Texas-Houston

**akg0053**

Hey,

I had a question about your marriage prep classes.  You said you took one through the Catholic Church and also the Twogether in Texas... When I finished with the Catholic Church course, it was stamped with a Twogether in Texas logo... were they different?

Re: **akg0053**

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm just now seeing this.

Some of the pre-marriage classes through the church are also certified by the state as being an acceptable substitute for Twogether in Texas. A church can go through the process of having their class "count," but it just so happened that my church didn't, so in order to get the discount or waive the three-day waiting period we had to take another actual Twogether in Texas course. Does that make sense?

Also, for awhile it looked like we were going to have to wait to get our license, so it was really important for us to be able to waive those three days. That's why we took two classes lol.

ETA: If you go on the Twogether in Texas website, you can find a drop-down menu of acceptable classes that count as Twogether. It usually has  the name of a church or deacon there for reference. If you want, you can check there to verify that your program counts, but I'm pretty sure it would or else they wouldn't have put the logo on there.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh.. mine counts.  I did it through the Houston/Galveston Diocese Engaged Encounter program.

I guess I got a two for one...
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's good. In the end I was happy to do both because I actually got some pretty useful information from T in T, but I got *nothing* from my pre-cana classes through the church. 

118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards