Texas-Houston

Flowers

Has anyone used or known anybody that has used peonies as their flowers? I fell in love with this flower and do not know if they are too expensive or not. Anybody know anything bout them? Our budget is 20,000 and flowers are about 10% of the budget i heard.. is this about correct? Thanks for your advice!

Re: Flowers

• edited December 2011
    a lot of girls on this board have used peonies, they are one of the most popular wedding flowers. i'm not sure how expensive they are compared to other flowers. all i know is the cost is going to depend on your florist and the time of year your wedding is (ie: if the flowers are in season when your wedding is, or if they have to be shipped in, etc).
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't have to be expensive if you use it for just your bouquet as opposed to using it all over the place.When is your wedding?  Peonies are seasonal flowers, so that is something to look into as well.  :)
  • GerberladyGerberlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peonies are a very popular wedding flower, especially for brides bouquet like I am doing. I can't tell you how much they are going to be, but talk to your florist or your wholesaler and they will tell you the price for the month that your wedding will take place. I went to HEB last month and they sold some, in a set of 5 stems, for about 8.99 I think.
  • edited December 2011
    like the PP have said, it depends on how  you use them and what time of year. Save money by using flowers that are in season then. I wanted peonies but they weren't in season for me. So I used Dahlias which are similar and were in season!
  • ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used peonies and stayed under $1,000 with all of my flowers total.  I had them in my bridal bouquet, in the flower girl bouquet and as the top flowers on my cake.  I also used roses and tulips.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • lthomelthome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are planning for my wedding to be early to mid april 2011.
  • jmo2187jmo2187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HEB had peonies?!! I'll have to check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    they should be in season in april, peonies are spring flowers.
  • FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peonies will be in season in April.  I had peonies in my bouquet for my wedding that was on Feb 28.  Are you trying to use them in your centerpieces too?  If so, it might be possible if you only have a few tables with small arrangements.  Otherwise I would probably only stick it in your bouquet.  Or use cabbage roses they look like peonies.Here was my bouquet:[img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/ndasdu" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/ndasdu</a>[/img]
  • edited December 2011
    I used peonies, PIBmy flowers all together were just under 2500$
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • GerberladyGerberlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, HEB had peonies! But ony for a few days! They took them away so fast and never brought them back again.. stange. Unless they sold them all, but I don't know why they wouldn't bring them back!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards