Wedding Woes

Monday!

2»

Re: Monday!

• So, I FINALLY got a neurologist appt. for my 8 yo who has fucking DAILY HEADACHES and whose pediatrician thinks that giving her fucking advil every day is an OK remedy.
    I am effing furious because I gave the referral a little extra time because the holiday--and I've been leaving messages for a week and not gotten anything back.  I probably sound terse and hysterical at the same time in the last one saying "PLEASE clal me back if you can't take this referral, so I can find somebody else, but please call".  No response.

Apparently SOMEONE at MSU's medical facilities didn't realize NEUROLOGY and UROLOGY aren't the same thing and nobody called because...>I don't know, fucking idiots?
    the ONLY reason this is 'solved' today is because I see a neurologist there, and I started bothering people all over until it got solved.  Appt in the AM.

Also sent the "appeal to change my medical records' form in today. 
    ALl of this makes me hostile.
  • @mrsmitten Yikes that's awful! 
  • @gbck rightfully hostile!  I hope your kiddo is okay!

@cupcait927 I called back and they advised me to take Benadryl, which worked so all was good in the end.
  • @GBCK I’d be hostile as hell. 

• Oooooh yeah.  i’d move offices too, GBCK.  No reason for that!

• Totally not okay @GBCK! Hope things settle soon but you’re right to fight back!
  • GBCK - I hope things are quickly figured out with you LO.

MrsMitten - Hugs, I hope a solution is found easily for work and you can stay on.

Today was not a great day.  DD has had lice and I was treating her and combing every other day.  So daycare did a check this morning and found nits, so back home she came.  I decided to just throw money at the problem and went to a lice lady.  Best money spent!  I have them too, so we were both treated in about 2 hours and are now lice free.  We have some follow-up washings to do and a re-check on Sunday.  I'm just over this already!  Sorry if I just made anyone else itchy!

The Saints beat the Eagles yesterday (Congrats S+S)!  So football season is done.  They had so many injuries, I was glad to see they were able to make it to the 2nd round.  And technically, they made it farther than the Cowboys (since they played and lost on a Saturday and we played and lost on a Sunday), so I consider our season a double win!  LOL!  How many weeks/days until pitcher & catchers report?
  • OOM - that does make me itchy but I'm glad you finally got it taken care of. Lice is something I don't know if I can handle. I definitely will keep in mind there are professionals for that kind of stuff! 

(and now I can't stop itching)
  • That is some serious bs @gbck!
  • GBCK - I hope things are quickly figured out with you LO.

MrsMitten - Hugs, I hope a solution is found easily for work and you can stay on.

Today was not a great day.  DD has had lice and I was treating her and combing every other day.  So daycare did a check this morning and found nits, so back home she came.  I decided to just throw money at the problem and went to a lice lady.  Best money spent!  I have them too, so we were both treated in about 2 hours and are now lice free.  We have some follow-up washings to do and a re-check on Sunday.  I'm just over this already!  Sorry if I just made anyone else itchy!

The Saints beat the Eagles yesterday (Congrats S+S)!  So football season is done.  They had so many injuries, I was glad to see they were able to make it to the 2nd round.  And technically, they made it farther than the Cowboys (since they played and lost on a Saturday and we played and lost on a Sunday), so I consider our season a double win!  LOL!  How many weeks/days until pitcher & catchers report?
    Have you seen Jennifer Garner's discussion on her family getting lice?  It makes me itchy but it's SO funny! 
  • @GBCK, that is definitely not OK! Hope you can get things sorted out soon and that your LO gets some relief from headaches.

Really challenging day at work. Four emergencies and more of my regular workload than usual. I hope it’s not a sign of things to come this year.

Made some progress cleaning upstairs. One of our housemates moved in with her BF (in Oklahoma!) and left a *lot* of stuff behind. We’re shipping some stuff to her, but she told us we could donate the rest. We put out ten bags of clothes and bedding for Easter Seals. We’re keeping her books, but I have to figure out where we’re going to put them. Almost all of our bookcases are full.

I didn’t mention it in my previous post, but I started a feminist Meetup group. We discuss books and watch films and TED talks by and about women. I’m trying to get a project off the ground working with a house for women veterans, and I had a phone call with the director of the project earlier tonight. 

I’m also working on a committee to plan a sober LGBTQIA+ conference in 2020. I still have to type up the minutes from the last meeting, so I’d better get to that.

Sorry to side-eye your friend, but that was really crappy of her.  It's her stuff and she should have taken care of dealing with it, instead of leaving all that work to you all.  I don't understand people who won't take responsibility and expect everyone else to bail them out.

Sounds like you are spearheading some great stuff for your community!  Awesome!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I’m with S+S.  I could never do that to someone.  I could see MAYBE a bag... but if you have 10 bags already to donate - that’s a lot if work to leave someone behind!