Texas-Houston
Options

Anyone have experience with Dream With Me Event Planning

Anyone have any experience with Dream With Me Event Planning?? 

Re: Anyone have experience with Dream With Me Event Planning

• Options

I had a friend that used them and they were not terribly impressed.  She didn't do a terrible job but she didn't do a great one either.  The girl there claimed to have plenty of experience but their website is full of stock photos.  When asked about it they siad they had plenty of wedding photos at their office.  Why would you not want to post those wedding photos to your website? 

Also, they have reviews but again they have no wedding photos of those people who have reviewed them.  My friend said that she felt that perhaps they were starting out & just didn't want to admit that.  She also said that their lack of expereince did show in certain areas of the coordination of their wedding.  

If you are trying to save money, just get a friend to coordinate....you will be better off than someone who will be learning off of your wedding and charging to do that.

• Options
    kn8973kn8973 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks Angiebook, that's exactly what I was thinking too.  They have a lot of reviews, but it seems like they're not legit reviews. 
  • Options

I know it isn't fair - but I am always leary of reviews that have people commenting only on that one service and not more vendors that they used - if that makes sense. Meaning if all of their reviewers only reviewed them and not other vendors...I question who made those reviews. Just my 2 cents.

• Options
    kn8973kn8973 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Texasgal05--My thoughts exactly.  They had 12 reviews--none of the users had any pictures nor any reviews for other vendor. 
  • Options

KN8973 - If you are looking into using a day of coordinator - I am using Sally with Monarch Wedding and Events and I really like her. She gave me a list of reference (without me having to ask) and I e-mailed some of them and they all had glowing reviews (and sent some pictures). She does more than just "day of" and has helped me with finding vendors etc.
    If not - I almost just went with a friend (but she just found out shes pregnant and well she is due right around the wedding date so I didn't want to do that!) Anyway - best of luck! :)

• Options
    I just saw their ad on Craigslist and was considering them, rather than making my brother's girlfriend coordinate day of. Even if they are inexperienced, $250 is a very reasonable price. I've seen day of coordination for almost $2000! Makes me want to be a wedding planner when all of this is over!
  • Options
    Criseyde.....$250 is a great price but save yourself the heartache.  You can hire a professional, experienced day of coordinator for $400.  I know we are all on budgets but consider your stress level, your family involvement & your nerves (again).  I agree that $2000 is crazy money but there are great planners & coordinators out there that are not over priced!

PM and I can send you their information if you are interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards