Texas-Houston

"speak now or forever hold your peace"

Anyone fear that somehow someone out there is going to speak up at this moment? Sometimes its the person you least expect... WWYD?

Re: "speak now or forever hold your peace"

• edited December 2011
    i didnt even hear those words at my wedding?!
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• edited December 2011
    You should pull a "spencer pratt" and ask the priest not to say that part
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think I will have a problem with it, but I don't think I will have them even ask.
  • Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I were like "what kind of person would try to ruin a day that you looked forward to for so long." I know lots of officiants don't say it anymore.  
  • edited December 2011
    i didnt ask them not to, they just didnt...did spender really do that?! lmfaoive seen a few videos where ex girlfriends have showed up and spoken out. must've been miserable to go through!
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• edited December 2011
    yea that a.hole did, I've only seen it done on tv, not ever IRL
  • Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I figure if you have something to say to the bride or groom, say it to them before the wedding and make the effort to make contact then. don't go ruin someone's wedding that they have spent months or years planning. Then go and make a fool of yourself and make everyone uncomfortable. that is not romantic... IMO. At my friend's wedding they said it. The priest was old school. Maybe that's why?
  • shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny, this actually happened at one of my weddings 3-4 years ago!  Well, sort of, the father of the bride punched the groom in the face before the wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Shelly-that had  to be a horrible position for the bride to be in, did then proceed w/the wedding?
  • shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup!! They got married.  Sad, I don't think it worked out!
  • megs54321megs54321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about this today. My mom and stepdad don't really care for FI for pretty unfounded reasons, and I'm not really sure they'll be coming to the wedding, but if they did, they would be the ones to say something. I'm hoping they have enough tact and care for me enough to keep their mouth shut. Ugh, I can only imagine what a terrible feeling it would be.
  • edited December 2011
    Our pastor said he did not like to say this in weddings.  So, it wasn't said in ours.
  • erin0709erin0709 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they didn't do this at our ceremony either.  I didn't even think about it... I think I've only seen this done in the movies, too.  None of the most recent weddings I have attended have had the "speak now" moment.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards