Wedding Woes

Tuesssssday!

What's goin' on?

I worked out last night. First time in like 3 months. My entire body hurts and H nearly had to help me off the toilet this morning but I deserve this. If I'd have been working out this whole time, I wouldn't feel like this. 

But today is payday and it appears that my company very generously have me an extra PTO day a couple weeks ago. I was out of PTO for the year but got a stomach bug the Thursday after Christmas. I was expecting them to dock me but nope. Very nice of them!
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Tuesssssday!

• What kind of workout did you do last night? 

I ran last night and then did the stair climber for a little while. 

They're demolishing the rest of the TZ bridge today and my H is going to get to see it. I'm super jealous! 
  • I did a barre style video. I've done the program like 4-5 times before, just not in a while. 

I'm going to get back into this for a week or two and add my elliptical days back in. 

It's crazy how hard it is to get in the habit of working out and how easy it is to fall out of it. Like I worked out regularly for 2 1/2 years and then BAM suddenly three months have passed and I haven't done one video or done anything besides dust the elliptical. And I do one 1/2 hour video and nearly die. LOL 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I did a barre style video. I've done the program like 4-5 times before, just not in a while. 

I'm going to get back into this for a week or two and add my elliptical days back in. 

It's crazy how hard it is to get in the habit of working out and how easy it is to fall out of it. Like I worked out regularly for 2 1/2 years and then BAM suddenly three months have passed and I haven't done one video or done anything besides dust the elliptical. And I do one 1/2 hour video and nearly die. LOL 
    That's so true. I've always gone back and forth like that. But I have been working out steadily since July with a trainer. 

They're demolishing the rest of the TZ bridge today and my H is going to get to see it. I'm super jealous! 
    I'm super jealous too! After years of white-knuckling the steering wheel & clenching my jaw while traveling back and forth over that bridge to visit family, I am so glad that old death-trap-in-waiting is getting torn down!

Feeling blah today. Babypants was up at 2am (she refused to eat dinner and then woke up hungry) and I couldn't get back to sleep after I put her back in bed. So I'm doing what I always do when I feel blah. I'm wearing a cute dress and leggings. So now I feel fancy (and blah).
  • I used a 4 letter word at the bus stop (after the kids were on) and Max is upstairs crying.  Stupid Tuesdays.

I started a new workout program (21 Day Fix Extreme) this week and I'm sore!  I've been working out regularly and still have muscles saying "hey, how ha doing? remember me?"

I need to work out some logistics in my head.  We leave for a tournament Friday night.  I'm trying to figure out breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the weekend and what we're going to DO.  The hotel doesn't have breakfast and Akron seems to be a wasteland of options.  We have a mini-fridge, but apparently no microwave.  Right now I'm going to be packing more food than clothes.  I have a feeling this is going to be happening several times a year so I need to get it figured out.

I'm super jealous too! After years of white-knuckling the steering wheel & clenching my jaw while traveling back and forth over that bridge to visit family, I am so glad that old death-trap-in-waiting is getting torn down!

Feeling blah today. Babypants was up at 2am (she refused to eat dinner and then woke up hungry) and I couldn't get back to sleep after I put her back in bed. So I'm doing what I always do when I feel blah. I'm wearing a cute dress and leggings. So now I feel fancy (and blah).
    @sparklepants41 I had no idea you were from around here! 
  • I was seeing that the TZ finally comes down today!   I don't take it often but the last few times I took it I was always breathing a sigh of relief to be on the other side.   
  • banana468 said:
    I was seeing that the TZ finally comes down today!   I don't take it often but the last few times I took it I was always breathing a sigh of relief to be on the other side.   
    Yeah, the new bridge is definitely much better than wondering if you're going to plummet into the Hudson. 
  • Happy Tuesday!  I have a busy day ahead of me - 3 wedding quotes (woohoo) plus a walk through at a home for a private party this evening.  Busy is good at work these days!

Keto went okay for Day 1.  I was way high in my fats and proteins and lean on my carbs - the app I'm using lets you ease in so I was good for yesterday's parameters - bad for Day 7 's.  I even packed a hard boiled egg, cheese and nuts.  The real question is - can I keep this up? 

Next week I'll be in @ShesSoCold's shoes - I'm starting back up at kickboxing on Mondays.  It's been years!  I'm scared and excited!  Now I need to find something else I can do at home 2x week (the gym is too far away to realistically go three times a week).
  • Workouts.  Uuuuugh.  I hate it.  I think I just hate sweating the most.  It’s the worst.  I also hate the movement part.  And the pushing of muscles.  Maybe I just hate it all?

Does Akron have Skyline Chili, 6?  I’ve been to Ohio numerous times and always wanted to go.  But was never near one and it never made sense to drive out of the way for one.

i bet my post office thinks I’m the laziest person alive.  I had 4 packages at my door last night and scheduled for another 4 tomorrow. Including a homechef food box.  I can’t even grocery shop for myself anymore.

• RIP TZ bridge!  One of my sisters is a structural engineer and bridges are her passion, she’d be very jealous of your H @climbingwife

I started using my old 21 Day Fix DVD’s a few weeks ago and I felt that way too @ShesSoCold

The freshman at my school who’s been battling cancer received bad news yesterday evening.  It took an even worse turn.  They’re managing pain at this point. So we’re having a sad day here.
  • Workouts.  Uuuuugh.  I hate it.  I think I just hate sweating the most.  It’s the worst.  I also hate the movement part.  And the pushing of muscles.  Maybe I just hate it all?

Does Akron have Skyline Chili, 6?  I’ve been to Ohio numerous times and always wanted to go.  But was never near one and it never made sense to drive out of the way for one.

i bet my post office thinks I’m the laziest person alive.  I had 4 packages at my door last night and scheduled for another 4 tomorrow. Including a homechef food box.  I can’t even grocery shop for myself anymore.
    Not only do I have groceries delivered, I also do Home Chef and another company (Eat Clean Bro) for prepared lunch meals. I don't feel bad about it - these things make my life so much easier. Most days I leave the house at 7am and don't get back until 7pm. And the last thing I want to do during the week is grocery shop and cook. 

• i bet my post office thinks I’m the laziest person alive.  I had 4 packages at my door last night and scheduled for another 4 tomorrow. Including a homechef food box.  I can’t even grocery shop for myself anymore.
    Not only do I have groceries delivered, I also do Home Chef and another company (Eat Clean Bro) for prepared lunch meals. I don't feel bad about it - these things make my life so much easier. Most days I leave the house at 7am and don't get back until 7pm. And the last thing I want to do during the week is grocery shop and cook. 
    Oh... i’ve got nothing but time.  lol.  Yesterday I got home, brought my loot in and then found out that I had a walmart money pick up from our renters (who apprently now have a bank to bank set up so we wont have to go to walmart anymore).  I was like... i should leave my house but it’s damn cold and the teen mom 2 premiere is on in 20. I didn’t go to Walmart.

• i bet my post office thinks I’m the laziest person alive.  I had 4 packages at my door last night and scheduled for another 4 tomorrow. Including a homechef food box.  I can’t even grocery shop for myself anymore.
    Oh... i’ve got nothing but time.  lol.  Yesterday I got home, brought my loot in and then found out that I had a walmart money pick up from our renters (who apprently now have a bank to bank set up so we wont have to go to walmart anymore).  I was like... i should leave my house but it’s damn cold and the teen mom 2 premiere is on in 20. I didn’t go to Walmart.
    Oh, I totally feel you. It's a chore to leave the house on the weekends, especially when it's cold. 
  • @CharmedPam I don’t know if they do or not. Dh and I LOVE skyline. 6lets down for a few coneys. M2 eats the spaghetti with cheese. Max whines and has oyster crackers. 

I iust dont want to get in the habit of eating out every time we spend a weekend away. It adds up!
  • @CharmedPam, there are two types of people in this world I am jealous of.  Morning people.  And people who enjoy exercise/working out.

The one and only problem I have with exercise is I just find it really boring.  Doesn't matter what kind of exercise it is.  There are always a dozen things I'd rather be doing.  It does make it a lot easier when I've made it a habit and incorporated it into my normal day.  And I know I need to do that again for my health and energy levels.  But it's still a chore and something I have to do, not something I want to do.  Plus energy levels are a vicious cycle to start out.  I know I would have more energy if I exercised.  But then, where do I find the energy in the beginning which is when I'm the least motivated, lol.

As for grocery laziness, it's one of my extreme lazy days.  I'm ordering from Whole Foods later today through my Amazon Prime account, so my groceries just get delivered to my house. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:
    @CharmedPam I don’t know if they do or not. Dh and I LOVE skyline. 6lets down for a few coneys. M2 eats the spaghetti with cheese. Max whines and has oyster crackers. 

I iust dont want to get in the habit of eating out every time we spend a weekend away. It adds up!
    Oh it totally does! And the heathier stuff is more expensive so its lose lose.  At any rate - have fun!

@sparklepants41 I had no idea you were from around here! 
    Well. Sort of. I live in the Boston area, but my dad grew up in Northern NJ, so for a while that's where my paternal grandparents lived. My maternal grandparents live in DE - so I would take the TZ to 287 and then pick up the Pike because I hate taking 95 through NY. And some of my aunts/uncles/cousins live in that area. Up until Hurricane Sandy, we had a place on LBI, but we sold it because that was the storm that broke the camel's back. 
  • banana468 said:
    I was seeing that the TZ finally comes down today!   I don't take it often but the last few times I took it I was always breathing a sigh of relief to be on the other side.   
    The only time you'd ever breathe a sigh of relief to be in NJ. (Sorry couldn't resist!!!)  :D  ;)  :p  :#
  • Not much today I’m afraid. Still battling an annoying but not that bad cold. It’s really chilly and dreary here, and work is sort of boring today. 

The investigation into the bathtub leak is ongoing; we can’t see where it is leaking from even after cutting an access panel in both the closet and the bedroom walls. So the house is still disheveled. And I can’t take a bath in the jacuzzi tub.  
  • I worked out yesterday for the first time in a minute and am also sore.  I need to do it again today, but I'm tired and cranky. 

I'm also on the 'fuck Tuesday' train.  The kiddo parked behind me last night (which we have had the "park your slot" conversation before), so I couldn't drive DefConn down to the bus (1st world prob and all that, but it's effing COLD and it would have been nice to listen to music while waiting).  He was also being a PITA this morning because he's got one quarter of school left and wants to check out so bad.  DH irritated me as well before he left for work.  

And then I have a co-irker who's trying to force a problem client on to me because she's washed her hands of them...even though the client is still harping on the issue (which we offered fixes, but she wants none of them).  My boss is out today.  I sooo... want to be snarky, but I'm sitting on my hands.  I'm not responding unless my boss tells me I have to, but he's usually good about pushing back on stuff like this on our team's behalf. 
  • @mrsconn23, I have never heard the term "co-irker".  And am now wondering how that is possible when it is such a brilliant word, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsmitten said:
    Happy Tuesday!  I have a busy day ahead of me - 3 wedding quotes (woohoo) plus a walk through at a home for a private party this evening.  Busy is good at work these days!

Keto went okay for Day 1.  I was way high in my fats and proteins and lean on my carbs - the app I'm using lets you ease in so I was good for yesterday's parameters - bad for Day 7 's.  I even packed a hard boiled egg, cheese and nuts.  The real question is - can I keep this up? 

Next week I'll be in @ShesSoCold's shoes - I'm starting back up at kickboxing on Mondays.  It's been years!  I'm scared and excited!  Now I need to find something else I can do at home 2x week (the gym is too far away to realistically go three times a week).
    what app are you using? 
  • S+S you must not have had too many coworkers worthy of the co-irker title then haha
  • @eileenrob I'm so sorry

I am dragging myself to the gym to swim this morning, and then again tonight to do the elliptical and weights. I need to make a real meal plan. I'm very tempted to have the meal prep services around here deliver food, but it's not the cheapest option and I have a lot of expenses coming up. I decided to stop having a house cleaner because the ones we kept getting weren't half as good as I am. So either my standards are too high, or the service I used sucked. I don't have the time to research other options right now, but honestly I've barely been home the past few weeks so the house has been staying relatively clean anyways. 

I decided to skip work today (they asked me to come in) so I don't collapse. I'll probably pick up Thursday and doing nine days straight might have killed me. I know it's only Tuesday but this accurately describes how I feel

Image result for lemon its wednesday gif

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019

@ShesSoCold, it's official!  The Stones are coming to NOLA's Jazz Fest for May 2nd.  Though, if I remember correctly, you all weren't potentially coming anymore, when you opted for great tickets at their more local (to you) show.

Here's a link to this year's line-up:

https://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/new_orleans/news/article_d8b39daa-17ba-11e9-86b0-3f784a5cc476.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had to clear my web history, cookies, passwords and everything to try to make a program work. GRRRRR I hate remembering everything and doing the multifactor-authentication all over! It didn't even fix the problem:(
  • banana468 said:
    The only time you'd ever breathe a sigh of relief to be in NJ. (Sorry couldn't resist!!!)  :D  ;)  :p  :#
    Well, technically, the TZ bridge connected Westchester and Rockland. And Rockland is not NJ! 
  • edited January 2019

@ShesSoCold, it's official!  The Stones are coming to NOLA's Jazz Fest for May 2nd.  Though, if I remember correctly, you all weren't potentially coming anymore, when you opted for great tickets at their more local (to you) show.

Here's a link to this year's line-up:

https://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/new_orleans/news/article_d8b39daa-17ba-11e9-86b0-3f784a5cc476.html

I saw that, thank you!!! I did have to laugh at the Stones and Katy Perry headlining JAZZfest. Clearly "jazz" is used loosely. 

You're right, though, that we'll probably skip it. We're too broke and too in limbo with selling the house and moving and whatever else. I'm actually really hoping we'll already be gone by June when they're in Chicago and I'll have to fly back for the weekend. 

ETA - Discover just increased my credit limit. Pretty sure that's a sign.