Texas-Houston
Options

Wedding Dresses ASAP!

Greetings from Misawa Air Base in Northern Japan!

After surviving earthquakes, tsunamis, and nuclear warnings, my fiance and I have decided to move our wedding from December in Hawaii to Fort Worth in July.  

However, I need your advice/knowledge on where to shop for a dress fast.  I don't get to return to the States until June 22nd, and my wedding is July 29th-which means I'll have approximately a month to find and get a dress.  

I know David's Bridal sells dresses off the rack, but nothing there is catching my eye.  I need to know if any of you know of boutiques that sell dresses that I can take that day, or can get really quick. It also needs to be a size 16/18. I've heard DaVinci Bridal will send in a week, but I've also seen conflicting reports about that, and wanted to know if anyone here had experience with them or with another designer that had a quick turn around.

Forgive the questions, but I'm not from Houston (relatives who live in Houston will be buying my dress which is why I'm dress shopping there), and I'm overwhelmed with trying to find answers on the internet and dealing with a 14 hour time difference.

Again, I know I can do a search for wedding boutiques in Houston, but I need "local" info so that I can hit the ground running, and know which direction to run in.

Re: Wedding Dresses ASAP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are a few consignment dresss shops in Houston.  You can either rent a dress or buy a used dress from here so the only time related issue you would have to worry about would be alterations.

www.miladbridal.com

www.marrygoroundbridal.com
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try stores like Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom, and I think Neiman Marcus sells wedding dresses, too. Good luck.
  • Options
    lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress shopping experience was super quick and easy. So I may not have a ton of advice. I bought mine from The Princess Bridal. I really loved their dresses, but most of their sizes are really really tiny. I just had plenty of time to order it.

Panache had a nice selection of various sizes and the consultant was super helpful. My sister bought her high school millitary ball dress there and they actually went to the designer (who happened to be local) to pick it up so that she would have it in time. I would definately reccomend checking them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second MaryGoRound. My dress was a sample dress and in excellent condition. I paid 60% off the original price and bought it that same day. To be honest I ddin't notice their plus size selection but it is worth a call to find out. I believe they also have a facebook page that they update their newest arrivals.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    Blome12Blome12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can go to jsut about any bridal salon and buy a sample gown day of
  • Options
    edited December 2011

try Amy Lee bridal they have over a hundred different styles in stock to choose from and buy that day.  They have a in house seamstress tha tcan get and alteration  done in a day or so if need be.

• Options
    gmespinosagmespinosa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you know your size already. I used fabulous frocks of charleston. i live in houston but they shipped my dress within three days and sarah was super nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, nearly any bridal shop will have at least 2-3 dresses in your size you can buy off the rack.  The problem will be whether you like any of them or not!  I was not a fan of Alfred Angelo or Davids Bridal, in my opinion, once you've tried on 1-2 of their dresses, you've tried all of them on. 

My faves so far are Priscilla of Boston (Galleria Area) and Princess Bridal (Old Town Spring).  Princess has gowns at nearly every price point and of the 4 I tried on, 2 were deeply discounted and I could have taken home that day - although I bet they would've sold me any of them had I been ready to make a decision that day.  Priscilla's I bought a bridesmaid dress off the rack from their own line for $99 when the Nordstroms bridesmaids dress was backordered up until two weeks before my friend's wedding when they finally said it was sold out, never going to be delivered.  The dress was beautiful even though I didn't match the other girls, at least we were in the same color family.  It fit me perfectly, I just had to buy shoes, no alterations required.

Funny, although I live in Houston I am in a serious weight loss mode and refuse to purchase a dress until I am at a better size.  Theres 8 months to my Feb wedding, so I plan to wait until November to purchase a dress and will most likely buy off the rack too!

Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards