Texas-Houston

Uh Oh

Okay- So what do you do when someone RSVP's with a bunch of random people that you barely know? What is the polite way to say... You're not invited.

Re: Uh Oh

• edited December 2011
    I don't know the proper way but I would make my maid of honor do it. Or someone else close to me. If this happens though they will be informed that we have a very limited number of seats available and the invitation was intended for who it was addressed to. We have to keep to a set number or something along those lines.
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would make my maid of honor do itInappropriate, I would not feel comfortable doing this is if I was a MOH or BM I would be aggravated if i was asked to do thisEither you need to call or you parents and politely say there are a limited number of seats and the invitation was only intended for those noted on the envelope and apologize for any confusion there may have been. If the guests that RSVP'd are from your FI's side I might ask his parents to do it. It is a sticky situation to deal with, no matter how nice you say it, it sucks, good luck, it tends to happene with everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with E, I would do it, if I am paying for the wedding or if my parents are paying then I would let them do it.  I wouldn't have my MOH call and if I was a MOH I sure the heck wouldn't call.
    Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to E and FML.  Who's "list" were they on?  If they are your friends - you call, your parents friend's, they call, etc.  We had a few people do that and I just said, "As much as we would love to invite everyone we had to draw the line somewhere and unfortunately we don't have the available room.  We would love it if you and Susie could make it, but we cannot accomodate jake, sally and ryan.  Thanks for understanding."Most people understood - some got snippy, but they got over it.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with E and FML too. If it's someone my parents know, then we call. If they are on FI's list, they can call. I haven't sent out invites yet, but we are predicting that one of my future in-law's will want to bring her over-extended family because she invites them to every single family event. It's crappy to deal with, but they'll get over it.
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to Eboix!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls...this has been really helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    I definately let people know on my own. I just told them very politely that we had a certain number of people who are able to attend and are not able to cut out family or close friends for unknown guests. It was pretty easy. My MOH would have been like WTF. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards