Texas-Houston

Memorial Ideas

So this week it is going to be two years that I lost my grandmother. It is really tough knowing that she isn't going to be there for the big day, and with all the planning it just makes it more difficult. Chris and I know we want to do something to memorialize those that are no longer with us at the reception, but we don't know exactly what to do.

Has anybody else done a memorial and have any ideas of how we can honor those that we have lost?
And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: Memorial Ideas

• edited December 2011
    You could do a single red rose and note in the program what it signifies...I've seen that a few times...

Another idea...we are going to do a table with rose petals & candles with pictures on display of the individuals we want to remember on our special day...
    Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
  • icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i plan on having wedding photos from my great grandparents, grandparents and parents wedding on the guestbook table.

you could also theme your tables and place a photo in memory of her there in the centerpiece
  • edited December 2011
    One other idea...if there is a memorial fund in her name, or an organization that reminds you of her (e.g., American Heart Association, Susan G. Komen, etc.), you could make a donation to that memorial fund/organization in lieu of favors and leave a note on each table or at each place setting to inform your guests...
    Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
  • edited December 2011
    The memorial candel is really popular right now.
    We had a portion in our ceremony about remembering loved ones who could not be with us. It was a really lovely moment. Our parents really liked it as well.
    Photobucket
  • ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lost my grandmother during Ike.  So I know how you feel about planning and stuff.  So I think what I will do is place a bouquet of white roses on a chair where she would be sitting along with a red rose. 

My SIL put in her program that the rose petals scattered along the aisle represent the memories of family and friends that couldn't be with them.  Then everything the wind picked up and moved the rose petals it signified the lost one was there. 
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did a memorial to my father in several ways at the wedding.

1.I put him in the program "In Loving Memory" John Augustine  "Always in our thoughts,forever in hearts."

2. I had printed on velum paper the same thing and wrapped it around a vase and lit a candle with a picture of my dad walking me down the aisle at my sisters wedding.

3. My nephew walked my mom down the aisle holding a yellow representing my dad and placed it in the empty seat at the church to symbolize he was there.

4. I had a charm with my dad picture in it in black and white and wrapped it around my bouquet.

Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody. I really appreciate it all.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards