New York-Long Island

anyone getting married or went to a wedding at Verdi's of westbury

my fiancee booked this venue without talking to me freaked out please help any advice

Re: anyone getting married or went to a wedding at Verdi's of westbury

• edited December 2011
    My Cousin got married at Verdis. Its really nice and the foods amazing
  • GLENNSEASEGLENNSEASE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thank you for your response my fi did this as a act of kindness and trying to relieve me or the decision since i am doing everything else

• edited December 2011
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but you have much bigger issues to worry about than what your venue looks like if your FI went and booked it without you.  Solve your communication issues first!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    Even if he did this as an act of kindness, the venue is one of the biggest decisions you can make.  If my H had done this, it would have been a huge red flag.  Just sayin'.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    Verdi's is very nice, and has great food.  And I wouldn't pay attention to any negative comments about your fiancee.  It seems like he really has an interest in making your life easier.  Sounds like you have a winner to me! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_anyone-getting-married-went-wedding-verdis-of-westbury?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:dbd752c9-61c8-4194-b0e5-07f007b416adPost:31c23c4b-70fb-43bf-aa86-bec4d7642769">Re: anyone getting married or went to a wedding at Verdi's of westbury</a>:
    [QUOTE]Verdi's is very nice, and has great food.  And I wouldn't pay attention to any negative comments about your fiancee.  It seems like he really has an interest in making your life easier.  Sounds like you have a winner to me! :-)
    Posted by dramaqueen2985[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously?  How is sending her into a dramatic tailspin over the fact that <em>he picked the location of their wedding without her</em> helpful?  You guys have a very, very different definition of "helpful" from me.</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm being supportive.  Asking her if he's really the kind of guy she wants to marry is pretty rude if you ask me (I read your other post)....she obviously loves him and wants to marry him; that's why she's getting married.  It's just a venue.  Who cares, really?  It's about the rest of your life, not about the party.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_anyone-getting-married-went-wedding-verdis-of-westbury?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:dbd752c9-61c8-4194-b0e5-07f007b416adPost:fcbe97ca-0a6d-4038-b6da-dfc358e1a91e">Re: anyone getting married or went to a wedding at Verdi's of westbury</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm being supportive.  Asking her if he's really the kind of guy she wants to marry is pretty rude if you ask me (I read your other post)....she obviously loves him and wants to marry him; that's why she's getting married.  It's just a venue.  Who cares, really?  It's about the rest of your life, not about the party.
    Posted by dramaqueen2985ayl4[/QUOTE]

<div>I really wasn't trying to be rude.  Her post seemed so frantic and upset, it gave me the impression that this was something she was freaking out about (I think she may have even used that phrase in one of her posts here) - if my FI did something that was going to make me freak out, I'd seriously consider my relationship with him.  He loves me - he doesn't do things that send me to message boards "freaking out" and begging for input from strangers.  I guess everyone's relationship is different, but the way her FI acted so one-sidedly, with no input from her at all, in a way that seemed to upset her, made me very concerned for her.  If she's not upset, then I just read her wrong, in which case, my bad, but I'm not going to apologize for saying I think it's not okay for people in relationships to make major decisions that affect both people in the relationship without talking it over with their partner first.</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • GLENNSEASEGLENNSEASE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT I LOOK FORWARD TO MY WEDDING AT VERDIS
  • edited December 2011

my weddng will be at verdi's this june and i cannot wait! i heard the food is amazing and i love the decor...especially in the tosca room (main ballroom). i dont think you have to worry!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • every relationship has room to grow...if your guy had good intentions i would not sweat it. enjoy your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards