Texas-Houston

alteration charges

Hey Knotties...
I had my first appointment with the alterations person where I bought my dress.  I have no idea if the estimate that she gave me is reasonable... can y'all chime in and let me know how these charges compare to what you have experienced:
Hem $150
Take in on the sides $80 (includes both sides)
Princess seams/bust $65
Traditional bustle $40

Thanks so much!

Re: alteration charges

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_alteration-charges?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:3c25a2dc-d04a-42ae-a342-a2418819bd35Post:2cf01354-2aed-4854-9f2b-3f06b695167c">alteration charges</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Knotties... I had my first appointment with the alterations person where I bought my dress.  I have no idea if the estimate that she gave me is reasonable... can y'all chime in and let me know how these charges compare to what you have experienced: Hem $150 Take in on the sides $80 (includes both sides) Princess seams/bust $65 Traditional bustle $40 Thanks so much!
    Posted by anghampton[/QUOTE]

<div>Considering I payed a lot more than that, I think it sounds good to me.</div>

We got married 11/3/12!!

• I'm paying $165 total for similar work from Donna from Sew Noted.
  • I went  Colletti Threads. She charged me $125 for hem $65 for sides, Fixing the top $45 and i had a over the top bustle so it cost $95. I think she is offering an end of the year special too!!
  • I think that costs just depend on the complexity of the alterations and the type of dress.  So that no two alteration costs can be compared.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards