Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Aisle Decor?

I was in love with the idea of lining the aisle with pomanders for our ceremony, but didn't realize just how expensive they are/how long the aisle actually is! Now I'm considering skipping aisle decor altogether-- what do you think?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Aisle Decor?

• If your venue is okay with it, you could scatter petals on the outside of the aisle.  Or, instead of pomanders you could do smaller bouquets of gathered flowers.  Or you could do every other row.
    DSC_9275
  • TiffannieFTiffannieF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Yes!!!!!!!!!  lol....you do not need any aisle decor, the church is very beautiful in itself.

You could skip every other pew but I still would skip it.  You won't notice it on the wedding, neither will your guests.

I skipped aisle decor, myself, to help save money and use it towards alter decor.

ETA:  I used the money towards trees which I had SO MANY COMPLIMENTS on...way more then if I used them towards the pews.  I did, however, scattered leaves on the aisle.

November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Just skip it - no one will notice.  If you really, really want to do something, just decorate the two front pews where the parents sit.
  • amanda1611tamanda1611t member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_aisle-decor-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:57ee8eda-8825-4535-b08d-9ba37082f763Post:8cc2a8a7-b6e9-4132-a60f-eb264416377d">Aisle Decor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was in love with the idea of lining the aisle with pomanders for our ceremony, but didn't realize just how expensive they are/how long the aisle actually is! Now I'm considering skipping aisle decor altogether-- what do you think?
    Posted by kristenbeddia[/QUOTE]

<div>Consider silk flowers from afloral.com We are saving SO MUCH by using fake instead of real and they look great.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amanda, we ordered corsages and bouts from afloral.com and the bouts are fine, but the corsages just look super cheap! I'm trying to see if I can DIY anything with them, but I'm afraid I'll have to end up returning them. Glad yours are great!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards