Texas-Houston

HELP ! I need some feedback on a company ASAP

I was originally going to DIY everything to keep cost down. But it just isn't going to happen. I said all that to ask this. I have be communicating with a decorater here in town. I have met with her twice and I'm just not sure if im getting a good deal. Their are no reviews on The Knot, but I found some on WW. But I want some real feedback from my kotties . If anyone has had any experience with " JL Event Design" please share. www.jleventdesign.com The only thing that bothers me is they don't have a showroom. But I can always get in touch with them and I have seen lots of photos online and in person.

Here is the breakdown:
Ceiling Drape / Wall drape for 104 long x 45 wide reception hall 
Red uplighting around walls
14 ft tall x 24 ft wide crystal fabric backdrop with feather accents
Popcorn buffet with 6 types with all the fixins
22 of lighted tall feather centerpieces (42 inch i think)
220 Black and red chair covers with feather accents
Black and red satin tableclothes with chargers,napkins,menu cards with feather accents
50 ft Red carpet runner with ropes 
King's Table
Cake Table 
 Candle Table

All this for $8k ( I rounded up)
Does this sound like a good deal or pass ?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
123: Invitedimage
TBA: Attendingimage
TBA: Declinedimage
TBA: Not Repliedimage
RSVP August 10, 2013

Re: HELP ! I need some feedback on a company ASAP

• Yeah I think that is pretty reasonabe, we paid close to that just for linens and flowers for 30 tables from Daryl & Co
  • edited May 2012
    Yea I went to D and C the quote they sent me almost sent me to the ER. Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • Hmm.... Sounds like a good deal, but you should also price compare too. Im using Tastefully Yours Catering and Events. Im a little biased because it is partly my Aunts, but for catering, chair covers, wedding arch, cake table, gift table, linens, flowers, cake, and a couple other things it was about $3400 for a 100 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ SayLiliG : Thanks I will check them out as well. I think I have pretty much contacted all the event designers and the Houston and beyond.

My guest list is around 250 so that will make a big difference in cost as well.

My FH thinks the quotes I have been getting are high. But he don't understand the cost of wall and ceiling draping. I got a quote earlier today from Quest Drapes and it was almost 6K just for just the wall and ceiling drapes. I really want a backdrop for the sweetheart table and I don't think it's other companies that offer them in the Houston area. ( Well as nice as the ones she do, I have seem some not some put together nicely. LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • robscorobsco member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I would say it's a fair price.  I know that you could piece all of the above together from different vendors and probably end up somewhere near the same price.  But why do that if you can deal with just one vendor & make it all happen with less stress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://bayarea-texas.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_help-i-need-some-feedback-on-a-company-asap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:1c156ff1-baac-4e90-a24f-734effd4fd59Post:17899fac-9f72-41e4-8aa5-283b857be3c0">Re: HELP ! I need some feedback on a company ASAP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm.... Sounds like a good deal, but you should also price compare too. Im using Tastefully Yours Catering and Events. Im a little biased because it is partly my Aunts, but for catering, chair covers, wedding arch, cake table, gift table, linens, flowers, cake, and a couple other things it was about $3400 for a 100 people.
    Posted by SayLiLiG[/QUOTE]

I just looked into Tastefully Yours since you mentioned it.. seems super reasonably prcied! I will have to contact them ASAP to discuss my wedding needs- I need catering, gift table, ect.  Sounds great.  Thanks for the recomendation.
  • I didn't find anything on Tastefully Yours but a Facebook page with no likes or photos. Anyone know a website for them ? I'm a visual person I need to see previous work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • Tastefullyyoursevents.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_help-i-need-some-feedback-on-a-company-asap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:1c156ff1-baac-4e90-a24f-734effd4fd59Post:0775dfdd-08a7-44e1-ab3d-5b29d8f8fb77">Re: HELP ! I need some feedback on a company ASAP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tastefullyyoursevents.com
    Posted by kaileyv[/QUOTE]

Thanks ! They don't have enough pictures for me. And I'm not a fan of what I seen ! I made another appt with JL and I might go ahead and book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • My cousin used another place called Amada events & design.  She said that their pricing was good but I cant tell you exactly what the ballpark figure would be.  Worth at least a look.
  • Yes I look into them as well. That's why I say I think I called ever decor company in Houston. LOL I went ahead and put my deposit down today with JL. I told her i was a little over my budget and she discounted the satin chair covers down to 1.99 . I hurried up and signed the contract.
    Ya'll should really contact her, she will work with your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • You might consider going with Dream With Me Event Planning. I got a big discounf from every vendor because I went through them. Saved me over $1000.00 when all said and done.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_help-i-need-some-feedback-on-a-company-asap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:1c156ff1-baac-4e90-a24f-734effd4fd59Post:dd4cf738-6eed-4e57-98cc-849f86d48cbc">Re: HELP ! I need some feedback on a company ASAP</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might consider going with Dream With Me Event Planning. I got a big discounf from every vendor because I went through them. Saved me over $1000.00 when all said and done.
    Posted by frizzyhairisme[/QUOTE]

Thanks ! I just checked them out. Looks like you have to get a planning package with them to use those services. Then they are in Conroe, too too far ! And bonus I noticed they have alot of stock images on their website. Doesn't showcase any of their actual work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • Yeah, you do have to get a package. I don't know why they have stock photos. I called there references and saw their actual portfolio in their office and it was amazing work. I know they have stuff on their facebook page.
  • They have pictures you just have to email and she will send some.
    @Kaileyv no problem at all. My Aunt and Keith are great, and the food is delicious. I am having my wedding this Saturday so if you want some pictures Ill post next week!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_help-i-need-some-feedback-on-a-company-asap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:1c156ff1-baac-4e90-a24f-734effd4fd59Post:539602d0-3b0c-4bbf-a070-aafbdc669158">Re: HELP ! I need some feedback on a company ASAP</a>:
    [QUOTE]They have pictures you just have to email and she will send some. @Kaileyv  no problem at all. My Aunt and Keith are great, and the food is delicious. I am having my wedding this Saturday so if you want some pictures Ill post next week!
    Posted by SayLiLiG[/QUOTE]

Yes!  That would be great!  I actually spoke to Keith yesterday and am meeting him in a few weekends to discuss. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards