for families at the hospital. 

The family was a beautiful picture of grace. Her older kids still talk about Anthony.  She went on to have another healthy pregnancy.  She just announced that she is pregnant and this child has the same rare genetic disease.  My heart breaks for this family. 

• Oh my god, 6. That's heartbreaking. I can't imagine what this family is going through.
  • @ShesSoCold that's a lot of extra people to accommodate! I'm sorry your SMIL added an extra layer of stress! She was definitely out of line especially given that she was lying about their situation. 
  • Oh my gosh 6 that is heartbreaking. I can't even imagine. Prayers for her and her family. 
  • That’s crazy, 6, so sad  :(
    ssc, lucky for you its not happening but yeah a talk to avoid that in the future is a good idea

I found the canvas I was looking for.  More $ than inwanted to spend though, since it’s a set

https://mobile.greatbigcanvas.com/view/cigar-bar,2251974/
    https://mobile.greatbigcanvas.com/view/evening-lounge,2252007/?ref=also-in-img

Walmart has them cheaper but also smaller so now I have to decide what’s more important to me. Saving money or getting the size I want

• Ugh that’s heartbreaking @6fsn :( 
  • @CharmedPam, Ooooh, I like those also!  Maybe sign up for that site's mailing list?  They might send coupons on the reg.  Or check in Jan.  Lots of price slashing after Christmas. 

@6fsn, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @6fsn I'm so so sorry to hear this. That is so heartbreaking for the family.