Texas-Houston

Submerged Silk Flower Centerpieces

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! *gobble gobble*

So I've been chewing on budget friendly centerpiece ideas over the holiday weekend and I'm stuck on the thought of silk flowers in centerpieces. I was originally pretty against it because I don't really like the look of fake flowers, but the budget is starting to be my worst enemy LOL. I have seen a lof of great pictures of submerged silks in centerpieces and it seems as if they don't look as fake, I guess you could say, when they are underwater. Thoughts? Do any of you ladies have experience buying silk flowers in town from wholesalers or anything or just from Michael's or something? Does it actually end up being cheaper than real flowers when it's all said and done? Anyway, I'd appreciate any input.

Happy Planning!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyName Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Submerged Silk Flower Centerpieces

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used some silk flowers for 1/2 of my center pieces. I used red silk orchids and put them on manzanita branches. Looked great. The flowers looked so real. The other centerpieces i got jumbo white fresh hydrangeas and just used 1 stem. I spent less on the hydrangeas per centerpiece than the silk orchids on the mazanita branches.

harwin has some great places with silk flowers that look real. That's where I got the orchids.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    awesome, thanks for the info! i was actually thinking of using hydrageas too since the single stem goes so far! i will have to check out the places on harwin.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyName Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards