Texas-Houston
Options

From Oklahoma-- Need Help from Texas!! (GALVESTON)

Are any of you ladies from Galveston, TX? Or Close by? I was originally planning on getting married there. On the beach! I realize its not the prettiest beach but I am not able to travel because of elderly grandparents and my sister with her newborns babies (Nephews). Any advice or differnt vendors you would suggest to me? ANY INFORMATION will help me. I have already put a deposit down for Island Wedding, but She has not been the nicest lady-- I am considering just moving the destination all together. I am planning a visit in the fall. but any help would be great!

Re: From Oklahoma-- Need Help from Texas!! (GALVESTON)

• Options
    shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are parts of the beach that are ok, I would just be sure to see it before you decide yes or no.  I got married at Hotel Galvez.  The girls there were great.  They have a garden you can get married in (and the beach is across the street) so you can take photos after on the beach if you wanted to.  Just a suggestion!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's the San Luis Resort. I looked at the pictures on their site when I was looking and they are really pretty. I'm not sure what it looks like now after Ike hit. I haven't been to Galveston since before the storm. But you might try them, I've heard they are easy to work with. Good luck!
  • Options
    shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also did an event with the San Louis... Bridesmaids luncheon (about 50 people though).  They were great but I would rank the Galvez higher. 
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Galveston on the beach, with a reception to follow @ San Luis Hotel & Resort.  If you want, you can email me at sweet_peas_72@yahoo.com and I can give you all the details.  :)
  • Options
    lmmckenna18lmmckenna18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs. Do you have to have the ceremony on the beach? The Galvez and the San Luis both have ceremony sites right across the street from the beach with good views. I went to a wedding in June at the San Luis at the gazebo and it was really nice. Both of these places also have salons where you can get hair and makeup done.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just noticed you're an April 2010 bride. I'm getting married in Galveston in April 2010 too. What is your date?
  • Options
    ilovejakeryneilovejakeryne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    REPLY: Immckenna18April 30, 2010. Are you using Island WEddings?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No. Is she a coordinator?  My date is the 24th.
  • Options
    I realize this is a very old post and none of you may be on this site... Am curious if any of you ladies above went with Island Weddings and how it worked out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards