Texas-Houston

NFP Classes

I'm getting married in Dallas, but live here in the Houston area.  I am not familiar with the way things work in the churches here, but as part of our pre-marriage counseling, we need to take and approved Natural Family Planning Class.  Our Deacon said it was okay to do it here in Houston as long as it was an approved program.  Has anyone ever done this here in Houston that can recommend a person?  I tried contacted my church, but am still waiting a reply...TIA.

Re: NFP Classes

• edited December 2011
    I know there is one this weekend at St. Theresa's church. If that doesn't work for you go to ccli dot org for list of classes and locations
  • edited December 2011
    Here is the website.  Sorry I don't know how to make it pop: http://cclsanantonio.org/classes/searchClasses.asp?cid=2    
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  This was very helpful.  Have any of you had any experience with any of the couples you can share?  I'm a little nervous about this.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I nervous too!  We haven't done ours yet.  Mine don't start until October 24th at St. Edward Catholic Church.  I asked our wedding coordinator at the church to see if it was mandatory that we take these classes and she said yes so I guess we have to go.  I'm sure it will be fine though.  I'm sure they will just present the information to us tastefully and let us ask questions if we have them.  I hope that this is how it's gonna be!
  • edited December 2011
    We went to our church a couple weeks ago to take our "focus" test and afterwards a couple who teaches one of the clases came in to give a little intro to what the classes are about...they seemed very nice. HTH ...good luck
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Catholic Weddings board, there is a lot of good info on that board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards