Texas-Houston
Options

CrossFit

I know I had talked to a few of you on here about it before... I had my first day of a CrossFit "intro" class today, and I loved it. My SEVEN minute workout (in addition to some warm up work) has me incredibly sore already, and I sweat like crazy and was pretty out of breath. It's obviously too soon to tell results, but if there is anyone else on here who is curious about it (like i was), I can keep you updated :)

Re: CrossFit

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you taking CrossFit at? I would like to know if you think its working for you!
  • Options
    ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious where you are doing it too.  An old friend of mine runs one in Houston, and most of my good friends go there.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Options
    mrunner2009mrunner2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love crossfit! I've been doing crossfit off and on since the 'orginal' Houston CRossfit was being done in a backyard! Its a really great workout, and it will kick your butt! Also, its very economical compared to what you would pay for a gym membership. I think there are at least 4 locations in Houston now, so it should be easy to find one close by to try a workout. Im focusing on half marathon and then full marathon training now, so I'm not going to any classes. I should, because its a great supplement to a running workout.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing it in college station, in a backyard gym... it's awesome! as for houston places though, i dont know anything, havent researched them, but check the crossfit website and they list their official affiliates. sorry i cant be more helpful :/all of the places in cs cost much more than a gym membership, but less than most bootcamps and DEF much less than personal/small group training :)
  • Options
    lilbpatlilbpat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love crossfit !!! I've been doing it for a few months now and have never been so happy with my body. I dont belong to a crossfit gym,i just go to there website and ultimate crossfits website for the workout of the day and do it on my own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards