Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Younger sibling readings

My fiance and I both have 9 Yr old brothers and we really want to include them in the wedding by having them do a reading at the ceremony.

We kind of want it to be like a symbolic "giving a way of the sibling" i am so lost. I want it to be kid friendly and casual...any suggestions :)

Re: Younger sibling readings

• Really~your 9 year old siblings will symbolically "give you away"?  That's just plain silly.  They don't have the authority, nor probably, the inclination to do any such thing.  I can't even begin to imagine what kind of reading would symbolically give my sister to her husband.

Give them a reading to do, but geez~don't read so much into it.  You're WAY overthinking having your little brothers read at the ceremony.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Yea it may be silly...its just we both raised our little brothers and now we are moving on and moving to california (18 hrs away) so its hard on them and we wanted to include them BUT i think you are right i am asking for trouble by over complicating
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards