New York-Long Island
Options

Food for though

I recently took my engagement pictures with my photographer and was discussing with someone that getting married on a budge is actually quite doable.  Someone told me I should post all the information I found on the knot to help other Bride's as well... So here is goes.  My first post

My photographer who took great pictures is Lou from Celestial Photos.  He is extremely personable.  He got my fiance to laugh and smile and I felt completely comfortable around him.  The quality of the photos is excellent and I couldn't imagine anyone else taking our pictures.  He ran a package at an incredible rate.  2,995 for a 100 picture album, 2 clone parent albums, thank you cards, 11X14, engagement session and all the proofs as well as a deluxe video. 

My DJ sounds like Mr. Moviephone.  His name is Joe Benz and he has been running great deals- around a 1,000 with two men and lights and a special cd etc.  He is from legendary entertainment.

My hall is the Rivieria - the prices are very reasonable and the food is amazing.  I booked with Michelle and I think she is amazing.  I am personally having a christmas wedding and the double fire places are the perfect touch but it is on the water so its great for summer weddings too.

I am getting my flowers and my dress from Burton's.  They have a coupon for a 100 off your wedding gown and the prices for flowers arent by the flowers but which arrangment.  It is so cost effective it isnt funny.

I got my invitations from Invitation consultants.com and you should look online there is always a coupon code.  I got them fast, they look great, free shipping and an extra 10.00 off.  I saved at least 100 off the prices I was quoted from the stores.

For little things you can look at oriental trading.com for organza bags and games for kids and little theme ideas.

Payless has dyeable shoes and if you get them during a bogo sale they are buy one get one 1/2 price. Plus they are fully returnable even after they are dyed.

I hope this helps someone...

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards