Texas-Houston

Your Veil & Reception...

After looking at Roula's pics....she has her veil on at the reception...  I took mine off in between the after photos and entering the reception and left it in the bridal suite...  i would think it would've gotten in the way?Did you keep your veil on/Do you plan to?
Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

Re: Your Veil & Reception...

• hoopsgirlhoopsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm taking mine off.  i have to really, too long.
  • ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine on until after our dances.  We went to take pics outside and it was kind of windy so I took it off then.  Taking it off in the wind made my hair kind of fall, so if I could have I would have just kept it on.  It didn't get in the way.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I kept mine on the whole time. It was cathedral length but it bustled, it was my moms veil (mantilla) from her wedding so I wanted to wear it as long as possible bc I lvoe it so much, my sister did the same thing when she wore it as well
  • erin0709erin0709 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine didn't get in the way at all but it wasn't as big/layered as Roula's.  And it was pinned underneath my hair, not on top of my head.  I kept it on until we left the reception, mostly because I didn't want to mess up my up-do and everything was pinned in place. 
    imageimage
  • katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm definitely taking mine off.  A friend of mine left her's on and every time someone gave her a hug, women's rings were snagging the veil.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Plan on keeping it on till we have our first dance
  • edited December 2011
    I bought two veils.  One cathedral lenght for the ceremony and then I'm changing to a smaller fingertip veil and planning on keeping it on for the entire reception.  When I put it on it made me feel more like a bride  :)
  • edited December 2011
    coolness - ya i guess it really depends on the veil too...i didnt know they could be bustled too? LOL
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    yeah mine had to option to be bustled, it wasn't very heavy so it worked, I wore it like a veil instead of a traditional mantilla so we had it sewn into my little headpiece thing
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know either you can bustle a veil. I took mine off after the ceremony. I wished I would have worn it more though. My MIL made mine for me. :-)
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • jmo2187jmo2187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted mine off the minute I said I do. I am still upset that I didn't speak up and get that crap off earlier.  There was just so much going that by the time I thought about it we were done with the formals and it was time to party.
  • janie2002janie2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took mine off after the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm taking mine off.  It's cathedral-length.
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on keeping mine on at least through the dances. I want to keep it on because I paid so much and I feel like I should wear it all night. I'll take it off if it gets to annoying though.
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on keeping mine on as long as I can, I really don't need it off unless it gets heavy on my head or it's in the way, i'll just play it by ear.
  • lynny0780lynny0780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i plan on taking mine off, probably after the first dance or maybe just after the cocktail hour. i dont know when yet but i know i wont wear it for the reception
  • txbootsytxbootsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I kept mine on the whole time! It was not that long. I took off my sash though for the reception
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I took it off and I felt a lot more comfortable and able to breathe lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards