Texas-Houston

Budget Friendly Venues

I just started browsing places around the Houston and surrounding aeas (online) to have my ceremony AND reception. Do yall have any other ideas for venues? My 5k budget is for the WHOLE wedding not just for the venue ;) I am having no more than 100 ppl and will be DYI-ing most all i can to help out on the cost. Also, what price ranges do $ and $$ mean? I looked for some one dollar sign venues and it was pretty sparse so im curious to see ewhat that $ price means. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch :)

Re: Budget Friendly Venues

• edited December 2011

I would try to do a restaurant reception & maybe the ceremony at a local park.

I had my rehearsal dinner at Pasta Lamonte's (I-10 & hwy 6) and it was a full service dinner, had the whole place rented out just for us, had 2 apps, a choice of 6 entrees (w. 2 sides), and a choice of dessert). We also had open beer and wine - and for 70 people it was about 3k. So I think for 100 people that is totally do-able.

Not sure if that's something your interested in. But GL with your search.

Photobucket
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could check out the gardens (http://www.thegardenshouston.com/) they have pricing on their website, they have chapel, garden room, ballrooms available
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much ladies!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Nanner, a park would be a good idea depending on what time of yr you're planning for. You can try the garden center in hermann park, I think it is relatively in expensive.

As for those dollar signs, you might as well just call the venue for pricing. Some venues that had 1 or 2 dollar signs I called and they were like 10K+. It's better just to find out for yourself.

You could also try the heights firestation. STBMrsMartin had her reception there. From what I hear, it is pretty reasonable.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    La Tranquila Ranch in Tomball had a package for less than $5K (ceremony & reception including dinner). I personally did not like the venue myself but thought I would throw it out there b/c it was a really good deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at Brady's Landing and for a Sunday lunch affair it is under 3,000.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Please let me know what you decide to DIY because Im planning on doing the same. I found the admiral on clear lake. It is 2000 to rent the facility AND THEN you can bring your own food (like a bbq place which is cheap) your own DJ and photographer. You can find those on craigslist for a good price.  Good Luck and I hope it works out.
    Photobucket
  • lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PJS001- Wow! That is awesome! I always assumed it was more expensive than that! What does that price include?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EmF2011EmF2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brady's Landing is nice, too.. Try the Houston Ensemble THeater. The front is only $750.00 and you can bring in your own food, etc..  Try a smaller hotel also

Emily
  • rillarsonrillarson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Carriage House Cafe is where we're having our wedding. It's $1000 for the rental and $8.95 per person for dinner. It is western and texas-themed and that might not be what your looking for but it is definitely affordable. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards