Texas-Houston
Options

Engagement Parties

I have had a lot of people suggest that I need to have an engagement party.  Is this a common practice that I don’t know about?  I don’t know very many people that have been married and have never been to one.  Are you having one and who throws it?

Re: Engagement Parties

• Options
    hollycasehollycase member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had one- my parents threw it as a little get together at their house and we just invited family, bridesmaids and groomsmen. :) It was a great way for everyone to just meet and get to know one another!
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone but the bride and groom can host an engagement party. If no one hosts one for you then you don't get one. We didn't have one. You can always host a get together/ game night. It would have to have nothing to do with the wedding except that the guest list is people invited to the wedding/ wedding party and families.

EDIT: His parents, my family and aunts family (who we are close with) and us got together for Thanksgiving. It was a get to know you better after the engagement and spend time with family thing.  Plus every year we give gifts to my sister and cousin who's birthdays are in November on Thanksgiving every year. We did not host my Aunts family did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had one...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    casweddingcaswedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not have one but one of my bridesmaids did. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    auggiewedauggiewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I am out of the loop on this one!  My maid of honor and future mother in law have suggested hosting one so I guess I'm having one! 
  • Options
    ChilaBuenoChilaBueno member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning one primarily because we got engaged and waited to set a date. Now that we have, we want to let everyone know and let our bridal party get to know each other. 

Our parents are joint hosting and we're planning on it being very casual.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards