Texas-Houston

Beach Wedding in Galveston

Hi everyone!

We are planning a beach wedding in Galveston, Texas in September of 2012 and are really just starting the planning stages.  Any ideas, tips, suggestions any one has please share.  It will be a very small ceremony (probably about 10-15 people including us) and we will all be going on a cruise the next day for 7 days.  Any advice would be great!

Thank you!!
Picsbyangel

Re: Beach Wedding in Galveston

• picsbyangelpicsbyangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi everyone!

We are planning a beach wedding in Galveston, Texas in September of 2012 and are really just starting the planning stages.  Any ideas, tips, suggestions any one has please share.  It will be a very small ceremony (probably about 10-15 people including us) and we will all be going on a cruise the next day for 7 days.  Any advice would be great!

Thank you!!
    Picsbyangel

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Your wedding sounds great, I'm going to move this to the local board there in hopes they will be able to help you more!

Happy Planning!!

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    First, post on the Houston board.
    Second, don't go wtih the company on Broadway that's called chapel something.

Also, I'm getting married in Galveston too, but not on the beach. :)

If you are interested in a fun place to hang out after, consider the marina in Sea Isle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nana8301nana8301 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married in Galveston as well but again, not on the beach! Do you have a specific beach in mind?
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on the beach!  LOVED IT!  Check my blog link in my signature for all the deets!
  • picsbyangelpicsbyangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not have a beach in mind.  Ever since I was a little girl, my dream was to be married on a beach, ankle deep.  I am looking for suggestions on a nice spot on the beach.  We will not have a bunch of people, maybe 4 to 10 people and then looking for somewhere fun to go after the wedding.  This is not our first marriage for either one of us, so we are going totally non-traditional.

Thanks!
    Picsbyangel
  • edited December 2011
    there are some really great beaches in galveston to get married. you should try to decide whether you want it to be on the west or east end of the island first before narrowing it down. 

i am getting married in galveston as well. just not on the beach, but the beaches down there are beautiful! if i can recommend anything to you it would be to get your cake from the local bakery - Patty Cakes Bakery. 

let us know what spot you decide on for the big day!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Galveston brides, message me for more information on the best beach locations, as well as other great hang out locations on Galveston. I've done several weddings in Galveston and just loved them all.

@picsbyangel Have you considered getting married on a cruise line? I can put you in contact with the coordinator for all the cruise lines that leave from Galveston for more information.
  • edited December 2011
    We are planning to do the same thing. Actually, our plans were to do the wedding aboard the cruise ship......but our wedding is in September of this year! It seems to be getting a little pricey though because a lot more of our family and friends are wanting to come with us than we had originally thought. It's $22/person over 20 people for the cruise wedding. Now we are considering a beach wedding the day before the cruise leaves. Any advice or tips would be helpful!
  • timsgirl78timsgirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!
    I am also planning a beach wedding in Galveston, Texas, but am looking for locations...Pics by angel, where did you decide to have your wedding?
  • lyndak1lyndak1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your Engagement!
    Jane Park owner of The Total Wedding Experience is a full service wedding planning, coordinating, officiant/minister wedding planner on Galveston Island.  The Total Wedding Experience offers wedding packages for all budgets including beach weddings & traditional weddings.  Please visit www.thetotalweddingexperience.com and find Jane Park on Facebook. 
    Contact info.:  perfectdayplanners@sbcglobal.net
    Thank you,
    Jane Park
    The Total Wedding Experience
  • Congrats on your upcoming marriage . I will be doing the same thing as you in just a couple of months. Have u found a place yet? I need all the help and ideas I can get Ashley
  • What did you end up doing for your wedding day? Thanks, Ashley
  • Im also trying to get my beach ceremony going - its in October, but I was interested in nice places to stay - as eveyrone will be coming from out town.  Also looking mostly for someone ot officiate the ceremony and photograpy or really great deals on a pacakge.  Im wanting simple..any ideas are welcomed!  Im bringing my cake and my flowers with me.
    Thanks!
  • I'm in the beginning stage of planning a beach wedding in Houston for March 2013.  Ours will be small too.  He wants the beach.  I want elegant.  What did you guys end up doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards