Texas-Houston

buying your dress

I went to Alfred Angelo this weekend and fell in love with a dress.  This whole weekend I've been obsessing about it and found it in several stores online for way cheaper.  (like 50%) My question is...are those sites trustworthy? or should I stick with buying from Alfred Angelo?  I've always been hesitant of big purchases online.  interested to hear your thoughts...

Re: buying your dress

• Just be careful if they are knock off sites. You will hear a lot of bad experiences from brides on the Attire and accessories board. You may want to post a question about the sites you have seen and ask if they are legit or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would second the advice to be hesitant of the online stores many of them are foreign retailers who make cheap knock-offs.

However, I did buy my Alfred Angelo dress from a separate retailer and saved about $500.00. I bought mine from a place called Pearl's Place, which is actualy located in Louisiana. They don't have a website where they advertise their prices, you actually have to call to get a quote, but I saved a bunch of money with them. You just place the order over the phone and then a few months later you get the dress. My dress was a legit A.A. with the tags and everything.

The only thing is you have to know the exact size, color, etc. that you want because once you order it, there is absolutely NO changing anything. Personally I had a great experience using them and would definitely recommend. Good luck!
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• which websites were you looking at? i agree you should beware of knock-off sites...if they're based in china, they are knock-offs. if the site has a physical store...it is usually legit. just google reviews on the sites/stores for complaints

many knotties have used pearl's place with success. 

my BMs bought their alfred angelo dresses from dressforlessbridal.com and saved $30 per dress. shipping is free if >$300.  they have 50+ alfred angelo bridal gowns. their store in Savannah, GA has A+ rating with BBB. the dresses haven't come in yet so i can't vouch 100%

http://www.plussizebridal.com also has 100+ alfred angelo bridal gowns. they have regular sized gowns...not just plus-sized. they also have A+ rating on BBB in burlington, NC. 

just like PJS001 said, you would need to call each store with the exact style, color, and size. 

We got married 11/3/12!!

• thank you all for your help! I'd heard good things about Pearl's Place before.  Thanks for the other spots too!
  • I wouldnt trust a "cheaper" site.
  • I also agree with everyone on not trusting a cheap site.  Check David's Bridal. They also sell Alfred Angelo dresses. We wemt to Impressions this weekend for future DIL's dress and I was very pleased with their services and knowledge but they only have their line or have the designers put their tags in the dresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards