Texas-Houston

Photog?? from a Dallas Knotie

Hi Ladies, I have been talking with MonkeyTree Photography about my wedding and I love her work on her site. She was recommended to me by my sister who lives in Houston and has met her. Was just wondering if any of you ladies hare or are using her and if you could share your experience. We've only had email communications, so would just like to know that little bit more.Thanks in Advance!

Re: Photog?? from a Dallas Knotie

• edited December 2011
    she's actually a friend of mine. she's really sweet to me, and I think she's very talented. I'm not using her for my wedding though, because my fiance doesn't like her (from a LONG time ago and I have no idea why).

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    She has shot a couple of knotties weddings on here, ItWillBePerfect and another girl, I cannot remember. IWBP's pictures came out very nice and I know she was very happy with her
  • edited December 2011
    Have heard great things, tho have no experience myself. Was going to hire her to take my e-pics since she was local and my wedding photog (Leslie Spurlock) wasnt, but ended up being able to meetup while she was here for another wedding.I havent seen any wedding pics from Monkey Tree that i HAVENT liked. I think you'd be very happy
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wish I could have booked her!  IWBP had my date booked.  I think you are making a good choice by going with her!
  • txtechgaltxtechgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! We'll see how and aggie and a red raider can get along! ;o)
  • susanasususanasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She is my photographer for my January wedding! She has also taken pictures of my newphew for a few times. I love her style!
  • FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think starconfetti was the other girl that used monkeytree.
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've worked with MonkeyTree a number of times and she has become a really good photographer.  Since you're in Dallas, you may also want to look into Stacy Reeves Photography.  Even though she is based in Dallas, I've already worked with her in Houston, as she does travel.  Look into her work, as it is absolutely goregeous.HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    ugh, not Stacy Reeves.

• ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    edited December 2011
    Why do you say that pooh?  I love stacy reeves!  She did 2 of my friend's weddings, but had my date booked.  I'm curious ....
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    she's a total B. I've known her since freshman year of college (so 7 years now) and she has never been nothing but rude to me and to her friends. I was also in an organization with her, where we were both officers. that was soooo not fun. she doesn't really know the word "commitment."

• ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    edited December 2011
    oh wow, that's surprising to me - she seems super sweet and my friends who had her as a photog both love her to death, and she's really talented.  That's too bad that you guys have that history.  Funny how people can seem so different.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    I wish it were just me who had the history with her. then I could just blame it on a personality conflict which is common. but she treated EVERYONE like crap in college. she was a topic of many conversations in college, the majority of which were not flattering to her. maybe she's matured (I hope), maybe she's sweet to people who are giving her money (more likely). I guess my point is, people can use her if they like her, she's not a bad photographer. however, I just like to warn people about her, that her public face is different from her private face.

edited December 2011
    Interesting Pooh, but the way I see it is, why judge someone by her past?  Have you talked to her since?  I've worked with her and even most recently and she's been phenomenal.I think how she runs her personal life and how she runs her professional life need to be kept separate.  Apparently your FI didn't want to hire Monkey Tree for personal reasons.  I've worked w/Monkey Tree as well, as she's a great photographer and very professional.  It sux that your FI judged against her to the point of not hiring her for personal reasons.Txtechgal:  In the end, it's your choice who you decide to go with.  Meet with other photographers and go with whom you feel you and your FI connect w/the most and whose work you and your FI like the best. :)
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    sweet_pea - if I did not mix well with my photographer on a personal level I would not hire them either, a photog I had liked that shot my friends wedding told me his personality sucked and the mother of the bride did not care for him either he didn't seem excited to be on his shoots which would be very aggravating to me esp seeing as you are paying them money. I am sorry if I did not like the personality of a vendor I would not hire them either. My parents did not care for the personality and the way someone handled themselves at a vendor we looked at and they walked out saying there was no way they were forking over money to a vendor they felt had an attitude like that. Maybe they were having a bad day but oh well
  • edited December 2011
    "Have you talked to her since?"yes, as recently as last spring. same old same old.

edited December 2011
    @Eboix:  I understand what you're saying.  What I mean is, as long as they have treated me (and I mean this in general) professionally and I clicked with that person, how they are in their personal lives is something I don't use to judge them.I know that everyone is different, and that's quite fine, but I just don't think it's right for Pooh to flat out bash her just b/c she doesn't have a good relationship with her.  Hope that makes more sense.  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards